Author Topic: I have two sims who will only be mean to each other  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Dashaque

• Nooboo
I have two sims who will only be mean to each other
« on: March 14, 2017, 03:56:05 AM »
Alright hope I'm doing this right.

I have two Sims who, granted, were enemies for the longest time... but I wanted them to be friends.  However, if I put a friendly "chat" or "tell a joke" or anything that isn't mean in their queue with one another, they'll walk up to the other as if they're about to do the action, but then the action drops.  They can do anything that's mean including fighting, yelling at, arguing or casting mean spells.  But if it's something that might result in a positive reaction, it drops and they don't do it.  They can be nice and do everything else with any other sim.

I tried resetting both sims and emptying their inventory but neither worked.  I also tried loading without custom content and again, still the problem.  I even tried using the cheatsenabled cheat to set them to both be friends to see if that would help but... still no.  Now they both went to college in University together, and when they went to the university campus, the problem seemed to be fixed.  Eventually they grew to sorta like each other.  I figured the problem was completely solved but when they got back home, the issue came back.   I thought maybe the problem was the town at this point, so I had the entire family move out to another town... and low and behold, problem solved.

However, I don't want to have to move them to another town.  They have all their jobs, their friends, their families, their everything in the one town.  Does anyone know what the problem might be and if there's a way to fix it?  I've been unable to find anyone else with this exact issue. 

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
Re: I have two sims who will only be mean to each other
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 04:08:17 AM »
Do you have the option to have one of them apologize to the other? It is under "friendly" interactions. That will at least get them on a "okay" social vibe, then you could try to use the chat or tell joke options.

The two sims might just need some space. Keep them away from each other for a while, then the relationship bar will eventually deplete, and end up back at acquaintence.

If you have the Supernatural expansion pack, you could have one of them either make a potent friendship elixir, or buy one from the consignment store. Have one of them throw the elixir at the other, and they will become instant best friends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dashaque

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 04:12:23 AM »
No, see  that's not the issue. 

Quote from: Me
I even tried using the cheatsenabled cheat to set them to both be friends to see if that would help but... still no. 

also

Now they both went to college in University together, and when they went to the university campus, the problem seemed to be fixed.  Eventually they grew to sorta like each other.

So while at university all the options worked, but when they came back home even though they liked each other (weren't BFFs or anything) they could still only do mean interactions... also:

I thought maybe the problem was the town at this point, so I had the entire family move out to another town... and low and behold, problem solved.

So a new town works fine... I just don't want to move them.

EDIT
just loaded up without University, and that also didn't fix the problem

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 09:34:49 AM »
Have you tried to save the Sims to the library and try them in a new game save as a test to see if it's just something within the game save?

How To: Save a Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

Create a New Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401813#msg401813

If that doesn't work, you might try doing a factory reset to see if that might help.

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Dashaque

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 03:51:01 AM »
Have you tried to save the Sims to the library and try them in a new game save as a test to see if it's just something within the game save?

How To: Save a Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

Create a New Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401813#msg401813

If that doesn't work, you might try doing a factory reset to see if that might help.

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

Factory reset didn't make a difference but the first thing you suggested seems to have worked.  I moved one of the two out into a new home, and did as you suggested... she lost all her relationships but I can forge those with master controller so it's fine.    Thanks a lot.  Sure was weird though

EDIT

Lol okay the family tree is a bit messed up now but whatever

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
Happy to hear it's somewhat fixed. You might (?) be able to fix the family tree with MasterController. But not exactly sure how. I'm not that familiar with MC.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything