Author Topic: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 6 (4/29/17)  (Read 12431 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 4 (4/9/17)
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2017, 11:51:15 PM »
Wonderful! Good choice! I got one of my sims together with Dennis in a casual game, and he produced probably the cutest sim kid I've ever seen. With such attractive parents, I'm sure the heir will be a stunner!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 08:37:57 PM »
Chapter Five: It's Only a Day Awaaaaaay!

Samura: It turns out, dating Dennis was one of my better ideas. He's sweet and sensible, and I'm afraid he spoils me far too much.

He's always going on about how much he loves me. Such a poet he is: the sea, the moon, the stars can't compare!

Yes. Good. This pleases me.

I said yes, of course. I mean, I'm already showing for pete's sake.

He doesn't even seem to mind that my flirting skills are a bit rusty. What is that face? What am I even doing? Agh, I can't look at it anymore. Put that away.

See, there. That's better.

Besides, a fancy brunch followed by a nap? I mean, who *doesn't* think that's the ideal date? And yes, I'm very well aware that I'm not an old lady anymore, but what can I say? I guess it sticks with you.

To say nothing of the fact that I am heavily pregnant. I'm practically a whale by now.

Since the engagement, Alice has gotten even more closed off. I wish she'd talk to me about it, but I can't say I blame her. Who wants to share their marriage woes to a happily engaged sweetheart? It's obvious something's wrong, but she keeps insisting, "I'm fine! I'm fine!"

I remain unconvinced.

Still, love definitely seems to be on her mind. Someone remind me to give that good for nothing husband of hers a kick in the shin next time I see him.

It's a shame, too. Their daughter Olivia is just the sweetest. Definitely a hugger, that one.

They've done their best to keep everything hidden from her, but it's only a matter of time before everything comes out. Maybe when she's a little older. It'll be easier to understand then.

The nooboo was born. We can't decide what to name her just yet, but that's alright. We'll think of something.

I think Dennis is more smitten of her than he is me, but I can hardly blame him. It's not like he'd have guessed in a million years he'd be doing this again at his age!

With the nooboo arrived, we got everything all set up for the wedding. Just one more day! Tomorrow night!

Or, at least, so we thought.

I was so close. So, so close.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 08:42:01 PM »
Aw, it would be really lovely if it were the real thing. It's a real shame there's no "young again" mechanic in Sims 4 (yet). I'd love to see him restored to youth, vitality, and hair.

That's a good point. I wonder what he looked like in his younger years! It'd definitely be nice to find out.

Loved seeing Samura as the protective mama bear.  That was just adorable!
Interesting surprise with the spouse choice, but she's right; it does just make sense.

I really lucked out with him showing up at the bar for her to chew out, right! And yeah, it was just too cute and coincidental them having all the same traits and living together and everything. I had to go for it.

Awww! I'm a sucker for age-gap relationships that can never last long enough. Though Dennis always struck me as too crotchety to woo. :P

Of course you are.  ;) And hey, Samura's basically a crotchety old lady, right? Or was for a long, long time. But yes, far too short. Especially as I let some time go by before getting started.

Wonderful! Good choice! I got one of my sims together with Dennis in a casual game, and he produced probably the cutest sim kid I've ever seen. With such attractive parents, I'm sure the heir will be a stunner!

Ooo! Good to know! Glad to hear about the good genes. I haven't seen the nooboo grow up yet, but now I'm even more excited!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 5 (4/10/17)
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
Saddest.  Update.  Ever!
The shot at the end where she's just walking away looking all deflated and like she could collapse any second...just too much!  Poor Samura.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 11:24:20 PM »
Sad chapter. Sad for Samura. She couldn't get married. Atleast she has a daughter to raise. Looking forward for next chapter.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 10:59:56 AM »
Aw that is just tragic. Had the wedding event already started to get her into her dress? At least he got to meet his daughter and have some truly happy days before he went.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 01:43:34 AM »
I have to agree that last shot of Samura trudging forlornly away from her useless wedding arch is heartbreaking! Congrats on the nooboo, though! And some lovely moments between Dennis and his almost-bride before he passed.

Your house is so beautiful. I love the pond right outside the windows. It gets me every time it's in an image, and I have to stop and admire it. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »
Saddest.  Update.  Ever!
The shot at the end where she's just walking away looking all deflated and like she could collapse any second...just too much!  Poor Samura.

Yeah, the tired walk ready helped me out there. There was so much commotion with the deaths (Vivian, not featured in the story, passed too) she was pretty exhausted by the end of it.

Sad chapter. Sad for Samura. She couldn't get married. Atleast she has a daughter to raise. Looking forward for next chapter.

And such a cute little thing, too! Raising a toddler should serve for some good distraction. They certain need a lot of work in this game.

Aw that is just tragic. Had the wedding event already started to get her into her dress? At least he got to meet his daughter and have some truly happy days before he went.

I was literally rooting around in Samura's phone looking to plan the event when it happened. I almost threw it that morning, but I was like, no! Let's wait for evening! It'll be more romantic and atmospheric and - whoops, nevermind! At first I was kicking myself, but in the end I think it works out better this way.

I have to agree that last shot of Samura trudging forlornly away from her useless wedding arch is heartbreaking! Congrats on the nooboo, though! And some lovely moments between Dennis and his almost-bride before he passed.

Your house is so beautiful. I love the pond right outside the windows. It gets me every time it's in an image, and I have to stop and admire it. :)

Thanks! I've really been putting a lot of work into this house and trying to do better about landscaping. Sadly, it's cost so much just to build and landscape that the inside is actually still pretty barren other than a couple of rooms. Such an expensive house. Need me some simoleans!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 6: Displacement (4/29/17)
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 02:23:09 PM »
Displacement

I don't know if it was love, really. I just know that it could have been. It was a chance, a possibility. I guess now I'll never know. What a waste, too. We spent a pretty penny on that set up. Oh well, maybe someday someone will get some use out of it. Even if it isn't me.

Dennis's death hit all of us pretty hard.

Poor Olivia holed up in her room for days.

And Alice finally painted her first masterpiece. It's a milestone achievement, regardless, but I wish it had gone down differently. I guess it's true that tragedy makes for some good inspiration.

As for me, I've been pouring myself into little Luna, as I decided to name her. My little light. It's plain to see she takes after Dennis quite a lot.

I can't believe she's so big already! She's growing up way too fast.

I treasure these moments while I still have them. While she's still so small and fits into my arms and I'm her everything.

Olivia made a new friend at school, a little girl named Elsa (who coincidentally has blond hair braided down one side - surely by chance, of course). It seems to have done wonders for her mood.

Elsa invited her over for a mutual birthday party. Isn't it cute that they share a birthday?

I have a feeling those two will turn out as close as Alice and I am, or, well ... were? I still wish she'd talk to me about whatever it is that's on her mind. She's clearly keeping *something* from me.

At any rate, Olivia aged up at Elsa's house. She's growing into such a fine young woman, in spite of having a rather absentee father.

Who, by the way, is up to his usual high jinks. Ah, I see he's acquired his next target.

Honestly, he makes me so mad at times, I just wanna - wanna - GRRRAAAHG! I've had to take up meditating so I don't explode.

I mean, Alice is amazing! Anyone would be lucky to have a woman like that. She's talented, and kind, and beautiful. And sometimes I look into those deep brown eyes of hers and I just wanna -

Um, oh! It ... um ... seems I may have displaced the source of my frustrations.

Watcher's Note: Anyone else AGHDJSDFLSAJWR over Samura being bi?? This actually happened completely autonomously, and I think it's just adorable and perfect. It's probably a bug but, apparently sims can randomly choose to woo-hoo in the sauna on their own and without any prior romantic interactions? I saw it queue up in Samura's action bar and thought, no way, Alice will turn her down. But nope! Love it when unexpected developments like this happen.  ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 6 (4/29/17)
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »
Oh my!  Didn't see that coming!
Little Luna is adorable!  I'll be looking forward to seeing her grow into being a significant personality within the storyline.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
I almost did see bisexuality coming. As if Samura just forgot about her former lady love Carmella, even after all this time. :P

If nothing else, she has all the things Samura loves about Dennis. Or at least half of them.

And GOD what a cute baby. <3
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Marsh_Mallow

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 11:55:56 AM »
Aww Luna is too cute! I'm glad she takes after her dad, looking forward to seeing her grow up.

Wowsers for the autonomous woo hoo in the sauna!  ;)
"The power of imagination makes us infinite." - John Muir

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 01:36:02 PM »
That sauna! It's a funny thing, but I've definitely seen unexpected, autonomous sauna woohoo before, particularly in club gatherings because I think it'd coded as a "friendly" interaction. It works marvelously for this story, though, so I'm delighted.

I love the meditation spot! It's gorgeous!

This story is so enjoyable, and Luna is super adorable! I can't wait to see what comes next!