Author Topic: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Pipps Week 1  (Read 10942 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Peregrine, Week 1
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
D'oh! Foiled by the game settings! Oh, well. I look forward to Round II! Tenacity for the win! And I'm very glad you're using the same founders.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: The Relaunch
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 12:48:26 PM »
As hopefully all of you have seen by now, I neglected to set up the gameplay options correctly and ruined my first attempt at this dynasty (which I discovered most of the way through week three).  Therefore, here is the relaunch!

Pippin:  So, we start in with the same group of founders.

Waldorf:  Do you think he'll actually get past the first three weeks this time?
Gaivan:  Doubtful.
Plipnorp:  I'm a real boy!
Pippin:  And with that vote of confidence, we redo the first day.

Pippin:  Here's Waldorf's tiny but efficient home the initial construction on Waldorf estates.
Wldorf:  Ah, you're learning.  That's good.  Let's go find my wife.
Pippin:  We randomly pop over to the Rattlesnake Juice Bar and who do we find?

Waldorf:  Hello!  I think we may be soul mates.
Candy:  May be?  Oh ye of little faith.
Pippin:  I'm so happy right now.  So very, very happy.  And look who else wanders by the Rattlesnake.

Waldorf:  Good day, ma'am.
Nancy:  Hey there, you green-haired hunk!
Waldorf:  Please stop calling me that.
Pippin:  And now let's check in on Gaivan.

Gaivan:  You made me a hallway kitchen?
Pippin:  I thought I'd try something different.  Now go find a spouse.

Pippin:  Oh, she's lovely.  Married, but lovely.
Gaivan:  Many Sims before me have broken up marriages for the sake of dynasties.  She's definitely an option.

Pippin:  Katrina Caliente.  I do love that red hair.
Gaivan:  She's on the list.

Pippin:  And we move on and run into Waldorf while meeting more prospects.
Waldorf:  Candy is so beautiful!
Pippin:  It's true.  Gaivan, is Miku an option?
Gaivan:  Eh, she's such a storng character in the Mori Legacy, I don't know.
Pippin:  Valid point.  But the other gal, while married, is rather lovely.
Gaivan:  Why am I a potential homewrecker?  Waldorf doesn't have to be a homewrecker?
Waldorf:  I miss Candy already.
Pippin:  And after most of the social crew clears out or heads to the bar,

Pippin:  our favorite married barista shows up.  Maybe they're destined to be together?  Anyway, let's check in on Plipnorp.

Plinorp:  Do you know why my house is so tall?
Pippin:  To hide the rocket in your back yard?

Plinorp:  Nope!  It's to...oh.  Yes.  Yes that.
Pippin:  I suppose you're going to work on your rocket now?
Plipnorp:  Are you psychic?  Wait!  There's a neighbor!  I''m going to go say hi!
Pippin:  Disguise.
Plipnorp:  Right!

Plipnorp:  Hello!  I'm Plip...Phillip!  Phillip the regular Sim like you.
Lily:  Regular Sims are beneath me.  You, however, do not strike me as regular.
Plipnorp Phillip:  I'm building a rocket ship in my back yard!
Pippin:  Why do you have a tall house to hide it if you just announce it to everyone?
Lily:  So, you're creating a way to get away from these inane fools?  I'm intrigued.

Plipnorp Phillip:  You're the best. Lily!
Lily:  It's true.  I am.
Plipnorp Phillip:  (whispering to Pippin)  She's perfect!  I'm going to marry her!
Pippin:  (not bothering to whisper since he's a Watcher and non-dynasty household Sims can't hear him) I bet her husband will be quite perturbed by that.
Plipnorp Phillip:  (still whispering) I'm sure he'll be fine with it and he'll want to become my best friend!
Pippin:  You realize she's not an alien?
Plipnorp Phillip:  Deep down, I'm sure she is!
Pippin:  (sigh) We'll just wait and see, okay?
Plinorp Phillip:  (whispering one more time) Deal!

Pippin:  And with that, we relaunch the Newcrest Noobs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: The Relaunch
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
Poor Plipnorp! He has to marry an alien, and Lily Fong isn't. But they can still be friends (and rocket-builders). Glad that things are working out for Waldorf, though.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
Haha, the rushed relaunch and general feeling of "yes, we just did all this" is too funny.  I like your writing style.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »
Yes! Waldorf and Candy--it is meant to be! I'm glad he immediately found her again!

Poor Gaivan! Maybe she is unhappily married and he would be doing her a favor?

Lol, to Plipnorp, everyone he fancies is a alien "deep down." He's adorably clueless.

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »
Oh my, you really do have bad luck with these!
Oh, Candy and Wardolf Waldorf (I just figured out that I got that wrong last time... ::)) Are still adorable. <3 <3 <3

Don't worry Plipnorp. I'm sure Lily's an alien deep down.
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 07:22:41 PM »
Poor Plipnorp! He has to marry an alien, and Lily Fong isn't. But they can still be friends (and rocket-builders). Glad that things are working out for Waldorf, though.
Yeah, poor Plipnorp.  My first run through, the only other alien in town was a young adult male.  Glad I'm going for a second take  ;=)

Yes! Waldorf and Candy--it is meant to be! I'm glad he immediately found her again!

Poor Gaivan! Maybe she is unhappily married and he would be doing her a favor?

Lol, to Plipnorp, everyone he fancies is a alien "deep down." He's adorably clueless.

Yeah, I enjoy my silly founders.  And I'm so glad Candy showed up right away!!  They're so adorable together!

Haha, the rushed relaunch and general feeling of "yes, we just did all this" is too funny.  I like your writing style.
Thanks!  I tend to be a bit sarcastic about things, so it seemed fitting for the relaunch to be sarcastic as well  :=)  Glad you're enjoying the style.

Oh my, you really do have bad luck with these!
Oh, Candy and Wardolf Waldorf (I just figured out that I got that wrong last time... ::)) Are still adorable. <3 <3 <3

Don't worry Plipnorp. I'm sure Lily's an alien deep down.
Yeah, I'm notoriously bad at dynasties.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this time around I'll have success!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Peregrine Week 1
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »

Pippin:  And we head into week one at Waldorf Estates...and find that it looks a lot like the last week one at Waldorf estates.

Waldorf:  Umm, so here's a picture of me in my bathing suit, but I'm not sure why that...
Nancy:  Yep!  We're moving in!  Geoffrey!  Pack our bags!
Waldorf:  Umm, thanks?
Pippin:  And immediately after moving in his bank account the Landgraabs, Waldorf meets the most special and wonderful Sim in his life.

Waldorf:  You know, it's odd, but when we first met, I felt somehow like I already knew you.
Candy:  Umm, duh.  We were married the first time your Watcher tried this dynasty.
Pippin:  Candy gets me.  She really gets me.

Pippin:  And some friendly socials and cloudgazing to get the "ask to move in option" (and set us up to "become best friends" later), and then...

Pippin:  she joins him here...along with dear, sweet Yuki.
Yuki:  I believe you mean "paint slave" Yuki. but whatevs.

Pippin:  They work on the soulmate aspiration with some home dates (boosting club points for Club Barony) and Candy spends time looking adorable.

Pippin: Eventually, we get to this point...

Pippin:  Hmmm, what should they do next?

Pippin:  Yes.  That seems about right.  Meantime, the house as a whole suits everyone's needs quite well.

Yuki:  Okay, I guess this makes up for you making me into a paint slave.
Pippin:  See?  I'm a kind and generous Watcher.  Now shouldn't you be painting?

Nancy:  So, you're married.  I'm married.  We have so much in common.  Maybe we should get to know each other better, you green-haired dreamboat.
Waldorf:  Please stop calling me that.
Pippin:  But Nancy wasn't the only one who wanted to do some extra-marital friendmaking.

Geoffrey:  Hi, Summer!  I have to perform friendly interactions to enhance my job performance.  How was your day?
Summer:  Good, thanks.  Though I had to deal with people making jokes about my name again.
Geoffrey:  What's wrong with the name Summer?
Summer:  My name's Summer Holiday.
Geoffrey:  (laughs)  I mean, that's not so bad (tries to stop laughing).

Pippin:  Oh, Waldorf and Candy were successful, by the way, and two potential rooms are prepared for the baby.

Candy:  If the baby doesn't get this room, my sweetiekins and I are taking over this one!

Malcolm:  I wish I actually got to be in this update.

Yuki:  Well, Malcolm, your main job is to clean things and fix things, so I wouldn't bank on getting face time.
Malcolm:  Nice pep talk, Yuki.  Thanks.
Yuki:  Sure thing.  Well, guess I need to go paint again.

Pippin:  That's my girl!  Don't worry, your early artwork will help decorate the room of your nephew or niece.
Yuki:  That's so reassuring.
Pippin:  Speaking of the nephew or niece...

Pippin:  This is Haven.  She's the heiress.  In the background is her twin sister, Sansa.
Candy:  You were watching Game of Thrones while you were playing, weren't you?
Pippin:  ...maybe...meantime, Waldorf was busy working on skilling up his mixology to help ensure rapid promotions.

Waldorf:  You know you just really wanted to show off how cool the jazz posters are as a background for the bar area.
Pippin:  ...maybe...and Candy keeps working on her violin skill.

Pippin:  But they each found plenty of time for the twins, as did the rest of the household.

Malcolm:  I'm actually getting face time!
Yuki:  Malcolm, the toilet's broken again!
Malcolm:  (sigh) Coming...

Pippin:  And as we end week one for the Peregrine household, both the Soulmate and Mansion Baron aspirations have been achieved and Waldorf has alreadu purchased the Carefree and Connections rewards as well as reaching level 4 of the culinary (mixology) career.  He also has constructed the museum in the form of the pool house at Waldorf Estates.  No parties yet.  That is waiting for week two.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Peregrine Week 1
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »
Incredibly, this version is even funnier than your first story.
I love how you as Pippin interact with your sims. And I'm so glad Waldorf and Candy found each other again.

How funny that, even though Yuki and Malcolm are both teenagers, Yuki has managed to transform the evil Malcolm into her minion.
And wow, twin girls! You know, when the parent sims have non-standard hair color, the children often grow up to become redheads. Just saying.

Great restart! Looking forward to hearing about what's going on with Gaivin and Plipnorp.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 12:23:15 AM »
Ah, good! Everything is as it should be. Waldorf and Candy are adorable. Nancy is on the prowl. Yuki is painting, and Malcolm is . . . overlooked. Sorry, dude. You're evil and awkward. Fixing the plumbing is the perfect role for you. :)

Congrats on the twins! I can't wait to see which parent they look like!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 10:14:58 PM »
Incredibly, this version is even funnier than your first story.
I love how you as Pippin interact with your sims. And I'm so glad Waldorf and Candy found each other again.

How funny that, even though Yuki and Malcolm are both teenagers, Yuki has managed to transform the evil Malcolm into her minion.
And wow, twin girls! You know, when the parent sims have non-standard hair color, the children often grow up to become redheads. Just saying.

Great restart! Looking forward to hearing about what's going on with Gaivin and Plipnorp.
Thank you!  Glad you're enjoying the story  :=)
Yuki just strikes me as being sassy and in charge.  Glad you're enjoying her  :=)
I can't wait to see the twins get older!!!

Ah, good! Everything is as it should be. Waldorf and Candy are adorable. Nancy is on the prowl. Yuki is painting, and Malcolm is . . . overlooked. Sorry, dude. You're evil and awkward. Fixing the plumbing is the perfect role for you. :)

Congrats on the twins! I can't wait to see which parent they look like!
Waldorf and Candy are beautifully wonderful together!
Glad you approve of Malcolm's defined role in the household.  Seemed fitting for him  ;=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Took Week 1
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »
Pippin:  After a week of allowing Gaivan to do his own thing, it's back to active involvement.  Let's see, your romantic interests are...nobody.

Gaivan:  I do love this yogurt, though.
Pippin:  Well, Janie Pence, the married barista, seems like the best option so far.
Gaivan:  She's my friend.  I'd kind of rather not be what ruins her marriage.
Pippin:  Okay, you have two days to find a better option.  If you don't, I'm pushing you that direction.
Gaivan:  (Sigh) Deal.
Pippin:  Okay, let's begin the search at Planet Honey Pop...or whatever it's called...

Pippin:  Hey look, Janie's here!
Gaivan:  Back off, Pippin.
Pippin:  Just sayin'.

Pippin:  A trash-digging raccoon!  I'm sure she's lovely and would make a good provider.
Gaivan:  I think you're enjoying this too much.
Pippin:  (Feigns innocence) Who?  Me?  Never!

Pippin:  She's lovely!
Gaivan:  And also married.  I think I'll go visit my friend Katrina.

Pippin:  And her sister Nina!
Gaivan:  I was visiting Katrina.
Pippin:  But I just adore Nina!  And Nina invites Gaivan out the next day.
Gaivan:  And never shows up.
Pippin:  But you know where she works.  Go get her, tiger!
Gaivan:  So not sure she's the one...
Pippin:  But she's not there either.

Gaivan:  Jade Rosa!
Pippin:  Didn't you marry her in my first run of this?
Gaivan:  She's my soul mate!

Pippin:  And a very good dancer.  Maybe you should dance and flirt?  See where it goes?

Pippin:  Oh.  It goes to the coatroom.  Try for baby.  That works.  I'll tell Janie to call off the wedding.
Gaivan:  Sorry, what?
Pippin:  Nothing (Janie weeping in the background).  And after adding all of Partyhaus to the Took household, there's plenty of money (and free labor) to open Gaivan's store, Gnome More!

Gaivan:  Your puns are terrible.
Pippin:  Thank you!  And all five of them simply live at the store.

Pippin:  Everyone helps out at the store...

Pippin:  except for those moments when Gaivan and Jade are going on dates to complete the Soulmates aspiration.

Pippin:  And this scene is from when they got married immediately after a date in which they completed becoming best friends.
Gaivan:  I love you!
Jade:  That's because you have great taste, Mr. Rosa.
Gaivan:  Thank you, Mrs. Took.
Pippin:  And it also happened to be alien night at the Rattlesnake Juice Bar (and wedding hall), so we invited Plipnorp Philip over.

Plipnorp Phillip:  Hello, ladies!  I'm a regular Sim just like you!  Would you like to join my club, Totally Not Aliens?
Ladies:  Of course!  We're also regular Sims.
Plipnorp Phillip:  I can tell!
Pippin:  And so, Gaivan and Jade find love, Plipnorp Phillip finds potential mates, and Eva and Paolo find each other...or at least find each other more intriguing.

Paolo:  I have commitment issues.
Eva:  I know.
Paolo:  I'd like to have commitment issues with you.
Eva:  You're not good at sweet talking, are you?
Paolo:  Oh.  Is it obvious?
Eva:  No, I'm just very observant.  You should probably kiss me now.
Paolo:  Okay.

Annabeth:  Aww, aren't they cute?
Marcus:  Sorry, what?  I was distracted by how gorgeous you are.
Annabeth:  Oh my!  Aren't you such a flatterer?  My husband never sweet talks me like that.  He barely seems to notice me, really.
Marcus:  Then he is blind and a fool!

Pippin:  Well.  That escalated quickly.
Gaivan:  Well, Jade, since you've given up so much of the dancing at clubs that I know you love, I got you a jukebox for the house so you can dance while I cook.  You are my muse, after all.

Jade:  You're so sweet and thoughtful!
Pippin:  I think you just like watching her sway her hips.
Gaivan:  You're the one taking the pictures, creeper.
Pippin:  Hey!  I'm a watcher!  It's my job!  My interest is purely professional!
Gaivan:  Whatever lets you sleep at night.
Pippin:  Wait...how's Jade thin again?  Wasn't she like this?

Gaivan:  Well, she was, but we went to the hospital and brought in our little bundle of joy.

Pippin:  It's a girl!
Gaivan:  I named her Rosa in honor of my beloved.
Jade:  You're a sweetheart!
Pippin:  So, a sweet baby girl joins our household.  Hmm, speaking of babies...

Marcus:  I'm so glad we're going to have a baby, Anabeth!
Annabeth:  Me too!  My husband doesn't seem all that thrilled though...
Eva:  We're having a baby, Paulo!
Paulo:  Uhhh....I...baby...we're...I need to use the bathroom...
Jade:  Well, not every couple can be as happy and adorable as we are.

Gaivan:  Truer words have never been spoken.
Pippin:  So, with week one finished, Gaivan has reached level 5 of the culinary career (going for chef, not mixologist), and Gnome More has the sure sale and serious shopper rewards and is already worth over $100,000. 

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2017, 10:46:56 PM »
Nice work, Gaivan!
I just figured out why I like Gaivan so much. He reminds me of Steve Martin in Roxane, that movie where he's the Cyrano de Bergerac character with the super long nose. I realize I'm aging myself here, but I was very excited!
He and Jade are a match made in heaven. Welcome baby Rose!
Philip/Plipnorp continues to crack me up. Totally Not Aliens. Great club name. Very inconspicuous!
I don't know what Paolo is (not) wearing in that picture, but Eva seems to be observing it very closely.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2017, 11:15:05 PM »
Ah yes the struggles of making retail interesting :P But at least you moved in the whole household, that's always a good strategy for getting additional money and support for a store. Seems like there are going to be a lot of babies running around soon, good luck!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 12:47:28 AM »
Dang, the Took Crew is just trucking through the retail bloodline requirements!

Janie seemed to be stalking Galvan for a while.
Jade Rosa makes an excellent spouse--her children are lovely as long as you switch out her skinny eyebrows, hehe.
Initially, I'd just assumed that Galvan was the shy and quiet type, but he sure got Jade into the closet quickly.  o.O

I love how you're writing Plipnorp/Philip as the alien in denial, haha. I'm glad he's discovered Aliens' Night and hope he soon finds someone to share his secret life. XD

anything