Author Topic: The Legacy of Doom  (Read 13415 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Legacy of Doom
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 05:10:35 AM »
Mara does indeed seem to be very much like her mother. Does 'fussy' count as gloomy?

The house continues to look amazing. I love the steampunk!
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 08:05:49 AM »
Congratulations on your first point :) :P

And here's wishing you a brave/daredevil Sim (or whatever the Sims 4 equivalent is) in the family soon.

Thank you! *hugs first point*

I loved the two shots of your house, first in daylight then the gloomier shot at night. What a fantastic house!
Congrats on your first point--the first of many more to come!

Well, the Dooms are certainly living up to their name! So many gloomy and/or sad shots! Except for Mara's Cheshire cat smile as she dominates her nanny...
The parting shot was too perfect! (Sorry about the new counters, though.)

Thanks on both counts!

They really are spectacularly moody sims, even Ali, who doesn’t have any traits that should make him gloomy. I think Mara may be secretly evil :D Poor nanny.

My favourite part of that screenshot is the part where Lorna and Ali have carefully placed Mara between themselves and the fire... ;D Clearly nobody told them about the importance of keeping the heir alive.

I love Mara's mysterious red hair. It's such a striking contrast to her muted skin and clothing. So perfect that she became fussy!

Ali and Mara are very cute together. I love the whole family weeping about the fire. What an entertaining bunch!

I like her hair too. I was hoping she’d inherit Lorna’s colouring, but I like the red hair much better.

Mara does indeed seem to be very much like her mother. Does 'fussy' count as gloomy?

The house continues to look amazing. I love the steampunk!

I think it probably doesn’t count as gloomy, just because it won’t stop her rolling the cheerful trait later. But she’s the default heir for now either way. And thank you!

With the flames safely out, the Dooms returned to their home, and replaced the burned counters in time for Ali to celebrate his adult birthday.

Mara’s birthday was approaching, too, and Ali took it upon himself to help her out with her last few skill points. I’m not sure how much she appreciated his choice of location, though....

Trying for a spare seemed like a wise idea ;)

Despite her parents’ best attempts to kill her, Mara became a Top-Notch Toddler. With five maxed skills, her contribution to the legacy score is now twice that of both her parents’ contributions combined. Slackers ;).

She had a day left of toddlerhood, and she spent it playing.

And soon, it was time for her first birthday cake.

She rolled the Creative trait (yay!), and Social Butterfly (gah!), and headed off to look for strangers to introduce herself to. Nothing odd or inappropriate about an unaccompanied small child sitting at a bar at night, obviously ??? ::)

Mara also needed a BFF; Ali volunteered.

Meanwhile, Lorna was getting pretty huge.

There’s something rather familiar about this scene...

Lorna headed straight for the delivery suite.

And, um, apparently Ali fancied a BLT. He ran straight to the break room to help himself, and refused to return to Lorna’s side. Git.

So Arron Doom entered the world with only his mother and the doctor to bear witness.

(It took Lorna’s pixels a few minutes to remember that they weren’t pregnant anymore. Her stomach shrunk back to normal eventually.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »
Ali took it upon himself to help her out with her last few skill points. I’m not sure how much she appreciated his choice of location, though....

They're such wonderful parents  :o.

And what on earth had that frying pan done to Mara?  That expression's worthy of her mother.

Nothing odd or inappropriate about an unaccompanied small child sitting at a bar at night, obviously ??? ::)

Only in Sims...  ::)

And, um, apparently Ali fancied a BLT. He ran straight to the break room to help himself, and refused to return to Lorna’s side. Git.

Well, obviously seeing his wife in labour the first time was far too stressful and he needed the BLT for moral support.

Yeah, he's a git.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »
I'm enjoying this -- very envious of your steampunk house, it's gorgeous. I consider "fussy" to be a precursor to the gloomy trait. Do you have to roll the trait, or can you choose it for the heir? And congrats to Mara for becoming a topnotch toddler!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 09:38:55 AM »
They're such wonderful parents  :o.

