Author Topic: Will this desktop run Sims 3 and all expansions?  (Read 3640 times)

Offline freshcauliflower

• Nooboo
Will this desktop run Sims 3 and all expansions?
« on: March 02, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »
Hey guys, need some help. Im wanting to buy a new gaming desktop in the next month or so and my hope is to be able to play Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs on it (I've only ever had cheap laptops that ran Sims very very slowly so I'm not sure what specs would be ideal).

http://www.ebuyer.com/760820-cyberpower-gaming-battalion-1050ti-ecc01748-ecc01748
this is the desktop I've been looking at and from what I've read it can play most new games at medium/high settings with no problem. But I know The Sims can be a bit tricky to run. :P

Can anybody weigh in and tell me whether this build would be good enough? Im not really looking to be able to play at max settings, just for the game to play without much lag or the freezing I used to experience on my old laptops. I really love this game and I'm dying to be able to play it properly for once  ;D

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Will this desktop run Sims 3 and all expansions?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:10:13 PM »
No, as the processor isn't really made for gaming.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but I did look a little at the site you linked to and found this one:

Cyberpower Gaming Warfare 1050Ti = £681.59
http://www.ebuyer.com/760823-cyberpower-gaming-warfare-1050ti-ecc01749

Intel Core i5 Quad Core 2.8GHz
    8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
    DVD Writer + WIFI
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
    Windows 10 Home
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline freshcauliflower

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:29:17 PM »
No, as the processor isn't really made for gaming.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but I did look a little at the site you linked to and found this one:

Cyberpower Gaming Warfare 1050Ti = £681.59
http://www.ebuyer.com/760823-cyberpower-gaming-warfare-1050ti-ecc01749

Intel Core i5 Quad Core 2.8GHz
    8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
    DVD Writer + WIFI
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
    Windows 10 Home

Hm, okay. Thanks for replying. I thought that processor would've been plenty good enough - glad I asked! I'm not really set on a budget but I was hoping it wouldnt cost too much, as it means I'd have to save up for longer  :P

That desktop looks a decent price, although I thought 2.8ghz wasnt that great? ???
What about building my own desktop? Would you recommend that instead? I've been told it could work out a bit cheaper and I could get a better system but I honestly am not very knowledgeable when it comes to what components are good or not so I would be pretty much clueless on what parts to pick! And I'm a wee bit worried about building one and it not working haha.

I don't really want to spend any more than £1000 (around $1200 I believe) on my whole setup, including a monitor.

What do you suggest?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »
A 2.8 is fine

Since it sounds like you're not real tech-savy, I wouldn't recommend it. However, you maybe able to search online for places that will build something for you. I don't live in the UK, so I can't recommend a site.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline freshcauliflower

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »
A 2.8 is fine

Since it sounds like you're not real tech-savy, I wouldn't recommend it. However, you maybe able to search online for places that will build something for you. I don't live in the UK, so I can't recommend a site.

Okay, well I'll keep looking around to see what I can find.

Thanks anyway! Appreciate you taking the time to respond  :D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
After asking around a bit, we did find this computer to consider:

Suggested computer from Scan UK
https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/custom-gaming-pc-amd-3xsgamer20a
- Core i5 7500 Quad 3.4 - 3.8 GHz processor
- 8 GB DDR4 memory,
- AMD RX 480 overclocked w/8 GB GDDR5
- 1 TB hdd
- 550w PSU

for $967.13 (UK Pounds) including shipping.

Offline hugeboote

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »
Hey guys, need some help. Im wanting to buy a new gaming desktop in the next month or so and my hope is to be able to play Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs on it (I've only ever had cheap laptops that ran Sims very very slowly so I'm not sure what specs would be ideal).

http://www.ebuyer.com/760820-cyberpower-gaming-battalion-1050ti-ecc01748-ecc01748
this is the desktop I've been looking at and from what I've read it can play most new games at medium/high settings with no problem. But I know The Sims can be a bit tricky to run.

Can anybody weigh in and tell me whether this build would be good enough? Im not really looking to be able to play at max settings, just for the game to play without much lag or the freezing I used to experience on my old laptops. I really love this game and I'm dying to be able to play it properly for once  ;D

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
I have all games for sims 3 and 4 and it works great on the desktop PC!  Make sure you have a good virtual card to hold everything.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything