Author Topic: New laptop  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Jpenn1003

• Nooboo
New laptop
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:58:07 AM »
So I had an old laptop and it had about 2gb of ram and 350mb of hard drive space. Since the Sims 4 never had toddlers I refused to give up the Sims 2 because I wasn't a fan of three. but once toddlers were released for 4, I decided it was time to let go of Sims 2. The Sims 2 and the base game of 4 played great on this computer but once I added city living, 4 began playing horribly. (I am just equating that up to the fact that the computer was nearing was 7 years old and was in pretty rough shape, but I could be immensely wrong.) With that being said I am now buying a new computer. So at first I bought a 2gb ram and 32mb hard drive and downloaded just the base, but as soon as I started in on the expansion pack I ran out of space. I know what you're thinking...that it was absurd to think I was going anywhere with 32gigs....So now I am taking that one back and I  think I have found the one I want but I want to be sure that at least the base game, city living and maybe a stuff pack will fit, so can someone help me with the specs? They are as follows:

Windows 10 operating system
AMD A6-7310 accelerated processor
4GB system memory
500GB hard drive
AMD Radeon R4 graphics card

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: New laptop
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 01:18:00 AM »
This laptop isn't made for gaming. While the game might run okay on low settings, there are two things that are of concern. One is the lack of a dedicated video card. Two the processor is not adequate for running the game well. Also the clock speed is under recommended specs for the game. This can cause the system to over heat by stressing the processor when running demanding programs like Sims.

If you'd like to share with us your country and budget, we may be able to find something that could run the game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jpenn1003

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 02:35:57 AM »
I know it's quite impractical but something about $300.00 and the United states.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 02:23:47 PM »
Laptops in this price range aren't designed to play games like the Sims. Instead they are generally designed for light office and school work.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *