Author Topic: How to place a lot from another world?  (Read 1656 times)

Offline d0cile

• Nooboo
How to place a lot from another world?
« on: April 03, 2017, 12:25:03 PM »
I've had WA for a while but just recently sent my sims to France for the first time. While there, I had a look at the lots in Edit Town mode and found one I absolutely love. I wanted to save the Abandoned Nectary to place in my home world to remodel/furnish and have my sims move into it. However, upon trying to place it into my home world, the lot I wanted to place it onto was unavailable for some reason. I'm pretty sure it's not owned by any sims in my town, and it's 64x64 so the size of the lot shouldn't be an issue, but the game simply will not let me place it.
The thing that confuses me, and might be related to the problem, is that though the lot is empty, the icon for it is an empty house instead of a square lot icon. Almost all of the other empty lots in my world, save one, have the lot icon. Could this be why my game won't let me place the house? I've tried switching lot types but there are only two residential lots to choose from, and I don't want to set the house as an apartment. I thought it might help to change the lot type while in France, so I switched to editing France and found that the only two residential lot types available were "Ownable Lot" and "NPCs Only". Is this a lot type issue, and if so, how do I change it to a normal residential lot? Otherwise, how can I get this lot to place in my home world?

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: How to place a lot from another world?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
I know this problem, it's when there is an object on your lot. Generally something generated by a spawner. Bulldoze the lot before placing the new house on it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.