And what on earth had that frying pan done to Mara?  That expression's worthy of her mother.

Apparently she was playing with the pan. She's just very, very serious.

Aren’t they just?! I think Lorna’s slightly more competent than Ali, but that’s not saying much ;D

I'm enjoying this -- very envious of your steampunk house, it's gorgeous. I consider "fussy" to be a precursor to the gloomy trait. Do you have to roll the trait, or can you choose it for the heir? And congrats to Mara for becoming a topnotch toddler!

All traits, including toddler ones, have to be rolled for – I’m not expecting to get many gloomy heirs. The trait generator considers their parents’ traits though (I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both Lorna and Mara are Creative), so you never know.

And thank you for both the congrats on the house and on Mara’s topnotchness™ :D

Mara was introduced to her new brother. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Or, you know, not...

Lorna had her adult birthday.

Followed by Arron’s toddler birthday. Like Mara, he’s inherited Lorna’s eyes and skin tone; unlike Mara, he has black hair like both parents.

He rolled the Wild trait, and it really, really shows.

And he’s not so much gloomy as just plain stroppy.

With Ali’s Big Happy Family aspiration in mind, Lorna and Ali tried for one final baby to round off their household.

Lorna took a positive pregnancy test, and broke her news to Ali, who seemed less than thrilled.

Mara made herself one last child-aged friend, and completed Social Butterfly.

She moved onto Artistic Prodigy, as she already had decent Creativity skill from all the cloud-gazing she’d done.

We had a sudden run of maxed skills (piano for Ali, writing for Lorna, and creativity for Mara):

Mara finished off Artistic Prodigy and switched over to Whiz Kid, assisted, as ever, by her trusty sidekick, Ali. She already has the required A grade, so hopefully it should be fairly quick to knock out.

That stuck poor Lorna with attempting to train the Real Wild Child. It’s rather like parenting the Tasmanian devil, though: Arron gets bored and angry from anything involving sitting still (blocks, the dollshouse, flash cards, potty training...), and basically only likes running around. You can get him to skill for about half a sim-hour, and then he’s off. At least his movement skill is coming along nicely!

And then Lorna went into labour.

We all know what happens when you try for just one more baby, yes?

So. Welcome to...

Lola:

Devlin (who is a boy, whatever his wardrobe might suggest):

And Brennan.

This was supposed to be a nice, slow, peaceful game after the hectic dynasty. Oh well!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »
Triplets?  ::) :o.  Good luck dealing with them!

Arron sounds a real pain, although I found the streaking and playing in the toilet oddly adorable.

Also, I love that bonkers light fitting over Lorna and Ali's bed and Lorna's colourful suit.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 11:23:35 AM »
Awww, I missed congratulating the Watcher on Mara achieving top-notch toddler and on Aaron's arrival.
The Doom family is really zooming right along! How many extra points do toddlers add to the overall score?

Though Aaron is no doubt more fun to observe from here than to personally train, I really enjoyed all your shots of the stroppy Aaron. I've never played the Wild trait.

Congrats on all the skill-maxing! And I'm impressed that you didn't even use Jasmine Holiday's relationship boost for Social Butterfly (I haven't checked if she's allowed this time around).

Oh no, triplets! Quick! Hire a nanny! I have to say that toddlers really complicate the "Have/adopt 10 children in one generation" milestone...
I'm still very jealous--none of my watched sims have ever given birth to triplets!
Crossing my fingers that you eventually get your Gloomy child! (Are you using HillieE's Random Trait Generator or Pinstar's?)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 01:13:32 AM »
Wow, Tasmanian Devil Child + Triplets. Good luck! More like legacy of doomed to drive the watcher crazy?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 03:05:21 PM »
I swear! This game! Every time I've wanted just one more baby it spits out multiples! I don't even want to think about three toddlers at once. Oh, well, at least the Doom family is supposed to look gloomy at all times. :)
It's so great that both kids so far have inherited Lorna's skintone. Fingers crossed your luck holds out with the triplets. I guess you've got three more chances at a gloomy trait, so that's nice.
Arron's such a cutie! I loved his tantrum!
Lorna looks amazing in her career outfit. That beret suits her perfectly!
Congrats to the Dooms on their many achievements this chapter!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 08:50:34 PM »
Triplets! Should be exciting. It's been such a long time since I tried a legacy -- will you be able to move some of them out eventually?

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
Triplets?  ::) :o.  Good luck dealing with them!

Arron sounds a real pain, although I found the streaking and playing in the toilet oddly adorable.

Also, I love that bonkers light fitting over Lorna and Ali's bed and Lorna's colourful suit.

Arron’s extremely headache-inducing. Between him and trying to keep track of the triplets.... *rubs temples wearily *

Lorna’s suit is her Art Critic uniform. Not sure it’s very gloomy, but I like her beret :)

Awww, I missed congratulating the Watcher on Mara achieving top-notch toddler and on Aaron's arrival.
The Doom family is really zooming right along! How many extra points do toddlers add to the overall score?

Though Aaron is no doubt more fun to observe from her than to trait, I really enjoyed all your shots of the stroppy Aaron. I've never played the Wild trait.

Congrats on all the skill-maxing! And I'm impressed that you didn't even use Jasmine Holiday's relationship boost for Social Butterfly (I haven't checked if she's allowed this time around).

Oh no, triplets! Quick! Hire a nanny! I have to say that toddlers really complicate the "Have/adopt 10 children in one generation" milestone"...
I'm still very jealous--none of my watched sims have ever given birth to triplets!
Crossing my fingers that you eventually get your Gloomy child! (Are you using HillieE's Random Trait Generator or Pinstar's?)

The score is still capped at 101, but toddler skills count towards the total skills learned, so that bit is now much easier. But as you say, it really complicates the ‘Have 10 children’ milestone, so it probably balances out.

I might have used Jasmine Holiday if I’d thought of it! She must be around somewhere, but I haven’t seen her, so I forgot that was an option (although possibly not allowed in the legacy).

They’re my first watched triplets too. In fact, I don’t think I’ve even had any twins on Sims 4.

Oh, and I’m using Pinstar’s trait generator.

Wow, Tasmanian Devil Child + Triplets. Good luck! More like legacy of doomed to drive the watcher crazy?

Thanks! Yeah, this generation is little more painful than I was expecting!

I swear! This game! Every time I've wanted just one more baby it spits out multiples! I don't even want to think about three toddlers at once. Oh, well, at least the Doom family is supposed to look gloomy at all times. :)
It's so great that both kids so far have inherited Lorna's skintone. Fingers crossed your luck holds out with the triplets. I guess you've got three more chances at a gloomy trait, so that's nice.
Arron's such a cutie! I loved his tantrum!
Lorna looks amazing in her career outfit. That beret suits her perfectly!
Congrats to the Dooms on their many achievements this chapter!

Yep – the doom thing is turning out to be great. Whenever anything good happens, that’s fab for obvious reasons; but whenever bad stuff happens, that’s good too, because doomed!

Triplets! Should be exciting. It's been such a long time since I tried a legacy -- will you be able to move some of them out eventually?

Yes, I can move the kids out (except the heir, obviously) as soon as they reach teen – although they’ll probably stay longer, depending on what traits and aspirations they roll.

The triplets were soon toddlers. Lola, the oldest, rolled the Charmer trait, thank goodness. She has Ali’s eyes, Lorna’s skin tone, and mystery hair.

Devlin is a chip off the old block and rolled the Fussy trait. Nice of him to favour Ali, since the rest of the family look far more like Lorna.

The youngest, Brennan, is Inquisitive. He has glasses, because without them his portrait-panel picture looks too much like Arron’s and I kept clicking on the wrong toddler.

Arron maxed out all of his toddler skills on his birthday, with a lot of micromanagement and help from both parents, Mara, and poor, long-suffering Reiko-the-nanny. Whew!

