Author Topic: Game is crashing and nothing is fixing it  (Read 1637 times)

Offline ShadowProve13

• Nooboo
Game is crashing and nothing is fixing it
« on: January 26, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »
I've had the Sims 4 for over a year now and it's always ran smoothly but after City Living was released it started to crash randomly; it can range from an hour, 20 minutes, 10 minutes and sometimes it crashes at the loading screen. I have done every solution I've managed to find which is supposed to help. My laptop meets the requirements, I've cleared the cache of both game and origin, I've tried repairing it, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game hundreds of times and have even left out the game packs and expansion packs but it still crashes with base game, I've done a clean boot and started a whole new vanilla game, taken out mods and cc, defragged my laptop, tried running it in different compatibility modes, turned off origin-in game, playing in 32bit, played in window mode.
None of these work and I don't want to spend $800+ for a new laptop just to play a game.
Does anyone know anything that could help because I'm at my wits end.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game is crashing and nothing is fixing it
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »
Check over the tips in this thread linked below to see if anything helps.

General Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg408903#msg408903

Also please let us know what your laptop specs are. This can help us better determine what's going on.

How To: Find System Specs - Windows 10, 8 and 7
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21030.msg383733#msg383733

What information we need is:

System Information:
------------------
System Manufacturer & System Model:
Processor:
Memory:
Operating System:
---------------
Display Devices:
---------------
Card name:
Manufacturer:
Chip type:

Display Memory:
Dedicated Memory:
Shared Memory:
Current Mode:
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything