Author Topic: How often does Origin have Sims 4 DLC on sale?  (Read 26087 times)

Offline Chuckles

• Nooboo
How often does Origin have Sims 4 DLC on sale?
« on: March 22, 2017, 06:32:01 PM »
I just bought the game only a couple weeks ago when Origin was having that 50% off sale on the core game and all the expansion packs. I was just curious if there's any regular pattern to how often these sales come up (like how Steam can be counted on to have Christmas sales every single year, as well as at least one big sale every season of the year)? There's a couple of game and stuff packs I have my eye on.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: How often does Origin have Sims 4 DLC on sale?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:24:28 PM »
@Bri  might be able to answer you better. It does seem pretty regular but I don't pay enough attention to the sales to be able to tell if there is a pattern or not. Also, the sales follow an American retail system of holidays etc which being from NZ usually escape my notice!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:11:58 PM »
We just had a large sale on origin. There is usually another large one at the beginning of summer, in June if I am not mistaken. Usually the latest expansion is not part of the sale.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »
Origin does have regular sales, though the amount saved will vary, especially if something is newer or not.

That said, I can guarantee there will be a summer sale roughly around the time Steam tends to have theirs.  So I would be expecting one in about 2-3 months.

There is also a large sale around Christmas.  So at least every 6 months for sure.   

They will also hold many smaller sales between these times.  The savings can still be good, but it will be variable when it shows up.  I try to post stuff when there is a sale, but sometimes I miss something.

Offline Chuckles

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:25:52 PM »
Thanks for the responses! Good to know I won't have to wait that much longer for another big sale. I'll try to resist the urge to buy what I want sooner than that.

anything