Author Topic: Newbie - I have a lot of TS4 questions.  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
Newbie - I have a lot of TS4 questions.
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:52:08 PM »
I once played TS2+AllExp&Packs a long time ago on PC.  I played TS3 briefly on xbox.  Now I just purchased TS4+Vampires.  Would like to belong to a nice forum of friendly people who would answer a few questions.

1)  Can I create floors in TS4 without having to choose a pre-made wall&floor box?

2)  Can I make floors on the grass outside?

3)  Is there anything you consider life and death important that I should get for my cc that maybe fixes deadly game glitches etc?  Big mods I have so far are MCcontroller and IceMtimerchanger.

4)  Is there advice on what not to do that might save me a headache later?  Like in TS2 it was not deleting tombstones or getting married to Crumplebottom Purseslapper or w/e her name was or it will destroy your game.

5)  I killed a sim right away with cheats but do not know what to do with the tombstone.  It is an urn and I put it on her dresser.  Is there a graveyard? 

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Newbie - I have a lot of TS4 questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 01:14:32 AM »
1) You should be able to, I don't see why not.

2) I'm not sure about floors, haven't tried it, but you can create pathways and floors using the terrain paint tool, if you don't mind           
     stone ones.

3) I don't use CC, can't help you with that.

4) That depends on what kind of things give you headaches. I can't think of any game destroying things at the moment.

5) So, you killed a Sim and you have a tombstone and an urn? Pretty sure the tombstone is supposed to turn into the urn if
     you bring it inside. If you don't want to deal with ghosts then you can release the spirit to the netherworld and sell/delete the
     urn/tombstone. No, there is no graveyard in Sims 4 but you can place graves on community lots.

I'm not much of a builder so I can't help much with a lot of those things, but there are building guides on this site and a building thread on this forum. Also, a Youtuber who goes by the name, TheSimSupply, has a lot of building tutorials on his channel that are really easy to follow, even for building n00bs like myself, he covers everything, so check them out.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04:27:15 AM »
@Jemcrystal

I'm not much of a builder either, but I'll give your questions a shot.

1) Room shape
You could use Wall Tool -B or Custom Room Tool to create a room of any shape. The Sims 4 Building Basics Guide here explains how to use the room-building tools.

2) Outside floors
Not sure what you mean by this question. You can create paths using terrain paints as @Rainbow Dash suggests or you could use a no-cost foundation to create a floor with no walls/ceiling.

3) Mods/cc
Can't help you with this one. I've heard great things about Simulation Lag but, when I went to download, saw so many install issues that I never downloaded it.

4) Things to avoid
It really depends on your style of gameplay. One thing, don't exchange promise rings between twin sims; they won't be able to propose later as young adults.

5) Urns/ghosts
I don't like dealing with ghosts unless a sim died accidentally and I want to revive them. Usually, I just throw all the urns into family storage rather than releasing their spirits.
Besides making a graveyard at a community lot, you could also make one on the home lot, but then you would ghostly visitations. Again, it depends on how you like to play.

@Rainbow Dash - How does releasing their spirits to the Netherworld affect the family tree? I've never done the release thing with household members.

Have fun Jemcrystal

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 08:09:56 PM »
Thanks.

6)  I think that I am playing in full screen but I'm not sure.  I have no problem with full screen.  Prefer it so I don't have to look at a border that might ruin immersion.  But I'm not dead set on playing full screen either.  I can do windowed mode. 

It seems like the game is pausing when I leave?  Is this true? 

I will click save and go on the internet browser for a half hour or more and research cc or whatever.  Then I click back on TS4 in the desktop system tray.  TS4 opens up nicely but - it is still saving.  Or more like it paused the save and is now starting the save up right where I left off when I jumped out.  I can't be sure if I'm imagining this or not.  Since I have not played for very long.  But if TS4 does pause when you leave it I would like to shut this off.  If it cannot be shut off will switching to windowed mode fix it?

Specs - Win10, Nvidia 64bit DirectX12, IntelCore2duoCPU, GeForceGTX750Ti.  Lots of free memory and no problem running this game.

7) Are there any other forum'ish sites like this one that are dedicated to TS4?  I used to belong to BlackPearlSims but was shocked to find them gone.  I don't mean a list of download content sites.  I mean sites that actually talk on their forums with a large active population.   I noticed that ModTheSims is still here.  And TSR is active as well.  Who else with English forums is still around?

8 ) Can I play TS4 on multiple computers at the same time?  Not the same world.  I don't want to share worlds between my home computers.  I just want to use my own account to play on each of my pc's simultaneously.  On the same note, do I have to be logged into Origin to play TS4?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 10:04:40 PM »
@oshizu --- The family tree is still perfectly intact when you release a spirit to the netherworld.

Welcome to the forum Jemcrystal :)!

There is a pause button in the middle of the bottom of the game's screen.  You may also do a save as if you don't want to lose any of your progress in the game while you do other things.  TS4 is a great game and the devs do a great job fixing bugs, but there are still some and the game can lag --- especially if you have a lot of lots and a lot of stuff on them. I really like TS4 very much, though.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »
 @coolsim9999999
Thanks for letting me know! I'm not sure I could bear to release the spirit of a sim on my sims' family tree! Well, obviously, I can't!  :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 11:36:14 PM »
@oshizu --- You're welcome.  I found out that it doesn't affect your Sims' family tree because I didn't want to keep ghosts around, so I just saw that option on the urn, and I clicked on it.  That was before I found Carl's guide or this forum.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 12:11:40 AM »
You need to have Origin installed on each computer you want to play Sims 4 on and be logged into Origin. You can't normally play Sims 4 without being logged into Origin. However, you can play "offline".

8 ) Can I play TS4 on multiple computers at the same time?  Not the same world.  I don't want to share worlds between my home computers.  I just want to use my own account to play on each of my pc's simultaneously.  On the same note, do I have to be logged into Origin to play TS4?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
9  )  I have MC Controller (McCmdCenter_AllModules Version) which I think I read somewhere stops auto spawning sims.  Along with having it set in Options to not have the neighborhood populated.  Also getting No Culling today to stop that problem.  That should fix spawning and unspawning sims I did not give permission to spawn and unspawn.  But I read somewhere that there is no stopping the npc workers from spawning they are going to no matter what it's out of coding range.

Question now:  For those few sims who do continue to spawn cause employees, will they always wear default maxis hair?  Or if I put custom content hair styles in my game could the auto generated sims end up with cc hair?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 06:36:50 PM »
Game generated sims can and do generate with all and any cc that you have installed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 04:32:30 AM »
Game generated sims can and do generate with all and any cc that you have installed.

If you have Sims4Studio, which is a mod maker/editor, you can run a batch file to prevent this happening although any Sims that already have cc will keep it.  It changes the flags on the cc itself to say 'not for random' and you can also open cc using it and check the settings yourself.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 05:56:27 AM »

I recently learned. Unfortunately, it also notched up the ugliness. I had some skins installed that I didn't use for my active Sims *facepalm*
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »
10 ) How do I sell gems?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »
If by gems you mean crystals then you can drag them to the sell section of the inventory, click on the post box and sell to geological council or click on post box and send to geo council which will get you elements a couple of days later in the post.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 08:19:12 PM »

I recently learned. Unfortunately, it also notched up the ugliness. I had some skins installed that I didn't use for my active Sims *facepalm*

Hahha! That happened to me and I thought exactly the same thing! lol

@HelenP  I don't use any mods on a regular basis so now I just simply  don't install any cc that I wouldn't want my townies to wear.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.