Author Topic: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Pipps Week 1  (Read 10939 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
Reserved for stats

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Meet the Noobs
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
As the call to arms sounded, three majestic champions rose to the challenge.  Full of honor, pride, and courage, they strode confidently to the forefront to overwhelm all obstacles which would dare to stand in their way, and no doubt, in the end they would stand victorious!

Pippin:  Yes.  It would be nice if I had heroes like that for this challenge.  Instead, I get these ridiculous fellows.  First off, we have our mansion baron bloodline founded by Waldorf Peregrine.

Waldorf:  I am ready to face the long, hard struggle of living in opulence, marrying someone beautiful and charming, having my name forever carved into the digital wall of the Hall of Fame, and achieving immortality through being in an unplayed household.
Pippin:  So nice of you to make such a sacrifice.  Next, we have our retail bloodline founder, Gaivan Took.  Who nose knows what will happen with him?

Gavian:  Funny.  Like I haven't heard that one before.
Pippin:  You literally just came out of CAS, I'm positive you've never heard that one before.
Gavian:  Way to flesh out the story, Pippin.
Pippin:  Anyway, our final founder is heading up the alien bloodline, Plipnorp Pipps.

Plipnorp:  Look!  I'm a normal Sim just like you and totally not an alien!
Pippin:  You are so not ever going to fool anyone ever.

Pippin:  Per the rules for starting this type of dynasty, the first day is basically split amongst the founders to get jobs and build their homes.  I'm skipping the getting jobs part until they have each gotten enough points for the connections reward so they can start their jobs at a higher level.  First off, let's see how Waldorf's 5 hours and 20 minutes went (because if you take the amount of time available in the 8AM-midnight span of the first day, that's how it evenly divides, or to put it more succinctly, because math).

Pippin:  Here is Waldorf's very modest and efficient starter home.
Waldorf:  I believe you mean, "Here is the initial construction progress on Waldorf Estates.
Pippin:  Okay, let's go with that.  Anyway, Waldorf heads off to Oasis Springs to the Rattlesnake Juice Bar.

Pippin:  Good job, champ!  You found a redhead right away!  Marry her now!
Waldorf:  So, Angela, you say your husband's name is Aaron and that you two have a lovely youngster, huh?  Well, I must be moving along now.
Pippin:  Well, I'm still sure you and her hair would have made lovely nooboos (pouts).
Waldorf:  I'll check out the scenery inside.

Pippin:  Siobhan's pretty and has an awesome Irish name.
Waldorf:  Indeed.  Not sure if I feel the spark, though.

Pippin:  If Candy could look away from the TV long enough to acknowledge you, she might be a good option.

Pippin:  Ooooo!  Izumi and her hair are single!  And with no children!  Marry her and her hair right now!
Waldorf:  Well, there seem to be several great spousal and social options here.  Let's gather lots of people together to chat in a logical and safe spot to chat.

Waldorf:  So, pretty light traffic today, eh, ladies?

Driver of the Car:  (honk) Get out of the way!!  (honk honk)
Angela:  You realize this isn't actually safe, right?
Candy:  I can respect a risk-taker.

Pippin:  Ah, yes.  Cloudgazing in the street.  Always a good plan.  So, is Candy the one?
Waldorf:  Maybe.  Oh, who's this?

Angelica:  I'm lovely, and these are my abs.
Waldorf:  Ooooo.  Abs.

Elaine:  And this is my beautiful face.
Waldorf:  Oooooo.  Face.
Pippin:  And we leave Waldorf to his confusion and head off to check in on Gaivan.

Pippin:  Again, an efficient set-up.
Gaivan:  Well, once the store is bought and built, I'll be spending most of my time living there.
Pippin:  True.  Gaivan heads off to Windenberg to begin his search for a spouse.

Gaivan:  A coffee shop. Surely I'll find a number of lovely ladies here.
Pippin:  Yes.  Or coffee.  Either way is a win!

Gaivan:  Hello, lovely barrista!  Are you married?
Alice:  Well, as my hyphenated last name should have suggested, yes I am.
Gavivan:  I'll rephrase that:  are you happily married?
Alice:  Hehe, you are a persistent one, aren't you?
Gaivan:  It's one of my many virtues.

Gaivan:  Well, hello you lovely red-haired minx you!
Pippin:  Sorry, Gaivan, she's already married and has at least one child.
Gaivan:  Okay, and?
Pippin:  Umm, that should be a deal breaker?
Gaivan:  Eh, break up the marriage, move in the whole family and have extra workers for the store.  Win-win.
Pippin:  Not sure you know what "win-win" means.
Gaivan:  Time to hit a dance club!

Gaivan:  Well, you just might be the most beautiful girl...in this general vicinity.
Jade:  Nice!  You know, I like a guy with a sense of humor. 
Gaivan:  Well, if I find one, I'll let you know.
Jade:  You are hilarious!  You should come meet my roommate, Eva.
Gaivan:  Sounds like a plan!

Gaivan:  Ah, the famous Eva, even lovelier than I'd imagined.
Eva:  Oh, aren't you just a charmer?

Gaivan:  So, ladies, are you familiar with the concept of a primary and secondary spouse?
Pippin:  No!  That's a legacy thing.  This is a dynasty.  Not part of this challenge!
Gaivan:  Also not against the rules of this challenge, Pippin.
Pippin:  Yes, but...ummm...that is...
Jade:  Who's this "Pippin" character?
Gaivan:  My Watcher.
Eva:  And he's in favor of this primary and secondary spouse thing?
Pippin:  No!
Gaivan:  He says he most certainly is.
Pippin:  No!  Don't believe him because he's just manipulating things since he knows you can't hear me and...oh, that's right, you can't hear me.  And with that, we move on to check on Plipnorp and his horrendous attempts to pass as "normal."

Plipnorp:  Look!  It's my very normal Simhouse!
Pippin:  That is actually fairly normal looking, though the roof does seem a bit high?
Plipnorp:  It's to help hide the rocket in my back yard!

Plipnorp:  See?  Now no one will catch on to what I'm doing!
Pippin:  Oh.  Yeah.  I'm not sure that will work.  You know, a Sim wlaking by, like that one over there...
Plipnorp:  A neighbor?!?!?   I'm going to go say hello like a normal Sim who's totally not an alien!
Pippin:  Umm, aren't you forgetting something?
Plipnorp:  What?  Am I supposed to bring her flowers?
Pippin:  Flowers?  No.  Your disguise!  Put on your disguise!
Plipnorp: Oh!  Right!  And it's totally believable, because I'm wearing a hat!

Pippin:  And he's blue.
Plipnorp:  Hello, fellow regular non-alien Sim!  My name is Plip...I mean...Phillip!
Siobhan:  Nice to meet you Phillip.  I'm Siobhan.  What's that you're working on in the backyard?
Pippin:  I told you so.
Plipnorp Phillip:  You mean my rocket ship?  Isn't it awesome?!?  Do you want to help me work on it?
Siobhan:  Really  You'd let me do that?
Plipnorp Phillip:  Sure!

Siobhan:  This is so cool!  I'm glad I ran into you, Phillip.  you're certainly unique, but a really cool guy.
Plipnorp Phillip:  You're uniquely awesome too, Siobhan, but not in a way that would indicate that you're not a regular Sim like me.  (whispering to his Watcher) I think she's perfect, Pippin!  I'm totally going to marry her!
Pippin:  No!  She's not an alien!  The rules specifically say that an alien must "marry only another alien."
Plipnorp Phillip:  I'm sure deep down she's an alien.
Pippin:  No.  That's not a thing.  If story progression decides to be miraculously cooperative and turn her into an alien, fine, but otherwise no!  You'll marry an alien and you'll have beautiful little alien babies.
Plipnorp Phillip:  Okay, as long as I can have the babies with Siobhan.
Siobhan:  What?  Were you talking to me?
Plipnorp Phillip:  Yep.  I was just saying you're doing an excellent job at this, Siobhan.
Siobhan:  Thanks!
Pippin:  (facepalm)

