Author Topic: build mode keeps building the same thing when I want to switch to the next thing  (Read 1802 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
I was building an additional bathroom and bedroom for my restaurant owner main family to use if they need to remain overnight at one of their restaurants.

However, when I used the wall tool and tried to press escape when I was done, it would not disappear and began to draw more walls where they didn't belong.  I used the undo button.  Then, the same thing happened with doors, paint, among other build mode issues.  This problem began tonight.  I do not have a dance floor.

I did check to ensure that I hadn't forgotten to turn off MOO, but that wasn't the cause of the problem.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Did you try choosing a new tool to switch away from the wall tool or current build tool you were using?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
No, I didn't try that.  So, if I just click on the wall tool and have a problem, will the wall tool stop making random walls if I click, for instance, floors?  That would certainly solve the problem.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Yes it should. I did a play-test with the house I've built in Sims 4 and didn't have any problems with creating walls, placing floors and wall coverings.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Thanks for play-testing MrsFlynn.  I've never had a problem like this with building before, that's why I was wondering what was going on.

anything