Author Topic: Roof confusion  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Toomuchgeek

• Nooboo
Roof confusion
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:31:37 PM »
I need some roof help. I'm trying to build a mansion and I can't get the roof to stretch across the whole ceiling? I just get a tiny 1x1 tile. Any help would be appreciated! :) (Excuse me if this is obvious)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Roof confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »
I'm definitely the wrong person to be answering this, but I don't want to leave you too long without any response.

When you click on your little 1x1 tile, do you see the white arrows? Use your cursor to click on one of the arrows then stretch your roof in the directon you want.
There's a detailed guide on roofing on Carl's Guide here.

Our mod @Playalot is a fabulous builder and can explain roofing much more clearly than me, for sure!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:31:28 PM »
Not much more I can add but the guide Oshizu has linked you to should really help you out. All roof shapes/designs can be placed and dragged by the arrows when you click on the placed roof. Even altered if you change your mind.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 05:28:26 AM »
Roofs are both confusing and annoying, one of the worst parts about building, if you ask me. Just a question, is the room underneath it complete? That can sometimes mess up roofs. My suggestion is to just mess around with it, see what happens, something should click into place ... eventually.  :) Dunno if this helps, not much of a builder, I hate building but I know how frustrating it can be (Building is probably what I rage quit over the most, lol) so I thought i'd stick my ten cents in, in the hope it helps somewhat. XD  :)

Offline Toomuchgeek

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »
Thanks you for the responses guys! Will try this out now  ;D

anything