Author Topic: A curiosity about some files  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Skysect

• Nooboo
A curiosity about some files
« on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »
Hi I have EADM/Disk and Origin versions of all expansions and The Sims 3 and my wife has Steam version . (She is only missing one DLC)

The Sims 3: Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats
https://steamdb.info/app/223591/info/

So she didn't want to bother with Origin and Origin DRM . Steam way to go for her , I don't want to bother with disks too :D Origin is for me . Luckily retail keys are working on Origin :)

And I tried to copy this DLC for her but here are the facts :

Steam version is 1.67 , Origin version is 1.69 .
With that they made some cleanups in files and some cosmetic changes in launcher .
Steam version have /Game/Bin folder under each expansion and stuff files . But now Origin missing those files . EADM/Disk version has same files too but they are different than Steam ones .
Without that folder , expansion seems working under Steam but on Launcher version number seems as 0.0.0.0 .

After I checked all those files I made a conclusion :

TS3SPXX.exe , TS3EPXX.exe , skuversion.txt , Sims3Launcher.exe , Sims3SPXXGDF.dll , Sims3EPXXGDF.dll , GraphicsRules.sgr in each expansion's Game\Bin folder are completely obsolete .
Even Default.ini is unnecessary but it's used by Launcher .

Notes :

I am not speaking about the files under base game folder . Those are still present in 1.67 Steam or 1.67 EADM/Disk version .
Those are only my knowledge . So that's why I decided to ask this on a tech heavy The Sims website . Please help to me . Am I right now ?
Or those files are critical for something ? Also if someone has Steam version of this DLC , could post their Default.ini ?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: A curiosity about some files
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »
Best guess is to try to install the disc version of Sweet Treats on your wife's computer to see if Sims 3 picks it up. Otherwise we don't know of any way to get it to work.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Skysect

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 05:18:55 PM »
It's already working . I am asking info about those files . They are doesn't seems functional to me .

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 05:33:59 PM »
Maybe they were needed at some point but now there aren't? We really don't know. Sorry about that.

You might be able to get more help by asking the question over at AHQ.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *