Author Topic: Game won't load one household, but will load other households  (Read 19771 times)

Offline namsifu

• Nooboo
Hi,

So I was playing Sims4 earlier (on a Mac) and It started lagging a lot, so i saved and exited the game.
I turned off my computer to let it rest while I ate dinner.
After dinner, I turned my computer back on and turned on the Sims4. But my main household wouldn't load, but the other households in that saved game does load. It does the sim icon spinning thing, but then crashes, and i have to force quit the game in order to close the app.

I've googled the problem, but it seems like most people have a problem with a whole saved file not loading.. not just one household..  :'(

Offline namsifu

• Nooboo
Re: Game won't load one household, but will load other households
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 12:41:12 AM »
I also tried to load an older version of the game (from like 10 days ago, I saved before I moved) and even that house won't open.....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 12:50:31 AM »
I'm thinking the household has glitched some how. If you have the family and their house saved to your library or gallery you can try loading them up in a new game to see if that might help?

Thank you for letting us know you tried a different backup save. If you have other backup saves, you may want to try those just in case. If you find one that works. Then re-save it as your current game save.

Household Not Loading (Tips)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28907.msg469637#msg469637
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline namsifu

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 01:01:07 AM »
Hi, thank you,

Do you think all their trait levels and everything will return??

I'm not that worried about the design of the character, but I just don't want to lose all their traits and experience... ):

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 01:09:23 AM »
If they were saved with those traits, skills etc. They should still be there when you put them in a new game.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 02:05:27 PM »
Have you tried evicting your household and then placing them back ?
Are you sure that if you play with CC, all your CC is up-to-date ? The game might crash because of bad CC. It might explain why only one household isn't loading. And it often happens for the first time just after patching.

Offline namsifu

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
What is CC? .__.
I tried to move them to a different house, but that didn't work either.. I just tried to evict them and move them into a different house, and that also didn't work. I can edit them, but it just crashes when I try to play that family

Have you tried evicting your household and then placing them back ?
Are you sure that if you play with CC, all your CC is up-to-date ? The game might crash because of bad CC. It might explain why only one household isn't loading. And it often happens for the first time just after patching.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 06:24:17 PM »
CC is short for custom content. Custom content is fan-generated content made by players for players.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_content

I'm not sure what else to try. It sounds like maybe something is really corrupt with that family. :(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
I had something similar happen a year ago. Turned out to be a half completed painting on an easel. I must have quit the game while the sim was still painting and somehow that caused a corruption. I evicted the family and then went into build mode and deleted the house then downloaded the same one from my library that had not been played in yet, so no sim made paintings/photos etc. I then deleted the localthumbcache.package file to clear out the caches etc. When I moved the family back in through the Manage Household menu they played as normal again.

Might not be of any use to you but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sad thing is sometimes games do become corrupt and there may be no 'cure' for that family apart from to delete that game save and start again.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 07:11:59 PM »
I suggest splitting the household into single-sim households and play them one-by-one; there's a good chance a single Sim is the source of the problem.

Offline veronica55

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 04:41:00 AM »
This is an old thread but just wanted to add how I fixed this issue.
In my case, I recently made a clean install because my game was lagging like crazy, have had a few CC and mod problems, apparently they broke some game files etc. After doing a clean install and making sure game is running well, I put my saves, mods and cc back in.

When I tried to play my fav. household, game went in to the forever loading household syndrome but then I realized other houseses within the same save file were loading fine. So I moved the family out on an empty lot, that loaded fine as well, so my sims were not corrupted. So I thought it was the house. I wanted to enter "build" from the neighbourhood screen, when the house was empty, so I could demolish and replace the house, but that couldn't load either. The lot and the house were completely corrupted, I couldn't reach to the house in no way, therefore I couldn't demolish it. I tried replacing the house directly from the neighbourhood bu choosing a hpuse from my library, that didn't work either. I was about to admit that I just lost that piece of land in my game for that save file which I've played for like 8 generations.

Then, I created a random sim in order to move in to my corrupted lot and try loading it one more time, but I discovered another option by that action. When you place a new sim on an empty house, you have 3 choices; furnished, unfurnished, bulldoze house. YAY! So I choose the 3rd option and I could finally destroy the corrupted house and the lot was reseted. Then it loaded nicely.
(when you choose demolish house while moving a sim, after it's done, you can still see the house on the map before you load the lot for the first time, it's just the ghost of the house it IS demolished. Once you load, the lot is empty)

Luckily I had the same house saved in my library so I could replace it later. If you don't have the house saved in your library, there's no way to save the house in that case. But at least you can save the lot from staying corrupted forever.

Just wanted to share this solution in case someone else has the same problem, googles and ends up here. No need to create a new game and move the sims etc. when one particular lot gets corrupted somehow.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
I was reading over this thread and Veronica's post got me to wondering if this bug is some how related to the uneven terrain on lots reverts flooring bug, in which some lots in each of the towns are bugged or corrupt.

[OPEN] Uneven Terrain on Lots Reverts Flooring
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Uneven-Terrain-on-Lots-Reverts-Flooring/td-p/4449291

Offline simmerille

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 04:10:53 AM »
I suggest splitting the household into single-sim households and play them one-by-one; there's a good chance a single Sim is the source of the problem.

Thanks for this tip!

I had the same issue as the OP regarding a 6-sim household. When I moved them out, I could access the lot fine in build mode so I felt like the issue was the family itself.

I evicted the family, separated them, moved them into an empty lot and basically narrowed it down to the corrupt sim (using the 50/50 method). I deleted the corrupted sim and since then, everything has been fine.