Author Topic: A copy of my sim showed up and is working at the night club?  (Read 6008 times)

Offline KaycieJones

• Nooboo
A copy of my sim showed up and is working at the night club?
« on: February 11, 2017, 02:38:56 AM »
Hello all!

I've tried finding more information about this issue some where on the internet and haven't come up with anything. I just started playing the game today, so I'm fairly new (I played the first sims, and sims 3 for a while, though), and I apologize if this has already been solved.

So anyway...

I started the game, saved it once, then went to the night club to meet new people (I missed the welcome wagon by mistake). Suddenly the bartender leaves, and in walks an exact copy of my sim (same original name and everything)! Apparently she works there, so she started serving the original sim drinks. *cue Twilight Zone music*

What exactly is going on and how do I fix it? I have no control over her at all. She's not playable, she doesn't live in my sim's house. She's just there...walking around...working at a night club...flirting with dudes, and so on. Any way around this, or should I just delete the game right now and start over?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: A copy of my sim showed up and is working at the night club?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 06:18:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :) This can happen if you go into CAS with cheats on in-game. I'm not sure how to stop it happening but it is easily fixed by deleting the extra sim from the Household Management menu. The 'extra' sim will be the one that is under the 'Not In World' tab.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:04:01 AM »
Question: if you save your Sim to the gallery, is there a possibility that having cheats enabled might allow a Sim to be "Randomized from the Gallery", then added as a townie?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 03:45:05 AM »
Posted by: CuriousSim
« on: Today at 03:04:01 AM » Insert QuoteQuestion: if you save your Sim to the gallery, is there a possibility that having cheats enabled might allow a Sim to be "Randomized from the Gallery", then added as a townie?

Possibly, I'm not sure. ??? One time I was playing and I quit my game right after making my Sims but before moving them into a house, when I returned, I found another copy of my Sims in Household Management and one of them was running around town. I don't remember if I saved or not or if I had left cheats turned on, the latter unlikely as it was a Legacy but I do forget to turn them off sometimes. Maybe that happened to you?

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 02:59:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  :) This can happen if you go into CAS with cheats on in-game. I'm not sure how to stop it happening but it is easily fixed by deleting the extra sim from the Household Management menu. The 'extra' sim will be the one that is under the 'Not In World' tab.

Happens even if you don't have cheats on before entering CAS, or when playing.

I get this all the time with my sims, no way to avoid it, the game just randomly generates a second copy of them.. a little annoying sure, but it's amusing.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 03:25:31 PM »
@Franki  so you get dopplegangers even without cheats? That's crazy! I always find it strange how different saved games of mine can have completely different glitches and bugs. In one of my saves going to a restaurant as a diner is a nightmare and takes easily up to 10 sims hours to complete a meal. In another the exact same restaurant works beautifully with no glitches at all.
I had a save where I had doubles of many of my sims but I had assumed that was due to using the casfulledit cheat a lot as that game was particularly cursed with extraordinarily ugly townies. I gave up in the end and just deleted it as I was spending most of my time editing sims!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 03:44:14 PM »
I've never had a game (yet) where doppelgangers of my sims appear as random townies.
It might be quite nice, actually, since none of my sims have that pear shape! *proceeds to jinx myself

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 03:03:16 PM »
 ;D oshizu you really just tempted fate there! lol

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
@Playalot  yup, it's just one of those random things, never know when one of my doppelgangers will show up... it's a little annoying at times but mostly amusing, especially if you go to a restaurant and are served by your doppelganger.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

anything