Author Topic: No cheat for b/b on common areas?  (Read 12250 times)

Offline CharliiiSim

• Nooboo
No cheat for b/b on common areas?
« on: January 18, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »
Hi!
So when I've been building on 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse, I was able to build freely around the elevator aswell
But now with the 888 Spire Apartments I can't do anything with the elevator lounge before entering the actual apartment. I've tried the freebuild-cheat.
Is there absolutely no way possible to be able to customize that part of the apartment? :(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: No cheat for b/b on common areas?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:36:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Penthouses are different lot types. On a penthouse lot you can build on the entire lot and change the external windows and doors and the position of the elevators etc.

On an Apartment Lot you can only edit the internal walls. You can not build in the common areas (around the elevator and other apartment doors) and you can not edit the windows or the external doors. The only exception being if your apartment lot as a balcony as you can edit external windows and doors there as technically they are inside the apartment boundaries. Any other type of modification is unable to occur. Even modders haven't been unable to unlock the external areas of apartments as they are part of the world (as such) and not really a building lot.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything