Author Topic: Bug involving child skills and Video Gaming  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Bug involving child skills and Video Gaming
« on: March 18, 2017, 01:40:12 PM »
After a bit of testing, I have come to this conclusion.

There appears to be a bug where both Motor and Mental child skills proceed into Video Gaming, resulting in the Video Gaming skill to be reset when both child skills are levelled up to 10. Example:

Motor Level 10, Mental Level 6, Video Gaming Level 7

becomes

Motor Level 10, Mental Level 10, Video Gaming Level 1

The result is the Video Gaming skill to drop without a cheat. Anyone else able to confirm this?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bug involving child skills and Video Gaming
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »
@Junan

I've never had that happen to me. I always max out Mental before starting on Motor, so that playing Keyboard Commander from Level 4 Motor will build Video Gaming.
Last week, I had children in my game work on both skills but saw no drop in Video Gaming.
I wonder if you're experiencing a new bug?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
@Junan

I've never had that happen to me. I always max out Mental before starting on Motor, so that playing Keyboard Commander from Level 4 Motor will build Video Gaming.
Last week, I had children in my game work on both skills but saw no drop in Video Gaming.
I wonder if you're experiencing a new bug?

I believe it can happen both ways (Motor to 10 after Mental and vice versa) and only occurs when the same child maxes both skills. Motor linking into Video Gaming is likely a bug in itself as levelling that to 10 pops up a notification with no mention of the skill.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »
Normally, the Video Gaming skill only becomes available to children after maxing the Mental skill, which is why I skill up Mental first (if the kid wants the Video Gaming skill).

If your child sim has access to the Video Gaming skill without having maxed Mental, that's a bug for sure. Either that, or childhood skills have been changed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 05:36:30 PM »
Yes! I had this happen in a game and just thought it was an annoying glitch on that particular file! I don't have time to test it out today but would be very keen to know if anyone else has had this happen too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything