Author Topic: Since "toddler" update, my games won't save.  (Read 2774 times)

Offline kristypaolucci

• Nooboo
Since "toddler" update, my games won't save.
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:37:30 PM »
error codes pop up when i try to save my games now... they won't save.

i don't want to delete all of my mods because I've worked so hard hunting the internet for each piece of deco!! is there another way?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Since "toddler" update, my games won't save.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »
I don't know if there is any other way to test saving problems. It maybe that you have outdated mods/cc that haven't been updated since this new patch.

Every so often, we'll get a game patch just before a game, expansion pack or just because and will make game mods and custom content incompatible with the game and will no longer work with the game or cause issues with the game.

Try this if your game won't save:

1. Backup your Sims 4 folder to your desktop. *See note below*
C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Note: Making sure to back the Sims 4 folder ensures that nothing gets deleted. It will all be safe in the backup folder.

2. Move the Mods folder to the desktop for testing purposes. As they may have been broken or become outdated with each new game patch. See post linked below for more information.

Custom Content and Mods (Install/Remove/Organize/Fix)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23495.msg410220#msg410220

3. Try to save your game. If it saves, this may mean there is a conflict with a piece of CC or a mod. See link above for help with fixing the problem.

If the game is still not saving, see this post linked below for more tips:

Game Won't Save (Tips)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg464812#msg464812

----------
Reference Link:

Sims 4 Failed to Save
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/sims-4-failed-to-save/td-p/5821842
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:41:52 AM »
Keep in mind that a lot of content in the game is now tied in to toddlers. 

For example:

Couches and chairs now have interactions for toddlers.  If you have a CC sofa or chair from before this patch, it could be that the old CC you have doesn't work with toddlers.  This would cause game issues.  There are lots of other items in the same boat.  Even toilets now have a toddler interaction on them.

I remember in Sims 3 that when the pet expansion came out, a LOT of CC had to be adjusted due to the added interactions for the pets.  So while CC and mods can be great and fun, when something like this is released, it throws a spanner in the works.

My advice is if you're going to do a lot of CC/mods, make sure and use a program to organize it all.  Like TS4 Mod Manager.  It allows you to set up categories to organize your CC/mods.  Then set categories by the author's name so that when stuff like this happens, you know where to find the updated items.  And when that author has their items updated, you can download the updated item and turn it back on in TS4 Mod Manager.  There's probably other programs that do similar as well.  Oh, and if you're like me and sometimes a bit forgetful, you could set up a text document which lists the category names with a link to their respective sites. 

This makes me realize how much work EA has to go through when releasing a patch like this.  We don't always appreciated that with the majority of cases, all the EA items function perfectly with the patch.

Like I said, CC and mods add a lot to the game and can make it even more fun.  However, going that route requires some planning and upkeep on your part to make patching times as painless as possible.  Happy simming!

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 04:58:31 PM »
@kristypaolucci,

If you have another hard drive make a mods folder in that other Harddrive & then in C:\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods then copy all your Mods for that folder except for Resource.cfg and paste em in the new folder you made in the other harddrive. Then try and see if you can't save your game if you can then MrsFlynn is right maybe one of your mods don't work due to the update

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:56:34 PM »
Yep, hesitant to keep harping on but 99% of the 'problems' I'm seeing reported are mod or cc related. The toddler patch was a huge coding update and many, many mods and cc has been rendered out-dated/broken by it.

The only way to test is to remove your mods and cc. Then hopefully you have an organized system so it should only take you 20 mins or so to figure out what needs updating. Most current modders have been very quick to update their mods.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline hugeboote

• Nooboo
Re: Since &quot;toddler&quot; update, my games won't save.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »
Simply turn the mods off. You don't have to delete them. Go into your options and click the 1 or 2 mods switches you have. Mods mess my game play up as well.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »
You don't have to delete them but you do need to remove them from your mods folder. I just place mine in a temp folder on my desk top. You also need to delete the localthumbcache.package file too after removing your mods completely from your game.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything