Author Topic: The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 6 (4/29/17)  (Read 12429 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
The Dojo Dynasty - Chapter 6 (4/29/17)
« on: March 25, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »

The Immortal Dojo Dynasty Dynasties

Chapter Links:

Chapter One: Begin Again
Chapter Two: Reinventing the Wheel
Chapter Three: Mother Knows Best
Chapter Four: In Want of a Husband
Chapter Five: It's Only a Day Awaaaay!
Chapter Six: Displacement

Stats:

Generation One: Gwenyth Dojo

Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Genius, Geek
Aspiration: Nerd Brain

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »

*With an abrupt popping sound, Gwenyth Dojo winks into existence.*

Gwenyth: Ah! I knew I would figure out how to get my genius little self here somehow. Make a Sims 4, but leave me behind in Sims 3? I don't think so!

Gwenyth: And now: FREEDOM! I've been rotting away in the sim bin for far too long. I mean seriously, you give me the loves the outdoors trait, and then you just leave me sitting in the bin? Pfft. Watchers.

I know what you're thinking. I look fierce, right? Well, what can I say. Once you've lived a lifetime or two - or well, through two dynasties so, what, about 15 generations or so? - anyway, I guess you start to get a little bit strange and progressively less sim-ish. I've spent a lot of time in the future. Maybe I picked up some odd alien makeup trends.

Gwenyth: But enough about that! It's time to move in some dynasty helpers, amirite? I hit up Victor and Lilly Feng because: (a) rich; and (b) those lovely fellow Asian genes. Besides, what dynasty couldn't use a future president and CEO in their court? I tell Victor: It'll be graaaand! Just think of it! He seemed a bit skeptical at first.

Victor: "Wait. You're saying my grandchild would be ... immortal?"

Gwenyth: "Absolutely! Your legacy will live on for eternity. Plus, I'll make sure you reach the top of your careers and your aspirations are fulfilled. I'll prioritize it, in fact. No dynasty skilling until all of that is taken care of. And you'll have the best accommodations. Only the finest for you!"

Victor: "But my wife. She hates children, you know."

Gwentyh: "She has the domestic trait! Clearly she wants a family. Besides, she'll love your kid, even if she hates other peoples'!"

Gwenyth: And, feeling mighty fine about themselves, the Fengs took the bait because *of course they did.* That much power dangling in front of them? Like taking candy from a baby.

Lilly: "You know Victor, I think we made the right -"

Lilly: "Wait a minute, where's the house?"

Gwenyth: "Don't worry. My contractors are suuuuuper fast."

Gwenyth: And in the blink of an eye, boom! House. Give me the same thing that used to be here, but, like, bigger, I told them. I'm many things. I've been many things. Dynasty heir, generation two. Dynasty founder. Wife, lover, mother. Scientist, firefighter, gardener. But in all my lifetimes, there's one thing I have never claimed to be: a creative. I'm just not the artistic type, never have been. So it wasn't the most original idea, but hey: house. Good enough, yeah?

Gwenyth: I guess it's a start. Again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Dojo Dynasty
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
Wow, you're starting in Ye Old Salt House with the Fengs!?

Best wishes to the Dojo Dynasty's gorgeous founder! I'll definitely be reading!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
Nice to see Gwenyth back, hope she will succeed onces more.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 08:49:32 PM »
You're crazy. Your houses always look amazing. That whole Asian-themed garden area in the original dynasty with the walkover bridge was bananas. I'm SUPER EXCITED that you're back and in the sims 4, though. Gwenyth looks incredible. Woo!

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
  • Sims, and Doctor Who rocks!!!!
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 11:42:49 PM »
She is pretty, good luck on the challenge

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 09:41:58 PM »
Oh my god it's been too long without Gwenyth. She looks better than ever!

I'm curious as to which rainboo-producing route she'll take this time. Aliens? Seed the town with green? Those nifty CC rainbow skintones that townies love to generate with? Possibilities are endless. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »
So happy to have Sims 4 Dojos!!
Gwyneth looks amazing!  Can't wait to see who she chooses as her spouse  :=)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 04:46:45 AM »
The Dojos are back. Glad to see Gweneth in Sims4 form. Bookmarked and looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »
This looks so great! What a marvelous founder! I love the Fengs, too, so I'm looking forward to seeing how things go with them. Hooray for a dynasty in the city!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 03:34:24 PM »
Rhoxi!  and Gwenyth!  Welcome to Sims 4, Gwen.  We were just thinking about you two the other day, Artie and me that is. Good luck on the new start!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 07:49:32 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! It simultaneously feels like forever ago and yesterday since I was actively involved on the forum and writing stories. Happy to be back and to see so many wonderful, familiar faces!

It'll be interesting to play a dynasty on such a small lot (30x30!), but I did enjoy playing a dynasty in Bridgeport (which I think was 40x40?). The 64x64 lots are just so big! I wind up never fully finishing building/decorating/landscaping to my satisfaction. Anywho, copying the original lot really sped up the process, so maybe this house will actually get fully finished sometime before the end of the dynasty.  :P

As for rainboos, I wish there was someway to guarantee/breed them. But it seems like sims just get a random skin tone instead of inheriting one of their parent's? I'll probably just focus on breeding unique genetics and to keep the town from dying out over time. Update incoming!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 07:51:57 PM »
Chapter Two: Re-inventing the Wheel

Gwenyth: So, I started again: all over, from scratch. Because that's what we do, isn't it? We make ourselves, get crushed and broken, re-make ourselves. Over and over again in an endless cycle called life. We think we've got it all figured out, and then - BAM! - life deals you a whammy and suddenly you're back to square one. I'm sure you've heard that old saying that the difference between a happy ending and a sad ending is just a matter of where you decide to stop telling the story.

Gwenyth: But here's the thing, the really, really crappy thing. I got my happy ending, and I worked hard for it too, I'll have you know. I spent an entire dynasty, an entire eight freaking generations just to get my happy ending. And then there may, or may not have, been a slightly, oh-so-tiny, sort of explosion in the science lab one day.

Boom! Literally boom, and everything I worked for was gone. It's not like he didn't have a deathflower on hand because, hello, of course I was prepared. After eight generations, I wasn't going to be careless about getting the love of my life back. But here's the thing they don't tell you: Grim is a bit of a jerk. Guy's always had it out for me, which is why I had to do an entire dynasty just to get Carmen back in the first place, and he relished getting to pull one over on me again. He took Carmen. I'm still here.

Square. Freaking. One.

Gwenyth: Ah. The beauty that is the circle of life. I'm not at all bitter. Nope. *>.>* So I do what any tenacious survivor does: I press on. I make myself anew, re-invent myself if necessary, because I'm not going to let *that* be my ending.

With a couple of dynasty helpers on board, it's time to find a dynasty spouse. I corner Akira Kibo in the bathroom of his San Myshuno apartment.

Gwenyth: Not the most glamorous or romantic introduction, but certainly a memorable one - much to the evident horror of his young roommate. Listen buddy, you'll understand when you're older. This here's a dynasty, and I'm on a strict schedule, so excuuuuse me for not having more class.

Gwenyth: I make good on my promise to the Fengs, too. It's a bit sparsely decorated until we get some more simoleons, but it's all top notch quality with a luxurious master bath.

Gwenyth: Akira moves in, and we end day one with a dinner which, for some odd reason, the Fengs decide simply must be eaten in my new bedroom.

Gwenyth: This, despite the fact that I had the contractors whip a perfectly suitable dining room which, you'll kindly notice, is empty.

Gwenyth: To speak nothing of the perfectly fine bar in the kitchen. Couldn't we at least eat there? Evidently not. *sigh* My couch and bed it is, then. (Not bitter.)

Gwenyth: As a productive first day comes to a close and night sets in, I have to wonder: who will I be this time? After everything, after all this, is there even a place for me in this world?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »
Ah, the neglected dining room.  Sims are so weird!!
Loving having a Dojo Dynasty to follow again  :=)

anything