Author Topic: Advice on writing Asylum Challenge?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline bookloverblue

• Townie
    • Blue's Sim Stories
Advice on writing Asylum Challenge?
« on: March 22, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »
Hi folks,

I recently commenced an Asylum Challenge - Dr. Marlow's Home for the Sanity-Challenged - but I'm struggling somewhat when it comes to writing it up.

To make the story a bit more unique, I've given it a Victorian setting and tried to make the inmates into interesting and distinct characters. However, the gameplay up until now tends to be similar day after day, which makes it hard to keep the story fresh and moving. I'm also used to crafting a more character-driven narrative, which is harder to do when you can only play as, and influence the life of, one Sim.

In short, I'd like tips on how to keep the story interesting and readable. Are there ways I could influence events whilst remaining within the challenge rules? Should I just craft a story anyway and not worry about it fully reflecting the game? Should I try a different writing approach?

All ideas welcome!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Advice on writing Asylum Challenge?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:16:43 PM »
Gosh, I really don't know but didn't want your post to go unanswered! I wrote one ages ago soon after the game was released and focused on the inmates personalities (all created by me rather than game driven) and then used the things they did as further fuel for these personalities and screenshots. I think that inherently asylum challenges lead for short snappy narrative as in TS4 the sims usually do remarkably well at looking after themselves which in this situation is rather unfortunate!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.