Author Topic: The sims 4 transferring files to new laptop from old laptop  (Read 5028 times)

Offline So-fro

• Nooboo
The sims 4 transferring files to new laptop from old laptop
« on: January 27, 2017, 04:57:43 AM »
I recently purchased a new laptop as my old one crashes and while I was waiting for the files from my old computer to be recovered and transferred from my old laptop, I started playing the game. I created the new family's in a different town to the ones on my old laptop so when I added the original ones in there wouldn't be a problem but when I click the file disk button and select load the old ones downloaded and the new ones were gone. When I select the new ones to download. The old ones disappear and then new ones returned. Can anyone help me or should I forget about the old families?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The sims 4 transferring files to new laptop from old laptop
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:11:48 AM »

How-To: Copy Sims 4 Game Saves or Folder to Another Computer
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg449653#msg449653

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:33:53 AM »
It sounds like you have already moved your original game save from your old computer to your new computer.

To me, it seems you have two different saves now. In order to get the new family into the save with your original family you would need to save the new family to your library. Back out to the main menu screen, load your original save, and use manage worlds to move your new family into your original save.

Offline So-fro

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »
It sounds like you have already moved your original game save from your old computer to your new computer.

To me, it seems you have two different saves now. In order to get the new family into the save with your original family you would need to save the new family to your library. Back out to the main menu screen, load your original save, and use manage worlds to move your new family into your original save.

I tried loading them with floppy disk already and when the original towns loaded, my new town disappeared then when I loaded my new families the original families (from old laptop disappeared again. All the new families I started on this computer were in a different town to the original ones as well

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 01:31:30 AM »
Sounds like you have two completely different games! Save both the families to your library, start another brand new game and download both the families into this new game.

To save the families you will need to go into your 'old world' save that family to your library, then go into your 'new world' and save that family... then start a brand new game and go from there.

This guide might help a bit too: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/how-to/make-a-sim.php

There also a lot of really great tips and links on this page of the guide: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.