Author Topic: Origin EP Install Help/Broken? - Unknown error occurred  (Read 4289 times)

Offline evicmax

• Nooboo
Origin EP Install Help/Broken? - Unknown error occurred
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:59:43 PM »
I recently got a new laptop (Mac) and am trying to download/install my Sims 3 games from Origin that I had on my old laptop onto this new one. I can successfully download the base game, but when I install any EPs, I try to open the launcher and I get a message that says "unknown error occurred". I'm thinking that this issue might be related to updates; when I open the base game launcher (no EPs, since those break the launcher), the game needs an update. More importantly, when I am installing the EPs, I get a message saying "the Sims 3 version installed is more recent than expected. Sims 3 EP could be incompatible. Make sure you get all updates before playing."

So, any ideas how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin EP Install Help/Broken? - Unknown error occurred
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:55:28 AM »
This is a known error among Mac users. See the link below for tips to try to fix or work-around the problem.

'Unknown Error' issue in Sims 3 in El Capitan/Sierra macOS
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unknown-Error-issue-in-Sims-3-in-El-Capitan-Sierra/td-p/5725514
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Origin EP Install Help/Broken? - Unknown error occurred
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:24:31 AM »
More importantly, when I am installing the EPs, I get a message saying "the Sims 3 version installed is more recent than expected. Sims 3 EP could be incompatible. Make sure you get all updates before playing."
It's just a normal warning message. If the game is correctly patched after, you don't need to worry about it.