Author Topic: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 6 (4/29/17)  (Read 12430 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Dojo Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:27 PM »
Actually, the skin tones I use are genetic!  And careful doing too much pollinating since we can't do the cloning like we did before but I found over pollinating made the town die faster for some reason. And there is always Change Sim and some Watcher/Sim Magic *winks.*

The house is lovely!  I've learned to put the food on a side table in the dining room and have the house club go to the dining room the call everyone to a meal.  That seems to put them more willing to use the nearby seats.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 01:10:56 AM »
Nice work for day one! The house looks amazing, and Akira should be a marvelous spouse. Loved the tragic backstory. What rotten luck to finish the whole thing and then lose your love and have to start over! I greatly admire Gwenyth's determination and can't wait to see what she does on day two!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »
Ah, the neglected dining room.  Sims are so weird!!
Loving having a Dojo Dynasty to follow again  :=)

Thanks! And erm meh gerd, right? I cannot get them to eat like normal sims: you know, in a chair!?

Actually, the skin tones I use are genetic!  And careful doing too much pollinating since we can't do the cloning like we did before but I found over pollinating made the town die faster for some reason. And there is always Change Sim and some Watcher/Sim Magic *winks.*

The house is lovely!  I've learned to put the food on a side table in the dining room and have the house club go to the dining room the call everyone to a meal.  That seems to put them more willing to use the nearby seats.

Genetic rainbow skins!? Glorious. I have now found and implemented some. Here I thought it was just the way the Sims 4 worked! What is this "Change sim" and "Watcher/Sim Magic" that you speak of? ^.- I must know.

Thanks! Yeah, that does help. Still, they've had some really strange eating habits in this house. It just doesn't stop being funny to me.

Nice work for day one! The house looks amazing, and Akira should be a marvelous spouse. Loved the tragic backstory. What rotten luck to finish the whole thing and then lose your love and have to start over! I greatly admire Gwenyth's determination and can't wait to see what she does on day two!

Big day, yeah? I'm glad I got so much done right off the bat. Hopefully it'll make for a smooth introduction back to dynasties. And thanks! I'm glad you love the backstory. I kinda have a thing for tragic tales, myself.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 08:56:02 PM »
Chapter 3: Mother Knows Best

Samura: Hmpht! Did she really think I was just going to let her travel all the way to Sims 4? By herself? Alone and depressed? *shakes head* Children. They never do know how to take proper care of themselves. *flicks bit of lint off of sleeve* Ah yes. Neat, perfectionist, and loves the outdoors: as usual.

Samura: "I need to talk to you. It's about my daughter. She's gone rogue. She's all alone. And hurting. But I know just what to do to get her out of this funk. So ... here's the plan."

Samura: "What do you think? Are you in?"

Alice: "For you dear friend? Anything!"

Samura: "I must confess. I'm so relieved! You're a saint, Alice!"

Samura: "And your family? Are you sure they're okay with this?"

Alice: "Oh relax, would you? How could they not!"

*mumbled grumbling* It's a yard.

Alice: *blissfully unaware* "Isn't this wonderful! I just love the great outdoors!"

Samura: "Don't worry! Just give me one sim minute and ... !"

Samura: Gwenyth Dojo, I hereby challenge you to a duel!

Samura: Ps: My dojo is totally better than yours.

Watcher's Note: Because I'm absolutely out of my mind (and indecisive about who to found my dynasty), I've decided to play not one, but two, dynasties simultaneously. They are in separate save/world files and are not related to the Rival Dynasties Challenge.

Watcher's Note #2: For the (presumably) majority of readers, a bit of background on Samura and Gwenyth: In Sims 3, my first completed dynasty had Samura for a founder. Her daughter, Gwenyth, I used to found a second dynasty (ostensibly because she had to do a whole dynasty to convince Grim to resurrect her spouse Carmen in order to prove her love after she cheated on him). And, that's about it! The rest of the story should be self-explanatory regardless of whether you read my earlier dynasties.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 3 (4/1/17)
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 10:33:08 PM »
Ahhhhh! The other Dojo who truly will never rest. ;)

