Author Topic: How CPU intensive this game is?  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Nothraven

• Nooboo
How CPU intensive this game is?
« on: February 03, 2017, 10:13:23 AM »
Short story: For a while I've been looking used PC for my fiance  that could run Sims 4 with best settings. Recently I found pretty good used pc for cheap, everything meets the recommended system specs expect the CPU. On game-debate.com it says that its performance is 88% from the needed 100%, so can anyone say how much it could affects to the actual game performance?

Specs:

Quad 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz
500gb, SSD 60gb
GTX 660 2gb
8gb ddr2
500w Chieftec

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: How CPU intensive this game is?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 12:13:17 AM »
Hi, Nothraven. Welcome to the forum! 8)

After checking out more information online and reading a few threads, we'd say the system should run the game okay. This video on YouTube shows the game at launch running on a similar setup. Note this video doesn't show the game running at highest settings - anti-aliasing is turned off, for example.

However, that being said, the video was taken in 2014 and there have been a number of patches and additions to the game since then. Long story short, the performance of the system you're looking at will likely not match the performance in the video. Also Orign has gone through a number of updates and increased system requirements over the past three years, so that will be a factor in how the system performs.

If you decide to purchase the system, we would recommend starting out with low to medium settings, then increasing to high settings and see if the performace drops too far. We would also recommend running the game primarily in 1280x720 (i.e. 720p) or 1366x768. From there, play with the individual settings to see how the game performs at higher settings and with higher resolutions to find the right balance of settings vs. resolution.

We do caution the CPU is, at the very least, 10 years old - you're looking at a system very near its end of life. Make sure the system has good ventilation due to heat generated by the processor and the graphics card. If you do purchase the system, keep that in mind as you save up for a better system in the very near future.

Hope this helps and happy Simming! :)

Flynn and MrsFlynn
Short story: For a while I've been looking used PC for my fiance  that could run Sims 4 with best settings. Recently I found pretty good used pc for cheap, everything meets the recommended system specs expect the CPU. On game-debate.com it says that its performance is 88% from the needed 100%, so can anyone say how much it could affects to the actual game performance?

Specs:

Quad 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz
500gb, SSD 60gb
GTX 660 2gb
8gb ddr2
500w Chieftec
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything