Author Topic: Origin Client not installing  (Read 9213 times)

Offline ShiningStar

• Llama Wrangler
Origin Client not installing
« on: November 20, 2016, 03:26:21 AM »
Hello!

A few weeks ago I began having trouble with my Origin Client, it either wouldn't load or if I did manage to get it to load, it would tell me that my credentials were expired or that I needed to be online when logging in for the first time ( when I was indeed online). I talked to an EA rep who told me to uninstall and then re-install which I did but when I attempted to reinstall, the file would download in my browser and the origin window would open but I still would have the same issue as I did before. It's not a problem with one browser either because I've tried downloading on explorer, chrome, and firefox and I get the same results. The weird thing though is that while the download would go through, it wouldn't install on my computer. So I contacted EA again and this time I was told to manually un-install Origin... I asked him and two more reps I talked too how I would manually uninstall something that has already been uninstalled and none of them had an answer for me.  The last rep I talked too ( and got really frustrated with because he was paying zero attention to what I was asking) told me that I needed to reset my internet explorer settings and disable my proxy . When I asked why I would need to do this on explorer when I had issues on all three browsers...again no answer. Just now though I managed to find another link to download origin and it did go through and install on my computer and also updated but it just keeps crashing and won't open.

So now I'm frustrated to the nth degree and I just need someone to give me some straight forward advice on what to do so I can play my games again. I'm assuming I need to try manually un-installing and I've heard about ccleaner but that makes me nervous, is that going to delete anything off my computer?

If there's anything else anyone can think of to help me out, I would really appreciate it!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin Client not installing
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 04:58:42 AM »
There's been reports of problems with the new Origin client. Best thing to do is to uninstall/reinstall.

How to do this:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Origin. Right-click Origin and select uninstall.

2. Download Ccleaner and run it and it's registry cleaner. (Standard Edition is Free)
-- This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used. This does not hurt your computer or it's files.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download -- PC

How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner

3. Download and Install Origin.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin

4. Log into Origin with your username and password to find your games in the Games Library tab.

See this article linked below to learn more about Origin's new look and how to use it.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/check-out-origins-new-look/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ShiningStar

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 05:37:02 PM »
Aww that would make sense why these problems came out of nowhere. Thanks I'll try and let you know if it works!

Offline ShiningStar

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 03:24:16 AM »
I just got done running ccleaner and re-installed Origin and am having the same problem.

Now what's weird is going through the OriginThinSetup.exe download, nothing happens other the file downloading in my browser but not on my computer. Using the regular OriginSetup.exe, Origin client will go through and initially set up normally but will instantly want to update twice and then when I go to open it, it has me sign in but then...nothing but a small popup saying Origin is already running ( when it's not) and it won't let me close that small window.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:27:23 AM »
Thank you for posting the error message.

When it gives the error message: Origin is already running ( when it's not)

Log out of Origin. *If exiting Origin isn't working, open Task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) search for a file called ts4.exe. Click on it and select end process.

What may have happened is the program may have not closed properly. So it needs to be closed manually.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ShiningStar

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 04:29:26 PM »
That's what is weird though, I can't even get to the main screen of the origin client to log out.  And last time when I got that little error screen... I had just started my computer and hadn't even touched origin yet.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »
You may have Origin set to automatically log you in when windows starts. I'd definitely try manually closing Origin. That way you know for sure it's closed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ShiningStar

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 05:00:17 PM »
I'll try when I get on my computer tonight!

What if Origin still doesn't ole like it should though?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 05:43:08 PM »
I was just searching more on this issue. Best I can find is to:

Uninstall Origin, run Ccleaner, reboot computer. Install Origin, run it as Administrator - Right-click, select run as administrator.

Here are some more troubleshooting tips:

Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify

Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/origin/origin/connection-issues-with-origin/

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 04:44:48 AM »
I would add also to this that if you are trying to totally remove Origin from your computer you would also want to goto C:\Program Files (x86) and delete any folder that refers to Origin. You may have to do this after you have uninstalled the program thru Programs and Features. And your location for these folders may be slightly different depending on your operating system.

I am on Windows 10 64 Bit and for me they are in C:\Program Files (x86) different versions of windows may have them in C:\Program Files

There is a complete manual uninstall procedure for the Origin client here on the EA Help forum https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

That has most of what I was talking about and also most of what MrsFlynn was talking about so hopefully getting ALL of that off of your system before reinstalling the Origin client will help fix whichever buggy file is being leftover from Origin client that may be causing these issues.

Good Luck  :)

Offline ShiningStar

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 05:18:43 AM »
Well I just un-installed, ran ccleaner, rebooted computer and then reinstalled and it did the same thing ( wanting to back to back updates) but then the main origin page started to load as normal...only for it to quickly disappear. When I tried opening it again, it was just a plain white page again and it would not load.  I also tried a clean boot and the same thing happened.

@Rangervegas I hadn't seen your post yet but I will keep it mind, thank you!

I'm just so frustrated at this point and ready to scream at EA.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 02:26:59 PM »
Google EA Technical help/customer service, and call the number.  Try any remaining suggestions from this post, and maybe do a virus scan before trying anything.  Good luck @ShiningStar!

Offline ShiningStar

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »
Thanks! I will do a virus scan. I think I've done just about everything else.
Is it better to call the number versus online chat for EA?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 04:08:57 PM »
They don't have a phone number that you can call, that I'm aware of? We usually do the online chat.

Though from what I understand they do have a call back feature, but it sounds like that can be a hit and miss type thing.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »
I've never contacted EA for help.  I'm, glad to know there's a chat feature, @MrsFlynn.