I always found Samura's outlook interesting because, unlike Gwenyth, she had the good foresight to not get that attached to any of her husbands. Or she hid those feelings really well. I wonder if she will keep that up or not.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 11:08:04 AM »
I thought for sure you were going with a rivalry dynasty once Samura showed up!
Looking forward to reading both storylines!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 05:18:00 PM »
Neat! Rival Dynasties that aren't Rival Dynasties! And mother-daughter drama to boot! It's a great idea, and I'm very excited. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 12:17:39 PM »
Ooh exciting. Best of luck to both ladies. It's nice to see them back. Can't help but wish we still had that rainbow skin slider for the offspring.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »
Nice to see Samura also. So, it's a dynasty competition between mother and daughter. Samura's dojo look fabulous. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2017, 07:18:01 PM »
Ahhhhh! The other Dojo who truly will never rest. ;)

I always found Samura's outlook interesting because, unlike Gwenyth, she had the good foresight to not get that attached to any of her husbands. Or she hid those feelings really well. I wonder if she will keep that up or not.

Agfkgs! By which I mean, erm ma gerd! It's funny that you say this because of well, what happens next. I love that you picked up on this. Back when I was writing Legacy of Bloodstone Manor, before I got abruptly sims-ed out and dropped off the face of the planet, I really wanted to have Samura finally fall in love. Had this whole big plan for the end of that story being about that. I was going to ask readers to make a sim for her and do some kind of prize contest. So, anyway! Yes! Thank you for noticing something like that about a character I made and love. It's really cool.

Lovely dojo Samura :)

Thanks! It's taking forever, but I'm happy with how the place is coming along.

I thought for sure you were going with a rivalry dynasty once Samura showed up!
Looking forward to reading both storylines!

Thanks!

Neat! Rival Dynasties that aren't Rival Dynasties! And mother-daughter drama to boot! It's a great idea, and I'm very excited. :)

To be fair, I'm really just stealing this idea from Ricalynn, the original rival dynasty writer around here! Mostly I just couldn't decide who to play.

Ooh exciting. Best of luck to both ladies. It's nice to see them back. Can't help but wish we still had that rainbow skin slider for the offspring.

Ugh! I know, right? Mods will have to do in a pinch!

Nice to see Samura also. So, it's a dynasty competition between mother and daughter. Samura's dojo look fabulous. Looking forward for next update.

Yup, just so. Thanks!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2017, 07:18:20 PM »
Chapter 4: In Want of a Husband

Samura: It is a truth universally acknowledged that a dynasty founder must be in want of a spouse. And while Gwenyth has already selected a partner and is no doubt three sheets to the wind, head over heals loosing her heart again, I must confess I find myself rather at a loss about where to begin. The problem being - as some of you have no doubt noticed - I've never been particularly *romantic*.

In logical fashion, I decided to peruse the town and introduce myself to the eligible bachelors.

For obvious reasons, I made sure to give my compliments to the chef.

But just when I thought I was beginning to make some progress, he up and tells me, "I'm evil and married; that's not a deal breaker, right?" "Of course not," I assure him, instantly walking away and showing him the door. "It's merely a coincidence that I suddenly have elsewhere to be."

Yeah right.

I run into a familiar face at one of the local establishments.

Samura: "You're the one dating my daughter Gwenyth, isn't that right?"

He nods, a bit too smugly for my taste.

Samura: "Hurt her and you die."

Who's looking smug now?

Ah! The great outdoors. I do love nature. I guess some things never change.

Dennis: "We share that in common! Actually, it turns out we share a lot in common."

Samura: "You're a neat perfectionist too!?"

And I guess that's how it got started. He lived in the household already, and we had so much in common. It only seemed logical.

I don't think Alice was particularly pleased by this turn of events. Her artwork starting getting increasingly more ... colorful, to put it delicately. I know the age difference makes it strange, but you think she'd be happy seeing one of her best friends and her father together. But maybe the angst is more about all the "late nights at work" her husband seems to be keeping lately.

Still, somehow I found myself getting a bit carried away.

It was fun, after all.

And it'd been ages since I'd done *that*.

What is it they say, fake it 'till you make it? Or could this finally be the real thing?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 4 (4/9/17)
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2017, 08:35:13 PM »
Aw, it would be really lovely if it were the real thing. It's a real shame there's no "young again" mechanic in Sims 4 (yet). I'd love to see him restored to youth, vitality, and hair.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2017, 09:03:25 PM »
Loved seeing Samura as the protective mama bear.  That was just adorable!
Interesting surprise with the spouse choice, but she's right; it does just make sense.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 11:17:14 PM »
Awww! I'm a sucker for age-gap relationships that can never last long enough. Though Dennis always struck me as too crotchety to woo. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded