Author Topic: Creating Lots  (Read 4047 times)

Offline athena

• Occult
Creating Lots
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »
I was house hunting for my Sims near the coastline so I can give my Sims the "wonderful vista" moodlet. Either my Sims did not have enough money to buy the house they wanted or they didn't like the house in the lot. So what I did was to bulldoze the house in the area where I wanted to put the empty house in the bin.  To my dismay, I could no longer use that area, I felt like I just wasted a good space with a fantastic view.  Is there any way I can create a new lot in that area (same way as in Sims 2)? How else can I place a ready-made house in town? I feel like I'm missing something important. Thanks for your help!  ???

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Creating Lots
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:21 PM »
You bulldozed an existing house from a lot?  You should be able to place a new house there.  Try clicking on the lot and seeing if you need to set it to residential.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »
You can only put your house on a lot that is same size or bigger than the lot the house was built on.  So if your house in the bin was built on a 50x50 lot, then you cannot place it on a lot that is any smaller, and so then the choice to build there is taken away from you.  I'm guessing that this may be your problem.  I would try to actually bulldoze the lot and then place a big enough lot there to put the house on.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
Thanks for your replies! Perhaps I was trying to fit a bigger lot in the vacant area. But isn't the area supposed to highlight in red? (indicating it wont fit). I'll go try it anyway, and change it to residential too.  Such a waste of a very good area with a view if I wont be able to build a house there.  BTW, what if I don't want a ready made house and just want to put an empty lot, where can I find empty lots (I remember the way it was in Sims2 where we can choose from among many sizes of lots in the lots bin). Is there an empty lots bin in Sims3?  ???

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »
Thanks for your replies! Perhaps I was trying to fit a bigger lot in the vacant area. But isn't the area supposed to highlight in red? (indicating it wont fit). I'll go try it anyway, and change it to residential too.  Such a waste of a very good area with a view if I wont be able to build a house there.  BTW, what if I don't want a ready made house and just want to put an empty lot, where can I find empty lots (I remember the way it was in Sims2 where we can choose from among many sizes of lots in the lots bin). Is there an empty lots bin in Sims3?  ???

If you go into Edit Town, there is an option for placing lots.  I think it is the last option on the list.  You can also change the landscape from that option and add trees or rocks, just like you could in Sims2.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
Thanks Joria! I will really try that. :)