Author Topic: Preventing alien abductions?  (Read 9182 times)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Preventing alien abductions?
« on: December 15, 2016, 11:52:40 AM »
Is there any way to stop my sims from being abducted? It's wreaking havoc in my apocalypse challenge. I even had a non-heir get pregnant. I figured out how to return the baby, but I had someone with nighttime hours and it's delayed their promotion. Any suggestions--even cheats are welcome.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Preventing alien abductions?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:15:33 PM »
@commasplice

You can use the "showhiddenobjects" cheat to purchase the satellite dish (it's a career reward for the Scientist career), then set it to prevent abductions. It needs to be set every 24 hours.

Ctrl+Shift+C
testingcheats on
bb.showhiddenobjects true

To disable showhiddenobjects, you'll need to save and exit your game, I believe.
Good luck with your Apocalypse Challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
Awesome. Thank you. I have never had any alien abductions ever, but it's my first time playing the Oasis neighborhood. Maybe that's the reason?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »
You don't need to save and exit your game to use this cheat, just enabling bb.showhiddenobjects once in build mode should work and then in the filters under 'content' you can choose debug or even easier just use the search feature on the left of the UI.

You do need to save and exit your game to unequip this cheat. *edited thanks to @oshizu pointing out my derp.  :P

By the way, completely jealous that you are having abductions.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »
@Playalot and @commasplice

Sorry for the misinformation. Does bb.showhiddenobjects automatically disable after leaving Build mode? (I've rarely used it so I'm not sure).

And about the abductions, what Playalot said. Not only abductions but also male pregnancy!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »

Sorry for the misinformation. Does bb.showhiddenobjects automatically disable after leaving Build mode? (I've rarely used it so I'm not sure).

And about the abductions, what Playalot said. Not only abductions but also male pregnancy!

Oppsies. Not your misinformation... mine. You do need to leave the game for bb.moveobjects bb.showhiddenobjects to disable. Skim reading gets me into a world of trouble!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »

Oppsies. Not your misinformation... mine. You do need to leave the game for bb.moveobjects to disable. Skim reading gets me into a world of trouble!
To turn off bb.moveobjects, simply type it into the search console again.  You don't need to exit the game :P
However, to disable bb.showhiddenobjects save and exit the game :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 07:50:02 PM »
Oh crumbs! My head is totally in the clouds today! I meant bb.showhiddenobjects. *Gives up and turns off PC for the day*!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
Play, you don't have to shut your computer off for the rest of the day :o.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 03:36:07 AM »
Yea i've never even SEEN an alien in the game, let alone had an alien abduction yet....are Aliens tied to a particular game pack? I thought not but then again since i've never even seen an alien in my game I wasent sure. LOL

;D ;D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 04:23:27 AM »
Aliens come with Get to Work.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 12:57:02 PM »
In some of my sims socializing, they will periodically learn that so and so is an alien. I'm unclear whether there's a real sim out there also with that name or not.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 02:12:18 PM »
In some of my sims socializing, they will periodically learn that so and so is an alien. I'm unclear whether there's a real sim out there also with that name or not.
If your Sims become aware that another Sim is an alien, then, the Sim to whom they are speaking is the alien. 

Sims will get the moodlet that just they discovered an alien, and they could feel angry or be alright about finding out.  That status will also be noted in your Sims' relationship panel for that alien Sim.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
If your Sims become aware that another Sim is an alien, then, the Sim to whom they are speaking is the alien. 

Sims will get the moodlet that just they discovered an alien, and they could feel angry or be alright about finding out.  That status will also be noted in your Sims' relationship panel for that alien Sim.

I guess what I'm asking is this: your sim realizes that Johnny Zest is an alien. Does that mean that there's a real Johnny Zest too?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 03:10:31 PM »

I guess what I'm asking is this: your sim realizes that Johnny Zest is an alien. Does that mean that there's a real Johnny Zest too?
No, it means that Johnny Zest is the alien.  He would be the only one. 

There can only be two different versions of a Sim, if they get cloned.

anything