Author Topic: Geekcon not there --- Solved!!!  (Read 16507 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Geekcon not there --- Solved!!!
« on: December 12, 2016, 01:27:52 AM »
I tried to take my Sims to Geekcon about an hour ago --- real time.  However, when they arrived, the festival was not happening.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Geekcon not there
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:56:48 AM »
Festivals get buggy so the best thing is so wait around until each festival is fully finished and all the paraphernalia has disappeared. Also true if they fail to appear... just have your sim wait around until the notification pops up that the festival has 1 hours to go, wait a bit longer until a normal food venue pops up and then you know you have cleared the festival lot. Next time the festival should spawn correctly.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:27:25 PM »
Festivals get buggy so the best thing is so wait around until each festival is fully finished and all the paraphernalia has disappeared. Also true if they fail to appear... just have your sim wait around until the notification pops up that the festival has 1 hours to go, wait a bit longer until a normal food venue pops up and then you know you have cleared the festival lot. Next time the festival should spawn correctly.
@Playalot --- Thanks :)!  I will wait for the next Geekcon --- I can't wait for my techie main family to win that computer! 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »
Recently I have been having issues with the Spice District I had nearly all the food venues plus the Spice Festival spawn in at the same time. It was crazy! Items on top of each other and sims still using them. lol I just had my sim whip out his tent and sleep until it all cleared itself.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 05:14:13 PM »
Recently I have been having issues with the Spice District I had nearly all the food venues plus the Spice Festival spawn in at the same time. It was crazy! Items on top of each other and sims still using them. lol I just had my sim whip out his tent and sleep until it all cleared itself.
lol @Playalot.  Letting your Sim sleep through that mess was a good idea :).  My sims all have coolers, so maybe, I'll add tents back into their inventories.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 04:37:47 PM »
@Playalot --- My Sims missed another Geekcon :(.  The other festivals spawn, so I don't know what's going on. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 05:16:31 AM »
Do you get the notification that the Geekcon Festival is starting/in town?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 01:54:48 PM »
Do you get the notification that the Geekcon Festival is starting/in town?
Yes -- but the festival never spawned in the square.

However, I had my Sims travel to Planet Honey Pop before the festival was supposed to begin in the area for Geekcon.  They own Planet Honey Pop because I made it into a restaurant with a karaoke machine.  Therefore, my Sims went inside --- not in the actual festival area --- if that makes a difference.  I did not have them open the restaurant during the time during which the festival was supposed to occur.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »
I wonder if somehow your file has become corrupt when you altered the Planet Honey Pop? Perhaps it might be worth your while starting a brand new file and seeing if Geekcon spawns correctly for you with a new game.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »
I wonder if somehow your file has become corrupt when you altered the Planet Honey Pop? Perhaps it might be worth your while starting a brand new file and seeing if Geekcon spawns correctly for you with a new game.
That could be the case.  I made Planet Honey Pop into a restaurant in my city family game, and Geekcon spawned without any problems.

I simply placed it again in my main suburban family --- the Sullivans.  If there is a problem with Planet Honey Pop and Geekcon spawning, then since I had to start that family over in July, I don't think I can start that family over again because they're my favorite Sims and I worked so hard on their skills, goals and careers.  Before my computer crashed in July, that family went 30 generations back.  However, I did get the computer from Geekcon for the Sullivans using debug.

Thanks so much for the suggestion.  I will try it with a virgin game, in case anything happens.  I know that sometimes altering lots can affect other stuff.  I guess it only happens to some lots.

Do you think that it would help if I bulldozed Planet Honey Pop, and built another restaurant there from scratch in my Sullivan game?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 10:33:00 PM »
I'm not sure what would help to be quite honest as I've solved this just by keeping my sim actively on the lot until the festival spawn in correctly, eventually.

I suspect bulldozing wouldn't help if it is a file corruption but it is always worth trying, as at this point your guess is as good as mine.

Also you wouldn't have to start again with the family, just save them to your library and place them into a new game. I do that from time to time with my fav sims when the file becomes super laggy and freezes etc. It's quite nice starting in a new file with played sims. I use the relationship cheats for their extended family who are in different household lots but apart from that it really is an easy process.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 10:58:41 PM »
I'm not sure what would help to be quite honest as I've solved this just by keeping my sim actively on the lot until the festival spawn in correctly, eventually.

I suspect bulldozing wouldn't help if it is a file corruption but it is always worth trying, as at this point your guess is as good as mine.

Also you wouldn't have to start again with the family, just save them to your library and place them into a new game. I do that from time to time with my fav sims when the file becomes super laggy and freezes etc. It's quite nice starting in a new file with played sims. I use the relationship cheats for their extended family who are in different household lots but apart from that it really is an easy process.
Play --- I'll try saving them to my library. 

I have a few questions first:
Will they have their skills and satisfaction points/current ages.  I turned off aging, and the 2 girls are 6 days from aging up to teen, and I'd like to keep them at that point at the end of their childhood without having to go back and start that over because I had them on long lifespan.

Also, it's a Sim Monday, so maybe, I can have them take a day off from work and school tomorrow, and try to go to Geekcon once more and see if the festival spawns.

Maybe I'm just worrying for nothing :-[, but you know how it is with your favorite Sims 8)!

Thanks for your help, anyway!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 01:44:48 AM »
Saved sims keep their careers, satisfactions points, reward traits, skill levels and relationships in the same saved household file. The only thing that does not save to the Library or the Gallery is their household funds. So just take a note of that and use the money cheat to give that amount back to them.

I also sometimes save their houses too particularly if the updates have all been applied to plumbing etc. More times than not though I like the chance to build them a new home.

I wouldn't travel to Honey Pop until the Geekcon festival notification appears this time and see if that makes a difference. I'd also use the notification to travel rather than using the map to take you directly to Honey Pop. (On the notification Show Festival Info>Travel To Geekcon Festival)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 02:07:02 AM »
Saved sims keep their careers, satisfactions points, reward traits, skill levels and relationships in the same saved household file. The only thing that does not save to the Library or the Gallery is their household funds. So just take a note of that and use the money cheat to give that amount back to them.

I also sometimes save their houses too particularly if the updates have all been applied to plumbing etc. More times than not though I like the chance to build them a new home.

I wouldn't travel to Honey Pop until the Geekcon festival notification appears this time and see if that makes a difference. I'd also use the notification to travel rather than using the map to take you directly to Honey Pop. (On the notification Show Festival Info>Travel To Geekcon Festival)
Play --- Thanks for explaining everything.  I will that method to go to Geekcon first, then, I will save the household and their house --- so many upgrades :o, and they have §9,999,999 :)!  I'll let you know what happens.  I did wonder if going to Geekcon early would be a mistake.  I guess it was :P.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Geekcon not there --- Solved!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 10:32:43 PM »
Your idea solved the issue, so now, we know that the file wasn't currupt :)!  My Sims all won something, and one of them won that new computer 8)!  Thanks for your help, Play!

anything