Notes:  I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge huge amounts of debt to Nutella and Oshizu for, intentionally or otherwise, helping me understand how Sims 4 works better.  Basically, I'm the noob having only had the game itself for barely over a week now.
Nutella's Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead rivalry dynasty basically set out the exact blueprint for how I'm approaching this dynasty and took it from something I'd quietly try at home without posting because I was sure I'd just fail to feeling like maybe I could really do this (hence this post exists). 
Oshizu's Mori Legacy really helped me understand how the dynamics of Sims 4 really works.  I definitely had a clearer idea of what to expect from the game and how to respond to it simply from reading about the Moris.
Additionally, the primary and secondary spouse concept also comes from my reading of that Legacy and may have been the part that confused me the most, so I decided to carry the silliness of my failure to comprehend it into this story.
Huge thanks to both of you!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newport Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »
I can't tell you how excited I am to find out that you're gracing us once again with your dazzling wit and snarky ripostes, this time in the form of a Rival Dynasties Challenge.

I love all three of your bloodlines. Choosing between them will be an impossible task so I'll root for them all.
It will be so interesting to follow and find out how genetics play out--the persistence of Waldorf's eyes, facial shape and ears, Gaivan's nose, and their respective hair colors remain in their bloodlines.
Did you deliberately conceal from us a good look at the human disguise of Plipnorp/Phillip?
I don't play aliens very much and wonder why, if Plipnorp is a full alien, his human disguise's skintone is blue. Is that an authorial decision to emphasize Plipnorp's cluelessness over how much he stands out?

I can't wait for more. *bookmarks and holds onto my seat for the ride to come

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »
Welcome to the dark side, Pippin! We've got a Rival Dynasties Tips thread, that you might find helpful. It looks like you'll play your alien third, which is good because it gives you a chance for other aliens to appear. Good luck, and I look forward to reading!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 08:41:23 PM »
Hooray! I'm so excited that you're writing a Sims 4 story. Your characters are already amazing and gorgeous and I can't wait for more. I love their names. With so many fabulous spousal options, I can't wait to see who they all choose!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »
I can't tell you how excited I am to find out that you're gracing us once again with your dazzling wit and snarky ripostes, this time in the form of a Rival Dynasties Challenge.

I love all three of your bloodlines. Choosing between them will be an impossible task so I'll root for them all.
It will be so interesting to follow and find out how genetics play out--the persistence of Waldorf's eyes, facial shape and ears, Gaivan's nose, and their respective hair colors remain in their bloodlines.
Did you deliberately conceal from us a good look at the human disguise of Plipnorp/Phillip?
I don't play aliens very much and wonder why, if Plipnorp is a full alien, his human disguise's skintone is blue. Is that an authorial decision to emphasize Plipnorp's cluelessness over how much he stands out?

I can't wait for more. *bookmarks and holds onto my seat for the ride to come
The lack of a front view of Plipnorp/Phillip in disguise is completely accidental.  Just the shots that went with the narrative showed his back.   The blue of his disguise is also simply a narrative choice to show how clueless he is  :=
Glad you're enjoying it so far!

Welcome to the dark side, Pippin! We've got a Rival Dynasties Tips thread, that you might find helpful. It looks like you'll play your alien third, which is good because it gives you a chance for other aliens to appear. Good luck, and I look forward to reading!
Yep, Dark Side, here I come  ;=)
I appreciate the comment and the mention of the tips thread.  Thanks!

