Author Topic: Burglars  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
Burglars
« on: December 05, 2016, 02:52:44 AM »
Apparently, pets who guard houses spawn burglars.
What I was wondering was, is there any other sim related traits that might increase the chance of a burglar? My main girl is  shy,artistic,brave, vegetarian & friendly and her wife is rebellious, heavy sleeper, angler, handy and a natural born cook. I was thinking maybe the heavy sleeper trait is what's causing it, but my current household is getting burglared around 4-6 times a day by the same two burglars (I am going to murder them violently once I find the stuff to make a witch potion so I can go start a fire on their house > : ) ). I know my dog & cat are partially resposible because they both have the trait that makes them autonomously guard house (both were adopted from neighbours so I had no part in it), but I feel like I'm still getting the burglars spawning on my boat way too often for it to be just from the pets. Usually even with pets I get burglars very rarely.

Anyone else have experienced something similiar? It was funny at first but it's getting mighty annoying now :x
Blob.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: Burglars
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
Wow!  That's a lot of robberies.  I've never had them happen that frequently in my game.

I almost always put up an alarm so I don't have to deal with calling the police, and unfortunately I don't often play with a household dog, so I have no experience with how it affects it.

I wonder if there are any mods that can cause this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:38:51 PM »
I noticed that a burglar arrives every time pets guard the house, but not autonomously, only if their owner or I order them to guard the house. So I don't do it any longer, because pets are unable to attack the burglar... I wonder why pets guard the house if they can't attack burglars  >:(

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:52:19 PM »
Wow!  That's a lot of robberies.  I've never had them happen that frequently in my game.

I almost always put up an alarm so I don't have to deal with calling the police, and unfortunately I don't often play with a household dog, so I have no experience with how it affects it.

I wonder if there are any mods that can cause this?

Yeah me neither, it was really ridiculous for a little while, then it got tedious >_>

Me too, though when I noticed that my cat was always guarding the house when my sims were out and about (the main is brave so she always catches them if she's home) I figured I didn't really need the alarm, since I loved watching the burglar get threatened by the smallest possible cat that looks goofy as anything and literally disappears in the snow (I have some mod sliders for pet leg lengths etc, she was a munchkin mix born to a family I created to populate the neighbourhood). I haven't had the burglars steal anything since the cat always catches them, then the dog chases them and then to finish it up my sim beats them to a pulp if she's home :p

My first thought was mods too, but I haven't added any new mods to my game in over half a year, so that can't really be the issue since this household is the only one who ever experiences it. I still wonder about the heavy sleeper trait, since both the sleeper traits are ones I NEVER use. If a sim rolls them (I randomize all traits in my current legacy) the first thing I do is get enough happiness points to change the trait. I just find them very boring, they don't really add anything to the sim. That's why I was wondering if the trait has some hidden increased chance to spawn burglars since your sims don't wake up from anything.

I noticed that a burglar arrives every time pets guard the house, but not autonomously, only if their owner or I order them to guard the house. So I don't do it any longer, because pets are unable to attack the burglar... I wonder why pets guard the house if they can't attack burglars  >:(

I've never told them the guard the house, they just kinda do it in shifts, lol.
The pets do threaten the burglar, and the burglar runs away if your sims aren't home to beat them up :D
They get a red thought bubble about the pet, freak out, and then proceed to run away. Even if the guarding is autonomous.
Blob.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 03:16:49 AM »
Usually the unlucky trait affects the sim, my unlucky sim got 3 robberies during a week once and she is never able to catch them. But sometimes when a robber comes to your house the game will spawn the message:"I will love to meet you, get to know you better"  and that kind of messages. Then my sim will get the attractive sim mood let. It just happens randomly. Locking doors don't seem to help.
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 01:46:05 PM »
Usually the unlucky trait affects the sim, my unlucky sim got 3 robberies during a week once and she is never able to catch them. But sometimes when a robber comes to your house the game will spawn the message:"I will love to meet you, get to know you better"  and that kind of messages. Then my sim will get the attractive sim mood let. It just happens randomly. Locking doors don't seem to help.

That's a funny quirk of the attraction system. It's putting the burglar on your sim's acquaintance list because they met, and reacting like any old sim meeting that way for attraction. 

"I know I just tried to rob you and all, but you're really hot! Can I have your number?"  ;D

anything