Author Topic: Problem with Cakes  (Read 28459 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Problem with Cakes
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:17:12 PM »
When my Sim bakes a cake for a special occasion, like a birthday, the option to put candles on it isn't in the menu.  So, it remains a regular cake and the birthday Sim cannot blow out the candles.  I've tried making the cake before and during the party with the same results.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Problem with Cakes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
I've had this happen lately, too, and I think it's because someone on the lot already has "take a piece" in their queue. I've been able to solve it by canceling the action if it's one of my sims or if not, grabbing the cake and moving it somewhere inaccessible until the action drops from the sim's queue and then putting it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 11:49:53 PM »
My Sim is putting the cake straight into the refrigerator.  She doesn't even sit it down on a counter for anyone to do anything with it.  When I pull it out, she can't do anything with it.  She also grabs a serving of any meal as soon as she sits it down.  Sometimes she eats it if she's hungry, then sometimes she puts it in her inventory.  Odd bugs.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 02:09:38 AM »
I had the exact same problem. I put it back in the fridge, and told her to take it out again, and suddenly I could put candles on it.
So fiddle with moving it in and out of inventories, including telling your sim to do it, and it should fix itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:06:28 AM »
I have this problem 0f not being able to place birthday candles very often, too.
I move the cake from one surface to the next (dining table, counter, another counter, etc.) until the sim gets the option to light the candles.

Offline vancanuckfan86

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 06:58:14 AM »
I have also had this issue as of late. The one time I had to have another Sim on the lot bake a cake in order to add the wedding topper. Another time was during a birthday party and I couldn't add birthday cancels throughout the party even though my Sim baked multiple cakes. However, once they threw another party the problem resolved itself (I also restarted the game). I know that no one had taken a piece of the cake for either of these times.

Unfourtunately the issue seems to be really random in my game and it seems to be a different fix every time.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 04:42:54 PM »
I get the wedding cake topper issue all the time. I've basically stopped even trying to throw wedding parties as they always fail at that point.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
@Playalot

I've managed so far to avoid the failed wedding cake by (like in the case of my birthday cakes) moving the wedding cake to different surfaces until the sim can place the wedding topper.
Even with the wedding topper in place, however, when the bride or groom cuts the first piece, the partygoers cheer and toot horns as if it were a birthday cake.
The treating-bride/groom-like-a-birthday-sim cake issue has been happening in my games since the end of 2016, that is, post-City Living.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
@oshizu thanks. I've tried all that, including having another sim bake (many) more. It just cheeses me off so badly that I can't be bothered to even try anymore. lol I loath failing when it is due to the game glitching. Even bringing my sims pre-baked cake fails too as the couple can not take a slice. It is utterly frustrating for a micro-manger such as I!  >:(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 06:15:18 PM »
I think they automatically take a piece for a toddler, even if there aren't any toddlers in the house. But I thought they'd fixed that for cakes. If you have Dine Out, you can send your birthday Sim to a restaurant. The tables should have the option to get a cake on them (and if not, it's usually because there's a vase of flowers or something in the way, which you can move.)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »
I am having this problem too with my Rival Dynasty. It is preventing my heir from aging up. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I move the cake. I have tried repairing the game. I have also tried having the cake at different lots but the option to age him up isn't there due to the cake.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 03:43:14 AM »
I have had this issue and have managed to fix it myself.  :)

First, make sure there is nothing on the counter or table that you are trying to set the cake down on as this prevents the candle option from showing up, if counters aren't working then try a table.

Second, go into buy mode and grab the cake, if the square outlining the cake is yellow then your Sims won't be able to interact with it (I had this happen with other objects on counters such as ice cream makers, etc), so rotate it until the square outline is green then exit buy mode.

Now you should be able to place candles on your cake. :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 06:11:40 AM »
This was listed as fixed with the patch that just came out, so maybe it's fixed for everyone? 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 06:06:04 PM »
This was listed as fixed with the patch that just came out, so maybe it's fixed for everyone? 
Often bug fixes are not retroactive and so will only 'work' on new games started since the patch.

Offline Thesimmer123098

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 06:27:01 AM »
 >:( Same!! I cant put the cake on the table, my sim puts it straight away in the refrigerator and sometimes it doesn't this or not, but i don't get what to do.. :(