Author Topic: Can I re-download pack from Origin when bought elsewhere?  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Can I re-download pack from Origin when bought elsewhere?
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:53:21 AM »
Hi,
I can finally buy some sims 4 packs, yay!
I am wondering if I should buy digital or physical.

- When I buy a digital pack somewhere and I register it at Origin, can I always re-download that pack again through Origin?
- Is it possible to make a backup of a digital download so you could still play the game if Origin stops? And to prevent needing extra time for downloading when reinstalling.

I couldn't find if this has been asked before. Please merge if that is the case and let me know.
Thanks so much. I hope to buy some today  :D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can I re-download pack from Origin when bought elsewhere?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »
Origin has been going the way of digital downloads with their games since about 2015. So it doesn't matter if you purchase it via "disc" or download. It will most likely be a box with a game code in it and can be downloaded from Origin. See this link (Sims 4 Content on Disc?) for more details.

You have to have an Origin account to open and play the game. The game and stuff packs will also need to be downloaded via Origin. The game and it's packs can be re-downloaded if needed.

Depending on where you purchased the base game and packs, (any other place than Origin) you will need to redeem each game code so it can be added to your Origin account.

Redeem Game Codes in Origin
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

You can make a backup of Sims 4 Install folder, and zip it up for later use. Here's the How-to:

How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 4 and 3 From Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21193.msg384770#msg384770

The information is still accurate or mostly accurate, the photos still need to be updated. Sorry about that.

If Origin stops working, you will need to uninstall/reinstall Origin. As it's needed to run Sims 4. You can download and save a copy of Origin in case that needs to be reinstalled.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything