Author Topic: Inventory Bug: Unable to move items from household to personal inventory  (Read 20088 times)

Offline SimlishOpera

• Nooboo
First time poster here!

I've had this problems with the Sims 4 since I started playing the game back in December. Whenever I move house with plants or elements I cannot put them in any sim's personal inventory. There is no option to pick up the item when clicked nor can I drag the item into the fridge or elements rack. This ONLY happens when I move and I forget to pick up the plants/elements and place them in the personal inventory.

I've tried clearing the cache, disabling CC, several cheats but nothing has worked...Besides this I haven't had any other bugs but this one in particular is wrecking my head!!! I've looked at the EA forums & this one as well to no avail. I've posted screenshots below. One thing I've learned is that it's a hard problem to Google.

If anyone has any suggestions (especially if you've had this problem before) please reply. I could really use some help with this.

Pics attached below.

Thanks!!

2017-04-05.jpg

2017-04-05 (1).jpg

2017-04-05 (2).jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@SimlishOpera

I don't know what's going on with your elements, but it's never been possible to place plants in personal inventory.
As you know, produce can go into your personal inventory.
If you want to move households and take your plants, they need to be placed in family storage before you move.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Welcome to the forum  :)

I'm not sure what you mean by 'it only happens if I move and forget to put them into the inventory'. Do you mean that you take a sim back to visit the old house they have moved out of to try and get the 'forgotten' items? If that is the case then the items left behind when you move a sim no longer belong to you so they can not be interacted with in the same way.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline SimlishOpera

• Nooboo
@Playalot

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'it only happens if I move and forget to put them into the inventory'.

Sorry, let me clarify. What I meant was if I forget to put the items in the personal inventory instead of all the furniture, plants, etc. automatically going into the household inventory after I move.

For example, If I have a tomato bush with tomatoes on it before I move those tomatoes and the plant will go into the household inventory separately (plant & tomato stack). When I start unpacking in the new house I can place the plant & interact with it no problem. If I pick an individual tomato from the household inventory, place it on the ground and then switch to live mode I can't drag it to their inventory or the fridge. The sim has no option to pick up the tomato either, only to eat it.

The same thing happens with elements (except you can't eat elements :P). If you look at the 3rd pic I posted there's no option to pick up the element. Just "Enable Emotional Aura" or "Study". This is an element that I found & sent to the Geo Council myself so it's not like it was there before I moved in.

I hope I explained myself well enough. It's a weirdly complicated problem to explain without showing you in a play-through.

Hope this helps!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Right, gotcha. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas what may be causing this apart from perhaps a conflict with some cc or a mod. I always harvest all my plants before placing the actual plant into my sims Household Inventory. That way the harvestables are all in my sims Personal Inventory and I just drag the stacks to the fridge once they are in the new house.

As for the elements, well...I just can't reproduce what is happening as the elements remain as normal and can be either dragged by me into their personal inventory or picked up by the sims once they are in their new house.  :-\

The only other thing I can think of is if you are combining a new sim into the household at the time of the move. Sometimes the game thinks the collectables do not belong to the newly moved/combined household as technically combined households that are not done by using the in-game 'ask to move in' are considered a brand new household and so the collections are reset to zero.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything