Author Topic: Faust: A Townie Dynasty - Graveyard  (Read 5591 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Faust: A Townie Dynasty - Graveyard
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »
Founder: Ulrike Faust

I chose Ulrike to start the Dynasty mainly because she already has Level 5 painting skill.

In my practice, she married Gunther Munch. The Munches are a good family for getting lots of points quickly because of Mila and Gunther's high skill levels. However, they got points a bit too quickly and I wound up controlling my heir too soon. So this time, I decided to try something different and sent Ulrike in pursuit of Gavin Richards.

Things progressed quickly. They have to when you only have 10 days to get your 10 item collection together, meet and marry someone, and produce an heir!

Museum: check. (Note: there are 10 paintings in addition to the portrait of Maaike.)

Wedding: check. We got a gold medal! That's 1 point, so we're off to a good start.

Heir: check. This is Audrey Faust.

Things that nearly went wrong:

Both J and Mitchell came home from work with their energy bars completely in the red. Even though they reached the "pass out" stage while still at work, they both managed to make it to bed in time.

Gavin got the giggly illness and quickly went into "very playful" due to the +3 Happy from having the baby. Mitchell, of course, thinks that's a good time to start telling Gavin jokes! I paused the game and tried to think of a way to get Gavin away from Mitchell. Ulrike tried discussing focusing methods, but that wasn't enough to overcome the playful mood. Then, I noticed that Gavin's energy was less than half full, so I had Ulrike ask him to woohoo. He fell right to sleep afterwards and slept until the danger was past. Whew! Tip: If you have a bathtub, lock the door so that only your controlled Sim has access to it. Sims REALLY love bubble baths and I really hate the playful mood. :)

My basic strategy:

Ulrike painted until she was at Level 9 in order to get the highest value paintings possible for the museum. I kept her from getting to level 10 because maxing a skill is worth 2 points.

When Ulrike moved in, Zoe was at Level 7 of Start-Up Entrepreneur, but did not have the skills to match. In other words, she would never get promoted (1 point). On the first free day, I had all Sims that were at home take a vacation day (Ulrike had already quit her job). Zoe and J both got new jobs, Zoe in culinary and J in Athletic. I had Mitchell and Zoe skill up to level 6 Cooking, Level 4 Mixology, and Level 2 Gourmet Cooking. That would take them to Level 6 in the Culinary Career. J worked on his charisma, but only got to Level 3. I chose the Homey lot trait, so he didn't get a boost to his skilling. Gavin wrote books and got to Level 6 writing. Since there is no penalty on free days, I used some of Ulrike's satisfaction to buy them moodlet solvers so they could skill for almost the entire 24 hours.

Since Culinary and Writer both have Inspired as the preferred work mood, Ulrike can ask Zoe, Mitchell, and Gavin to cloudgaze (separately, of course) to get them in the right mood. J is frequently energized because he's active, but his work mood isn't as easy to get without controlling him. Having three Sims set up to gain promotions is good enough though! If it looks like a Sim is going to get promoted on a free day, use a vacation day if you have it so they get promoted the next day and you get the point. J was actually at work in the Tech Guru career when we got our last point, so I missed out when he was promoted.

First 10 points:
Designated skill: Gourmet Cooking --2 points
Job promotions: 3 points (EDIT: Mitchell, Gavin, and Ulrike each got one promotion)
Satisfaction (1000 points): 1 point
Good friends: Morgan Fyres--1 point (Ulrike was already good friends with Gavin when she moved in, so I didn't count him)
Gold parties: Wedding--1 point
Maxed job/skill/aspiration: Maxed painting--2 points

Museum value: 10 paintings and portrait of Maaike worth $28230.
Aspirations Completed: Painter Extraordinaire (happened after the free day, so it goes toward the next 10 points).
Lots: Cottage Am See, Cacti Casa

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I need to get myself in the habit of taking screen shots! By the way, does anyone know how to get rid of the notification that comes up when using the in-game camera? I've unchecked the box that says "Show dialog after something something" but it still comes up every time.

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Faust: A Townie Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 12:14:39 PM »
Great start...something tells me that Ulrike is going to be popular this time around.  I'm using her too...though she's hunting a different spouse.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »
What a detailed run-through of your first 10 points!
Quick thinking with having Ulrike invite Gavin to woohoo to get him away from Mitchell to sleep off his Very Playful mood.

Thanks for the many tips, large and small! <3

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
It looks like you're off to a great start. I love the Roomies, but I used them in my never-finished Immortal Dynasty and wanted to try something different.

As for the notification about screenshots, I don't know of one. I'm always checking the box to indicate that I never want to see it again, but every time I start my game, there it is.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »
This is great! Thank you so much for the detailed explanation of your strategy. I will be taking notes!

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 06:18:40 PM »
Great start!! The tips are welcome too!

I'm researching! The ISBI is not new to me. I'm excited to read all the new stories and plan mine to post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
Nice start! I've never played any of the sims you chose but they seem like really solid choices. It's great to see your strategy too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »
So, I just had a weird thing happen. My heir was watching a movie--Diamonds are for Sims--and she just passed out. As you can see in the picture, her needs are fine. Fortunately, it's a free day, but I am very confused as I've never had something like this happen before.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 07:10:48 PM »
Was the movie so boring that she fell asleep? I...forget if that's an actual thing that happens during movies or not. Somehow I remember it being.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 07:31:32 PM »
Was the movie so boring that she fell asleep? I...forget if that's an actual thing that happens during movies or not. Somehow I remember it being.

I guess that could be it, but she didn't have a Bored moodlet. I'll have to be careful with the TV. I did not even know that could happen.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 01:02:19 AM »
@reggiko
By the way, does anyone know how to get rid of the notification that comes up when using the in-game camera? I've unchecked the box that says "Show dialog after something something" but it still comes up every time.

If you mean that green "Your pictures can be viewed in the Screenshots Manager..." notification, I don't know of any way to stop that from displaying. I just delete them with other notices when they accumulate.
If you take screenshots using the Tab key, though (i mean hit Tab before hitting C), the UI and such messages won't show up in your screenshot. (You knew that already, I'm sure, but just in case....)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »
Thanks @oshizu for the reminder.

I actually searched on this issue today, cause I was very curious myself if this could be fixed. Sadly I found that it's not an option to fully get rid of the screenshot notifications. We just need to remind ourselves to go to the notification wall and use the Delete All button from time to time.

By the way, does anyone know how to get rid of the notification that comes up when using the in-game camera? I've unchecked the box that says "Show dialog after something something" but it still comes up every time.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 10:12:06 AM »
I figured as much in regard to that notification. I have Fraps, though, so I went back to using that instead of the game camera.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 12:34:01 AM »
Well, I did a very stupid thing tonight. My 3rd Gen heir came home with an A. Somehow, I counted that as 2 points instead of 1. I realized my mistake not long after, but the 2 points were the last 2 before a free day, which I had started. So, it's back to the beginning for me.

It's kind of okay because while I was playing I thought of some things I would do differently--partially thanks to Marian's awesome tips--but I could kick myself for making a calculation error of all things. I did manage to kill an elder from overexertion on the previous free day, the first time that has happened in my game. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 08:33:24 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I've been benefiting from your tips, too. :)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.