Author Topic: Sims 3 - How do I harvest a plant?  (Read 8953 times)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: How do I havest a plant?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »
@Cheezey --- Thanks so much for the screenshots of the seeds 8)!  Now, I know what they look like, and I know where the graveyard is, for starters.

You're welcome! Another good spot to look for special seeds is on the hills around the science lab, and on the sidewalk near it and the dome structure.

There are also common seeds in town, you can often find them in the park in Sunset Valley, for instance.

Another hint, if you want flame fruit, you don't need to find a special seed. It grows in Gobias Koffi's garden and in the Wainwrights' front yard, and you can harvest it if you visit. I think it might also grow in the Bachelors' yard, but I'm not 100% on that.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 06:53:54 PM »
Oh, O.K.  I know where the Science lab it because my Sims live at 15 Summer Hill Court.  I found some grapevines in the fishing spot at 25 Summer Hill Court.  I moved some families' lots to place some community lots from Town Life, so I'm not sure if the families whom you mentioned live on the correct lot, anymore, but I will check.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 02:55:36 AM »
also, the older the game file (the longer you've played it) the more spawners there will be. So finding seeds might be a task at first but soon you'll be drowning in them :D

Also the lifetime reward "collection helper" (I think it's 40k points) can be set to show every seed in the world, making them easy to pick up.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 03:01:05 AM »
@Loconut --- I'm glad there will be more seeds the longer I play.  All 4 of my Sims have the "collection helper" for 40,000 points, but I don't know how to use it.  Will clicking on that object in their inventories have pop-up choices of collections from which to choose.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 03:35:45 AM »
@Loconut --- I'm glad there will be more seeds the longer I play.  All 4 of my Sims have the "collection helper" for 40,000 points, but I don't know how to use it.  Will clicking on that object in their inventories have pop-up choices of collections from which to choose.

Exactly so, you can't use them out of the inventory. In the sims inventory you click it, which gives you a menu of different collectibles you can look for with the yellow immediate action symbol. Once you click on one, when you go to map view on the sim who has the helper in their inventory, there will be blue circles with a tomato icon on them, those mark seeds. When you zoom in on the place they will glow white on the ground. Be sure to set the helpers back to "none" when you're not actively looking for items though, since the map tags updating constantly makes the game laggy if your computer isn't the best.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 03:51:45 AM »
@Loconut --- Thanks for explaining the whole process to me.  It was very helpful :).

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 01:35:36 AM »
I just started to use the collection helper, and those red tomato icons are literally all over the map of Sunset Valley!  There are tons of them.  My Sim collected about 12 seeds, and 4 of them are special seeds, which require gardening level 7 to plant.  I set the collection helper back to none after my Sim was done collecting seeds.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 01:46:46 AM »
I just started to use the collection helper, and those red tomato icons are literally all over the map of Sunset Valley!  There are tons of them.  Now, I will go to a specific one.
yeah, after four generations of play I turned mine on too because I needed some gems and my god there were hundreds of those tags, lol
Blob.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 12:16:35 PM »
The collection helper is one of my favorite lifetime rewards! It's very useful, and some of those rocks and insects can get you a good amount of money.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
Thanks @Loconut and @Cheezey.  I'm glad to know that you've both had a lot of luck with the collection helper and that you can make a good deal of money by collecting insects or rocks.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »
@coolsim9999999 If you like collections, the University EP has a science station which is like the cloning machine in Get to work. Your sim needs to learn the science skill, and once it's done you can clone anything you want, collectibles (including plants and fish) and even townies and add their clones (babies) to your household. Your sims can earn a lot of money without having a job, just like with gardening. It's a fun EP and the degrees also allow your sims to start their careers at a higher level.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »
@coolsim9999999 If you like collections, the University EP has a science station which is like the cloning machine in Get to work. Your sim needs to learn the science skill, and once it's done you can clone anything you want, collectibles (including plants and fish) and even townies and add their clones (babies) to your household. Your sims can earn a lot of money without having a job, just like with gardening. It's a fun EP and the degrees also allow your sims to start their careers at a higher level.
@Candyd --- That sounds like a cool pack.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do about them.  I have to choose carefully due to my budget.  I like collecting, but it's not my absolute favorite part of the Sims.  However, the University EP is a contender.  I'm really just trying to collect enough death flower seeds right now, so my Sims have 1 or 2 apiece in case they need them.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 08:37:53 AM »
A work around to the deathflower is the Unlucky trait, if you feel like you have one extra trait slot. The grim reaper simply refuses to kill unlucky sims any other way than old age because they're amusing to him :p With aging off sims with the trait are literally unkillable.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 11:49:01 AM »
@Loconut --- I thought about using the unlucky trait, but will anything good happen to them --- even though they can't die with aging off?

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 05:44:13 PM »
@Loconut --- I thought about using the unlucky trait, but will anything good happen to them --- even though they can't die with aging off?

Unlucky is pretty harmless, some days they wake up with a small negative moodlet (feeling unlucky, I think it's like -5 to -15). There's a few carreers from expansion packs that factor in luck (Jockey, for example) but they should be able to climb through a job just fine with the base game.  It might have something to do with collectible prices too, but nothing too drastic. I've had multiple townie-spouses with the unlucky trait and I never saw that much of a difference outside of competitions. So as long as your unlucky sim doesn't wish to be a chess grandmaster etc it's a pretty neutral trait. They won't randomly lose their job or get negative other events like with the loser trait, they're just a bit, well, unlucky.
Blob.