Author Topic: CAS basics: Name, Gender, Sliders and skin not working even after disabling CC?  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Ladymajesty

• Nooboo
I've finally come here for help after a whole day of looking it up and searching. At first I thought it was corrupted files or something, but I used mods to scan and they were all clean except for one which I deleted. I disabled the Sims3packs and moved the mods folder out to my desktop in hopes it would start working, which in fact it did not. I can't type a name in, nor change genders. I can select genders and ages, but it won't change. This was even after disabling all of my mods. The sliders aren't working in basics, default by the way. I'm trying to play it as a regular game. I've deleted the 5 cache, and the other options such as head sliders or eyes and clothes and hair still work, just not the basic part. I also saw how I may need to increase the max number of sliders BEFORE I disabled, which I did with the right patches and still nothing. I've run out of any options I can think of and I'd rather not delete the files as they're clean especially since I have a lot. I don't have a save for the sims packs either, so if I try to reinstall, they'll all be gone and I'd have wasted almost a week downloading CC. Any suggestions?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
It sounds like you've already done what has been suggested:

1. Move Mods folder to the desktop.
2. Clear the game cache
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401809.html#msg401809

If you haven't yet, try a new save to test. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content have become corrupt and need to be removed or maybe conflicting with each other.

Check the article linked below for help tracking down the problem mods/cc or
go to a dedicated mod site to ask about the issue. Like ModtheSims, or TSR

Finding Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything