Author Topic: Major bug affecting household saves *solved*  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Greenbrier 2157

• Nooboo
Major bug affecting household saves *solved*
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:07:17 AM »
This is rather hard to explain but I am trying to be as a clear as possible. My first time posting on this forum, hope I am doing it correctly!

This is a new issue that has arisen for me after downloading the Outdoor Expansion pack as well as moving Sims to apartments in San Myshuno. 

Every time I save one household and go back to playing another household, the time of day and the day of the week where I left off the previous household transfers to the newly opened household. For example, if I saved Household A at 10:40 AM on Monday (Sim time), I will then restart Household B at 10:40 AM on Monday even though I last left Household B on a Saturday night (again, Sim time).

This has caused the households to open up with glaring messages saying the kids are "missing school" and the adults are "missing work" because the game seems to have "proceeded" along the same timeline as the last active household rather than returning to the timeline it was on for its last save. As an example, I left one pregnant mom in trimester 1 to go to play another household, and when I returned she was in trimester 3, having advanced in time along with the household I last played rather than returning to the day/time I saved for the pregnant mom's household. I thought this was maybe just concentrated to apartments, but I am seeing it everywhere from Willow Creek to Windenburg.

In gameplay settings, I have it set so that inactive households DO NOT AGE. Please help! I have already tried to repair the game through Origin and  by deleting cache files. I have never had mods or custom content, ever. I have only just encountered this problem after starting Sims 4 two months ago. It is really affecting my gameplay, as every time I move between households, I am cleaning up a mess :-(

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Major bug affecting household saves
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:20:20 AM »
That is how the game is designed. While your unplayed Sims don't age, time does progress. For that reason, it is best to switch households very early in the morning so that school and work schedules are not messed up. I usually switch on Sunday at 6AM.

And, yes, pregnancies will progress and babies will be born while you are away from the household.

This thread explains how rotational play works in the game: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23181.msg406680#msg406680

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Greenbrier 2157

• Nooboo
Re: Major bug affecting household saves
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »
Oh wow, I suppose I never noticed or something. I feel very silly! I guess I just never had any issues with it for whatever reason, probably because I happened to switch in the morning and never switched between pregnancies. I had no idea that babies would be born in inactive households. I Thank you so much for your swift reply and I will check out that thread. Very much appreciated!!  :D

anything