His parents caked him up quick, and threw a party to celebrate the demise of the little brat’s wild trait, I mean, to celebrate their beloved son’s birthday.

He rolled the Gloomy trait, and becomes the likely next heir (being the firstborn, Mara could supplant him if she rolls the Gloomy trait later; the triplets never can). The current plan is probably to do the cadet thing with Mara, because, favouritism.

Very appropriately, the formerly-wild Arron rolled Rambunctious Scamp. Mara had just switched over to that aspiration too, so they went to the park to do the ‘play on a jungle gym while playful’ bit together.

The triplets are skilling quite quickly without much intervention – they like chatting to each other, often entertain themselves, and they love skilling with the ever-awesome Reiko, which makes them infinitely less of a headache than their big brother was.

Although painless or not, Lola and Devlin are still most definitely Dooms.

And even when she’s happy, Lola can be a little bit disconcerting. If I had the vampire game pack, she’d be a prime candidate for turning, because that 'smile' would be even better with fangs.

The only one who didn’t get the Doom Memo is Brennan. He’s happy full-time, bless him :D.

In non-toddlerspam news, the wild one became a Rambunctious Scamp in record time. Shocker.

He switched over to Artistic Prodigy. Arty stuff isn't really his cup of tea, but he’ll probably need to memorialise his spouse some day.

And finally, Mara aged up to teen. Notice how neither parent is anywhere in sight, but lovely Reiko is there to cheer? If she weren’t so useful as an NPC, I’d want to adopt her <3.

Mara rolled the Foodie trait, which synchronises nicely with her Creative trait – depending on her final trait, she’ll almost certainly find herself in the culinary career and knocking out a lot of the points from the Food scoring category. She got Fabulously Wealthy as her first aspiration.

Current state of the Dooms:

Lorna: Completed Painter extraordinaire; 3 bestsellers to go on Bestselling Author. Maxed painting, writing, guitar. L9 art critic.
Ali: Maxed piano, guitar, painting, L7 cooking, L6 violin. L9 of musician career. Has also earned a point in the Food category by autonomously eating enough homemade birthday cakes to get fat from the family’s cooking ::)
Mara: Maxed all toddler and child skills, plus violin and piano; L6 charisma. Completed all child aspirations.
Arron: Maxed all toddler skills, motor and creativity. Rambunctious Scamp done, and most of the way through Artistic Prodigy.
Triplets: 3 days off child. Lola’s maxed Communication; other skills are in progress.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 07:30:04 PM »
What a lovely family! You're doing a great job.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2017, 09:24:25 PM »
Rule #1 of simlit: Never apologize for toddler spam.

So the heir is (mostly) decided! That's exciting, though I'm glad to hear that Mara will be staying, regardless.

I should try this nanny thing at some point. I thought retired parents/grandparents would be more than enough, but they do appear to be rather useful, hey? Reiko seems lovely - so supportive of just about everyone. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 10:09:04 PM »
Oh cool, Arron rolled the Gloomy trait! And he looks appropriately gloomy as well.

I'm glad to see that your children are in such capable hands! (the hands of their Watcher and Reiko, I mean). (Reiko is my mother's name so I know that nanny must be awesome)
I love that Devlin looks so much like his father but with Lorna's eye color. He's such a little cutie!
Haha, toddlers make childhood feel like easy street!

Despite all the micro-managing that so many children must entail, the Dooms continue to do fabulously!
Congrats to the whole family, Watcher, and Reiko for the excellent progress!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »
Lorna’s suit is her Art Critic uniform. Not sure it’s very gloomy, but I like her beret.

I hope her job doesn’t involve visiting places incognito to review them  ;).

Mara’s birthday cake looks kind of poisonous on my monitor.  Either that or mouldy.  It’s nearly as disconcerting as Lola’s smile.

Congratulations on successfully raising Taz Arron.  The second generation of Dooms are turning out to be an interestingly varied lot.

anything