Author Topic: Zooming and views  (Read 3687 times)

Offline anakin

• Nooboo
Zooming and views
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »
So..I have been googling like a mad woman trying to figure out whether there is a better way to view/zoom when building.

I am aware of the "free" Sims 3 style camera setting, but is there something like the Sims 3 zoom where you zoom in an arch and not at an angle...?

If anyone understands what I mean. It is really doing my head in that I cannot view my builds from more natural angles whilst building/decorating.

If it matters I am on a Mac laptop with external mouse.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Zooming and views
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:33:33 PM »
The regular sims 4 view does zoom in on a curve such that at fully zoomed-in the camera is parallel to the floor.

In build mode I habitually switch between the views. I'm not sure if Mac shortcuts are the same, but CTRL+Shift+Tab is second nature to me. That toggles between the two camera modes. The Sims 3 style view unhitches the camera from it's predetermined zoom path. So if you were to zoom in using Sims 4 mode, then CTRL+Shift+Tab, you would zoom in and out horizontally and use the middle mouse button for pitch control. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything