Author Topic: Skipping School Bug  (Read 29401 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Skipping School Bug
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »
This child's traits are Disciplined, Virtuoso, and Ambitious.  How would those traits cause him to skip school?

Some traits may cause skipping school, but I also think there's a bug. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
This child's traits are Disciplined, Virtuoso, and Ambitious.  How would those traits cause him to skip school?

Some traits may cause skipping school, but I also think there's a bug. 

Could it be because Disciplined is one of the new traits from World Adventures?  Pam, didn't you say this skipping school bug appeared after WA was released?  In the Baby Boomer challenge, I never used any of those new traits because we weren't allowed to travel, and none of the kids I had in that game ever skipped school (thank goodness).  But now I'm wondering if the problem resides in the WA traits.  Is this possible?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
But now I'm wondering if the problem resides in the WA traits.  Is this possible?

I haven't had the skipping school problem in quite a while.  I'm currently playing a game that has children with WA traits and there hasn't been any problem at all.  *knock on wood*

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
But now I'm wondering if the problem resides in the WA traits.  Is this possible?

I haven't had the skipping school problem in quite a while.  I'm currently playing a game that has children with WA traits and there hasn't been any problem at all.  *knock on wood*

Thanks, Pam, for all your input on this.  I'm still wondering what, if anything, the different traits might have to do with the problem.  Also, the child has aged up to teenager and, as you predicted, I was not able to choose his new trait.  He got Workaholic which isn't too bad, but not what I would have chosen for him.  In your earlier post you mentioned some way of changing a sim's traits - can you tell me how to do that, or is there information somewhere on the site that I could refer to?  If I learn how to do this, perhaps I can try different traits and see if they make a difference.  Thanks again.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 08:42:46 PM »
In your earlier post you mentioned some way of changing a sim's traits - can you tell me how to do that, or is there information somewhere on the site that I could refer to?  If I learn how to do this, perhaps I can try different traits and see if they make a difference.  Thanks again.

open the cheats control panel and type....
testingcheatsenabled true
shift-click on your target Sim
You'll then have the option to change traits.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 01:34:32 AM »
Adding to Metro's instructions:

Ctrl+Shift+C will open the cheats window.
Type "testingcheatsenabled true" and press Enter.
Make sure the Sim you want to change is your active Sim and shift+click on the Sim.
Choose "Modify Traits for Active Sim"
You'll get the window where you can remove and add traits.
Reopen the cheats window and type "testingcheatsenabled false" to turn off the testing cheats.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »
Also there's an LTH reward called 'Midlife Crisis' that allows you to change the traits without cheating (although then you spend valuable LTH points).
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »
Not so Valuable if you know the Cheats way of getting Them!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 09:55:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for the information on how to change traits.  I am going to try the method Pam & Metro have described.  I don't think I should have to waste LTH points on the midlife crisis when it's not my fault the child wound up with traits I didn't want.  I don't generally use cheats and wouldn't here if the game hadn't cheated me by creating a situation in which it was impossible to succeed.  Thanks again, all!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
I've reached the conclusion that this game is just bugged.  This is the same game in which the mother keeps getting New Friend moodlets when she hasn't talked to anyone in hours.  The latest thing to happen, the child aged up to Teenager and I thought he should spend some time with his father.  The mother invited him to visit (he lives in France) and he arrived at 9am, as they do.  He just stood beside the mailbox.  I tried to get both the mother and child to interact with him, but they couldn't.  So I had the mother call again and invite him.  Another copy of him arrived immediately, and this one behaved normally.  He left a few hours later.  Next day, the copy is still standing by the mailbox.  He periodically shows hunger or bladder distress, but no one can interact with him and he shows no inclination to leave.  I had the mother phone the character and she had a good chat with him, but the one standing by the mailbox just continued to stand there (not talking on the phone).  It seems we have created a tulpa.  I am wondering if he will eventually leave, die, or what.  What a bizarre game.  It's kind of fun!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
If you reset the one standing by the mailbox, he'll probably disappear back to France.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 12:48:17 AM »
If you reset the one standing by the mailbox, he'll probably disappear back to France.

Yes, I really didn't want to see him die, so I reset him and he disappeared.  The latest thing with this game is that on his own the child has started wearing glasses.  I've never seen a sim do that before.  This game is really entertaining - it's like they have a mind of their own.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 12:13:09 AM »
My skipping school bug has returned!  Argh!!  I've been playing this same family for 4 generations and the bug didn't appear until this current batch of school kids.  I've got two teen agers and one child, and they all skip school constantly.  It's especially difficult when they are children because they don't have as much time to get their grades up, so I'm ending up with bad grades.  I'm positive it's not related to traits because they all have a wide variety of traits.  They go to school on the bus just fine, but by 9:30 they are outside playing.  I send them back into the school usually 3 or 4 times a day.  I'm just baffled about this.  No problems for the longest time and now suddenly here it is again. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
Pam, I'm sorry you're having this problem too, but it is comforting to know I'm not the only one.  The crazy thing about my game is that the child/teenager has been on the honor roll the whole time, even though his grades aren't very good.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2010, 10:45:59 AM »
Wierd! Have you tried sending them manually, so they'll take their bike or car? I always do this, and the kids have always gotten into school before the first bell. (9:00AM) I usually send them off at 7:20 or 7:30, so they get there just before school starts.