Author Topic: Chess Grand Master  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Chess Grand Master
« on: February 08, 2017, 10:29:28 PM »
I have a curios question. How many chess matches do you need to play to reach that rank? This is the first time that I've done this. I have to laugh though, at the skill journal stats saying the name of the highest ranked opponent that she beat. That sim has absoutely no logic or chess skill at all! LOL

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Chess Grand Master
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:55:29 PM »
I think it took 15-20 matches with Ayden Van Gould. Some of the opponents did have some logic skill, but I believe they are randomly picked to be honest. Probably just another case of 'it doesn't have to make sense in order to work' in The Sims.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:40:47 AM »
This seems correct, and I've had my opponents appear to be randomly selected regardless of logic skill (although the final opponent was Kanoa who had 9 logic) and sometimes I took on the same opponent in different ranks. When I was doing this with Rodney in Appaloosa, his newly-wed wife was one of his ranked opponents about rank 4 into the LTW, who had 5 Logic.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 11:51:00 PM »
I was just curious. My sim has played against others w/0 logic! lol A couple of the opponents died of old age on her lot even! There was one guy who was 104 and I put aging off while he was on the lot b/c I didn't want him dying there. She lost to him 4 times! So eventually, I just did't call him and let him die normally.