Author Topic: Sims Height?  (Read 10206 times)

Offline lilygrobbo

• Nooboo
Sims Height?
« on: March 27, 2017, 03:51:48 AM »
Is there anyway you can change a sims height? I have started to realize that one of my sims is shorter than my other one. I'm not sure if this is because of different shoes (even though they are both wearing converse) or something else.
If you know, could you please tell me how to change my sim's height...

Thank you in advanced!
-Lilygrobbo

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Sims Height?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 04:35:51 AM »
As far as I know, no. Is the other Sim a teen or an elder? They can appear to be shorter than other Sims, I think high heels and hairstyles can make a Sim appear to be taller but I'm not sure, haven't checked.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 05:09:05 AM »
Certain hairstyles make Sims appear taller as well. In my opinion, teenage Sims in this game overall look too tall. For instance, if a teenage girl both wears heels and fluffy hair, she seems way too tall.

It would be a nice touch if we could adjust the height. Would make for more variety.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 07:50:34 AM »
Sims' height can't be adjusted without mods or custom sliders, and with mods it causes graphical issues on animations. I've tried them and the result is usually ugly. New animations for all interactions need to be created for every height and that's a developer's nightmare. That's why all sims are the same height.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 08:17:09 AM »
Still, it would create a pleasant diversity, and developers should not be averse to making the games as accommodating as possible. Afterall, they make a living of it.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 09:15:54 AM »
I agree. But sadly, I don't think we can expect it to happen in the Sims 4. Because it's pretty close to impossible to integrate in the game at this point. Even if it were developed right now, it would ask so much time and budget, and it would be very likely to introduce many new graphical bugs (which have been more and more numerous lately, with City Living and the toddler patch). It would have been easier to implement before release of the base game.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 01:43:09 PM »
I understand. Guess I just needed to pout a bit. And don't get me wrong, I love TS4 and playing it, even the glitches :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »
I think many simmers will be pouting alongside you Nindigo as the teens being the same height as adult sims has been a bone of contention since day one. But that decision was made by the developers before release so pretty much is how it is going to be. Loads of speculation about as to exactly why this lack of height variant is as it is but seeing as we don't speculate here I'll have to let you google it for yourself.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:19:55 PM »
@Playalot Right. I'll google it and use my brain elsewhere. Wouldn't want any of us to get into any trouble... ::) ;D

*whistles innocently*

anything