Author Topic: My Sim's Imaginary Friend Won't Come to Life  (Read 3940 times)

Offline xxInfam0usCreatur3

• Nooboo
My Sim's Imaginary Friend Won't Come to Life
« on: March 19, 2017, 11:42:33 PM »
So I had created a family in CAS with a toddler sim, and she was given an IF doll. In the hopes that he might come to life, I had Willow play with him every day as a toddler, with the exception of her mother teaching her to walk, talk, and use the potty chair. I believe it was about two days ago that she just aged into a child. I hadn't received the notification yet that "Jasper (the doll) wants to come out and play." So I had her play with him some more. Then the notification finally popped up yesterday, but when I took him out of her inventory, nothing happened. I put him back in her inventory, then took him out again. Didn't work. Tried having her interact with him, including using the "Host a tea party," option. Still nothing. I even downloaded the NRaas Debug Enabler to force him to come to life, but he still won't come to life! Does anyone know how what else I might be able to do, or did my sim miss her chance to bring Jasper to life?  :( Any help is appreciated.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: My Sim's Imaginary Friend Won't Come to Life
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:39:48 PM »
Did your sims travel, move out or were evicted recently ? If yes, the sim associated to the IF has been lost and you should revert to an older backup.
If you want to see if the sim associated to the doll still exists, use MasterController to check the whole population and see if you have a sim named Jasper in your list. If the sim is there, you can use DebugEnabler to (re)set the doll's owner. DebugEnabler won't do anything automatically, all it can do with IFs is setting the doll's owner. If Jasper isn't in your town's population, I'm afraid it's been lost and nothing can be done other than reverting to an older backup.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything