Author Topic: Help Me CarlSims, You're My Only Hope! [A Simself Immortal Dynasty Attempt]  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Qwib

• Nooboo
Mods, please don't move this thread or delete it. I really need the help right now and I have no idea where else to go. What I'm about to say is going to sound totally crazy, but I think I'm experiencing the mother of all glitches. It's either that, or I've just completely lost my mind. Can playing video games drive you insane?

Let me start from the beginning. It was Thursday night. I just walked the dog and was settling down to do some after-exercise Simming. I went into Origin, pushed play, and then suddenly it felt like the room was spinning. I'm no stranger to being ill, but this was vertigo from another planet. I'm not sure when I went from sitting at my desk to standing, but when the world stopped feeling like a carnival ride I found myself stood hunched over with my hands on my knees. After a few deep breaths I straightened my back and opened my eyes, expecting to see my service puppers freaking out or the face of my concerned husband.

Instead I saw desert. A bright colorful desert. A desert that looked incredibly familiar to me, as someone who loves the Strangetown vibe of Oasis Springs. Everything was so colorful and warm, but at the same time it was so off-putting, like the plants suddenly didn't have enough polygons. I turned around and my stomach dropped. As an avid Sims player I could spot a sims reference a mile away. Why was there a freezer bunny on that bill board? I've seen that before. That dinosaur.

Bear with me folks, but it seems like somehow I'm...in the game..? Is that even possible?!

I'm somehow able to post here via the in-game cell phone. I guess I should be grateful that this is the Sims 4 and not the Sims 1, but still! Help me CarlSims, You're my only hope!

Alright, real-talk. I don't know how long I'll be here and I'm more than a little concerned. Last time I played, the lifespan was set on normal and that isn't a very long life. There's a good chance- a very good chance, that I could befall some ill fate while stuck in the game. I tend to be person of many feelings and that isn't a good thing when some of those can be deadly. Not to mention drowning, starvation, fire, laughter! I'm still a yougin! Way too young to die because I went and got myself trapped in a Sims game of all things.

There's only one way I can think of to keep myself safe and alive until I find a way out or the game gets patched. Ambrosia. Immortality. A Dynasty. It's the only way.

So let's get this show on the road!

Founder: Qwib Simms
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Qwib

What a great prologue! Good luck with your immortal dynasty, Qwibb Simms!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Qwib

• Nooboo
@Qwib

What a great prologue! Good luck with your immortal dynasty, Qwibb Simms!

Thank you so much!

Very compelling beginning! I hope we can be of service!

Yes, very good thing it's Sims 4 and not 1. I'm pulling for you!

I hope so too. I kind of want to survive this thing, y'know? Just a bit. ;)

Thank you!

Offline Qwib

• Nooboo
Chapter The First: Haha remember that one time I broke up a marriage?

So, an Immortal Dynasty. The challenge to end all challenges. One of the hardest tasks for a simmer to accomplish. And here I am, one person- Sim- with limited resources and very bad time management skills. I'm honestly not sure I'm going to pull this off, but there's no other way.

Having no idea where to start, I arbitrarily decided to pursue the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration. It's not too far off from what I do in the real world, and the challenges that come with being an artist should be both easy and familiar to me. What artist isn't used to spending all day on a piece and having forgotten to eat? Or doing the potty dance because "I'll go as soon as I finish this part" for several hours?

And with that decided, an easel popped into existence next to me. Not only was that convenient, it gave me a little sense of home.

I was beginning to wonder how I was going to get stuff without a store.

But alas, an easel does not a Dynasty make. ("If only!" she cried to the Watchers above.) I needed something more. Y'see, I'm really not so good at things that aren't playing the Sims. I just don't have the time to max Cooking and Gourmet Cooking and max a Career and make friends and fish and and...The honey-do list of tasks is long, and I don't think I can do it on my own. I need to bring in someone else to Chateau Empty Lot and convince them to help me as soon as possible.

Now, I think if I handle Gardening and make it one of my max skills, I can probably manage that. I think I can also get lucky enough to catch an Angelfish, or have my helper fish in-between other things. I don't think I can do Cooking and Gourmet Cooking. If I had selected a cooking related aspiration or career- maybe. But I didn't, so now I have to deal with the cards I've dealt myself. I needed a chef.

And. uh. Well. It's not the most morally correct thing I've done, but he's the only chef I know! I'm sure there are better, more skilled chefs than Bob Pancakes but I went into this whole endeavor woefully unprepared. As a die-hard TS3 player, I am unfortunately unfamiliar with a lot of the TS4 townies and their skill sets.

So Bob Pancakes it is.

Don't give me that look.

It's not like their marriage is a happy one, anyway.

Eliza, if you could stop looking so happy and oblivious to the horrible thing that's about to happen, it would really help me justify my bad decision making. Thanks.

I found Bob in his Den of Sad (I'm assuming the bedrooms are his and hers), playing what looked to be a Tetris Knockoff. He looked less depressed than usual, which made him easier to chat up. I decided to leave the whole Immortality thing out of the conversation and instead focused on taking an interest in his gaming habits and subtly bringing up his failing relationship to Eliza here and there. I was surprised how quickly our friendship was growing, even though most of our conversation consisted of How is Your Day, Get To Know, Tell Story. (Remember that one time I was an awful, no good very bad Homewrecker?) Then I remember that this is the Sims, relationships are built in an instant.

"Hey Bob, what do you think about moving in to my lot for a little bit? I'll help you clean up, get back on your feet a little. Get some fresh air, away from...things."

"Uh." Bob paused, then broke out into a grin I've seen other Sims display a hundred times. "Sure!"

He pulled me into a great big, fluffy hug. He was surprisingly warm for someone who's world is so cold. As I hugged him back, it occurred to me that I could kill two birds with one big home-wrecking ball. I needed a helper, yes, but at some point down the line I also need a spouse.

Maker forgive me, I'm going to marry Bob Pancakes.

Just as he began to pull out of our friendly embrace, I whispered in his ear.

"By the way, I need you to divorce your wife."

"What?!"

It was such a curious thing to watch. Despite him seeming like he very much did not want to do this, Bob dutifully trudged downstairs to confront Eliza. I think somehow I've retained some control over other Sims. They still do my bidding, even if I'm not clicking a mouse to have them do it. Not only was this interesting, it was going to be a massive help to my attempts at this whole living forever thing. Now I don't have to worry about getting Bob to cook. I can just order him to do it with my weird mind powers!

(I'm so grateful this was also not an I'm Surrounded By Idiots challenge).

The argument was swift, but even quick cuts can still go deep. Some of the things said I don't think I can repeat, and not just because I don't think there's a Simlish translation. It hurt even me to see, the totally innocent bystander who had no part in this. Eliza seemed to have been done for some time, but I always believed she loved him and that things could be happy.

I guess, with the game, nothing is really set in stone. Even though Bob is now depressed for two whole days geeze man get it together, at the end of the day this is just one save. Perhaps in another time and place Eliza and Bob are getting their happily ever after.

But that day is clearly not today right folks haha let's steal her man and head back to Casa De Nothingness!

It was clear when we got back that Bob had less than complete and total confidence in me. I thought I could cheer him up a bit by making good on one of my promises- to clean him up and make him look a little bit more put together. We didn't have many funds, but I wished a dresser into existence so I could fix him up.

Wah-Bam!

So much better, right?

The second order of business was our Not!House. An empty lot doesn't scream 'Inviting' or 'Homey' or 'Sanity'. To convince Bob that I hadn't ruined his life, I kind of had to give him somewhere to live it first. Now, it needs to be known that I am not a builder. I know a lot of people say that but then they totally are and it's almost even worse because they're like "Here's the Mona Lisa I made! Man I really can't draw haha"

but I really can't build. So we're just going to have to make do.

Rainbow!

Sophisticated!

Sub-par levels of comfort!

It has everything we need! Well, mostly. Eventually I'll fix the whole missing toilet thing. Kind of need one of those. Also a shower. And maybe wallpaper and windows. But until then, we have a sturdy foundation and I like it just fine. One day I'll build the museum under the house as well, but that's far off and not really a necessity in the immediate.

Ah yes, with Bob and his cripplingly sadness at the stove:

And me and my dwindling sanity at my easel:

Things are starting to feel like home.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
I think Bob is an excellent choice, and he's looking fantastic after his makeover. Nice rainbow door, too! Very cheery!

I'm glad exerting your powers over others is going so well, and your mental turmoil over breaking up a marriage is noted. You're right, though. Bob and Eliza have an infinite number of other saves to get it right, and this one is about you!

It's a good start! You're getting places. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
Hi there! Just wanted to say I enjoyed your story :) I think it's a really cool perspective, too. Looking forward to reading the next installment!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sooo....Qwib, what's going on with you and that man you stole?
Waiting to read what's next!

anything