Hooray! I'm so excited that you're writing a Sims 4 story. Your characters are already amazing and gorgeous and I can't wait for more. I love their names. With so many fabulous spousal options, I can't wait to see who they all choose!
I tried to let random chance dictate who their options were by simply having them visit gathering places and seeing who showed up.  I like the options it gave me  :=)
Glad you already like the crew and hope they continue to be gaced with your approval  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Newcrest Noobs-Peregrine, Week 1
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 06:42:58 PM »
Pippin:  We begin with Waldorf.  His first move was to call over Geoffrey Langraab.
Waldorf:  Geoffrey, old bean, what say you and your large bank account move in with me?
Geoffrey:  Well, first let me take a picture of you with my phone and send it to my wife... *click*

Waldorf:  I'm sorry, what?
Geoffrey:  She says yes!   And sent a kissy face...?
Waldorf:  Excellent!  Wait...what?

Pippin:  And Waldorf Estates has a major upgrade and gets us way closer to fulfilling the mansion baron aspiration.

Pippin:   Party room upstairs as well as adult bedrooms,

Pippin:  and kitchen, dining room, and two kid bedrooms downstairs.  Now, if only you had someone to share that nice, big bedroom you have...?
Waldorf:  I'm miles ahead of you!

Candy:  Howdy, hot stuff!
Pippin:  Quick, do something romantic!

Pippin:  Dang it!  Why do my Sims not know how to be suave?
Candy:  I love that you wanted to cloud gaze.  You're such a romantic!
Pippin:  ...
Waldorf:  So, Candy my darling, I hope I'm not being too forward, but...

Pippin:  Oh my gosh!  She's so adorable!
Candy:  So...are we dating now?

Waldorf:  I certainly hope so.
Candy:  You romantic!  By the way, if we get married my sister has to move in with us.
Waldorf:  I already had a bedroom built for her.
Candy:  You already...you are such a sweetheart!

Candy:  So, Suki, I know it seems kind of sudden, but Waldorf and I are soulmates, and I know it seems like we're rushing...
Suki:  No, it's cool.  He has awesome hair.
Waldorf:  Thanks, new sis-in-law!
Suki:  Sure thing, now where's my room?
Pippin:  That went well.  And we continue rocking through the soulmate aspiration...

Pippin:  Eloping works just fine for that.  And if I may take a moment to gush, OH MY GOSH THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!

Suki:  I'm cute too.  Just sayin'. 

Pippin:  It's true.  She's also super cute.  And the sharing of the pregnancy news is also rather adorable.

Candy:  We're having a baby!!
Waldorf:  We're having...I'm gonna be a...you're really...OH MY WATCHER!!!  I'm so happy!!
Pippin:  And with the points gained from working on soulmate, mansion baron, and mixologist, Waldorf gets the connection reward and starts his career at level four.  Time to celebrate!

Candy:  You are such a wild and passionate lover!
Suki:  You two know you have your own room, right?

Waldorf:  But yours has the closet.
Suki:  And you just couldn't put it in your room, could you.
Candy:  We need that room for the bassinet, silly girl!
Pippin:  And before too long, labor day comes.

Waldorf:  Oh my goodness!  We're having a baby!  Well, mostly Candy, but I'm here too!  What do we do?!?!
Candy:  I think the doctor and I can manage this.  Just stay close to me and keep doing the breathing like we've practiced.
Waldorf:  Okay.  Right.  Breathing.  I should do that.
Candy:  And your blood sugar's probably crashing, go get a sandwich.
Waldorf:  Yes, a sandwich.
Doctor:  Does he really have blood sugar issues?
Candy:  No, he just needed to be distracted for a moment.

Waldorf:  This is a really good sandwich!
Doctors:  And it's...a girl!

Candy:  I'll name her Haven.
Waldorf:  Haven?
Candy:  Yes, because she's about as close as you can get to Heaven on Earth.
Pippin:  So cute.  But while Waldorf and Candy had nothing but happiness, there was some unexpected jealousy for Nancy and Geoffrey.

Geoffrey:  (whisper whisper)
Geoffrey and Clara:  (giggle giggle giggle)
Nancy:  Wait here, you green-haired dreamboat, someone's muscling in on my turf.
Waldorf:  Please stop calling me that.
Nancy:  There's only one way to handle this, missy.
Clara:  Who's Missy?
Nancy:  Dance fight!

Nancy:  Ha!  How you like that, missy?
Clara:  Oh, that was one of the beginner steps I teach the girls in my dance classes.

Clara:  Then we couple it with a lunge.
Nancy:  I feel like I won this.
Pippin:  And while these two ladies are not proving to be super-close, two other ladies were as close as siblings.

Candy:  Aww, look at my baby sister the great artist!
Suki:  You realize I'm just doing this because you need paintings for your museum, right?
Candy:  Aww, look at my baby sister the responsible dynasty helper!
Suki:  Whatevs.
Pippin:  And finally, Waldorf and Candy are adorable.

Pippin:  Waldorf has completed the mansion baron aspiration, brought in the next generation, bought the connections reward, and has thrown his first party...which didn't get gold since the guests never showed up.  Three rewards and three gold medal parties until his job is finished.  Oh, and he still need to build his museum...unless they just use the pool house for it...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Peregrine, Week 1
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »
Wow, fast work, Waldorf! I love how Pippin is so besotted by how adorable Waldorf and Candy are as a couple.

Hmmm, I wonder why Waldorf's guests didn't show up. Were they at work?
What if you invite them over first, make a group using Action/Group, then phone in your party? Just a thought.

Waldorf and Candy are doing awesome together. Clara is a known trouble-maker, so kick her butt real good, Nancy!
I was going to ask which lot you were using, then remembered that all your lots would be in Newcrest so it's no doubt one of the bigger ones..

Can't wait to find out who Gaivin chooses as a spouse!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »
That was fast! Mansion Baron aspiration completed already. I like your use of the Sixam trees for landscaping. Looking forward to see how Haven turns out. Note: when she's a child, she won't have green or pink hair -- those colors aren't available until she becomes a teen.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 11:02:20 PM »
Ooh how exciting, a new Rival Dynasty challenge! You're off to a really great start, I'm nowhere close to finishing the Mansion Barron aspiration in my game :P Can't wait to see what happens next!

(Also side note but between the huge nose and name similarity Gaivan reminds me a bit of Gavin Free from Rooster Teeth)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 02:25:56 AM »
Awesome. Candy is an ideal spouse, and the Landgraabs are always fun to have around, too. I guess we finally know Nancy's type, huh?

Waldorf Estates is coming along swimmingly. The party room looks great.

Welcome Haven! Glad Candy was able to guide Waldorf through the birthing process unharmed. :)

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 07:28:21 AM »
Ok! Missed a lot! I can't comment on all of it!
I'll just focus on Candy and Wardolf's adorableness. Awww...  :-* :)
Haven looks cute, although you can't really tell at baby stage. She'll be really adorable when she grows up!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 08:21:47 AM »
My dear readers,

Just an update, I am continuing to prove my title of "Most Tenacious Simmer." 
I played multiple practice files before actually starting my Rivalry Dynasty and usually only did a few Sim days to about a Sim week and a half with each.  Therefore, I didn't worry about setting up the file correctly with aging and such (some of you already see where this is going).
Therefore, when I started the real file, I completely forgot about setting the non-aging features and whatnot as is required for the file.  I realized this most of the way through week three (with Plipnorp) when the game informed me he would be aging up soon.  On the bright side, we're early on and I can chalk this all up to a nice practice run.  I'll be relaunching soon with these same founders.  The real question, of course, is whether or not I'll choose the same spouses or if I'll let random chance dictate things.  Stay tuned, dear readers...

With affection,

Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
Oh no Pippin! I believe you should capitalize the "t" in "the Most Tenacious Simmer."

I'm happy to hear that you'll be relaunching! Getting used to a new game plus a new challenge are not easy, I imagine.
Personally, I find rotational play somewhat daunting so hats off to you for taking the plunge and then coming back for more.

I'm looking forward to your new story. I'm glad they're moving from Newport to Newcrest.  ;)