Author Topic: Neighbourhood story progression  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
Neighbourhood story progression
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:13:16 PM »
In my game, I'm on my fourth generation. I currently have only Late Night and Supernatural installed. But I think it is updated as far as Into The Future.

My question is to do with the story progression feature. During the bit of a dynasty I have going, in the previous generations, I have had to move two female sims in. Then moved them right back out again, after the baby is born. All other sims around the neighbourhood seem to get into relationships (oddly enough, only get married after my gen III sim got married, he was the first to actually marry), but not the two sims that had to move out. I check on them from time to time, through the family tree. I think it would be nice to see that my sims have some possible half siblings. They don't seem to do anything. Both sims I've seen around town, but the family tree shows no relationships for them, or any job promotions. Or anything. They just seem to exist and age. Has my game got some kind of glitch I don't know about or something? Story progression and aging is on, I've never turned it off.

Offline Agathon

• Townie
Re: Neighbourhood story progression
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:11:38 AM »
Sims not getting into relationships or having kids used to be pretty much the norm in my game when I used EA's story progression. There would be some random relationships, and few babies, but the town population was steadily getting more geriatric. It seems EA story progression relies on immigration to keep the neighborhood populated, while original families tend to slowly die out.

I have no idea how story progression chooses sims for relationships and pregnancies, but perhaps the two women are less likely to get involved as they have already given birth?

Do the two women have the skill levels needed to advance in their careers? Skill-building seemed random to non-existent with my inactive sims, with most being stuck in low-level jobs.

Mods, such as Nraas story progression, can make relationships and pregnancies far more frequent, and can also make your neighborhood feel more alive in other respects. But it might cause lag and be a source of new frustrations, especially if its settings are not carefully calibrated.
Worlds Apart - Can Be Found Here

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »
One had the skills required to get at least halfway through the film career track. The other was working in business, so skills weren't really important there. I guess if it is the normal thing they won't advance, then I guess that doesn't matter so much.

I am playing currently in Bridgeport, if that makes a difference? I have had to move in the premade sims in the sim library, that have children just to get some new kids in. All my sims seem to meet right now are paper boys/girls and babysitters. Most of the preset sims have died of old age. Only ones left are premade vampires, or ones that have become them via story progression. I have all supernaturals turned off. Because my household is vampires, I didn't want to find the perfect sim, then have to bother with potent cure, then have to turn them. I want to make sure my sims are 100% vampires.

I don't use mods, so I guess I'll have to deal with it. Thanks for answering.

Offline Agathon

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:30:58 AM »
Bridgeport doesn't matter, its the same all over. There is supposed to be some chance of random job promotions/demotions, but I didn't see much of it.
Worlds Apart - Can Be Found Here

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 10:14:22 PM »
Nothing has happened about the careers, and that I can live with. The townie sims seem to have enough money to live on.

Something happened in my game, that seems to have worked. Maybe this could help other people facing the same problem as me. Using edit town, I moved one of the female sims back into my house, then moved in a single male sim who didn't seem to have much a of a life either. Had them marry and try for a baby. After the chime, I had them move back out normally, and chose a nice house for them, not using the kick out option. I waited a little while, and they had a baby. A little girl, who is just adorable. I left them alone, and now the couple has a son as well.

I haven't checked on any other sims around town, but something seems to be working. I will be trying this with the other female sim, to see if it is a fluke or not.

anything