Author Topic: Update Issue: Invalid File? 4.6.6?  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
  • Concerto No. 2 (3rd Movement) - F. Seitz
Update Issue: Invalid File? 4.6.6?
« on: December 02, 2010, 05:00:31 PM »
Okay, so I have tried patching my game to the one released on Nov. 30. At first it is fine but once it gets to the InstallShield Wizard it has a message pop up saying: Update Error: Invalid file found. Does anyone know what this could be? I don't have any CC other than the Sims 3 store products. I'm not too stressed yet but I will want to fix this.  ??? Thanks for any help!  

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Update Issue: Invalid File?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:49:48 PM »
You're downloading the update through the Sims 3 launcher?  Have you tried cancelling it and restarting?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 07:27:03 AM »
You're downloading the update through the Sims 3 launcher?  Have you tried canceling it and restarting?
I could try, other than I don't know how to do that. Could someone please explain how to do that? *unless that is hitting the X in the top right corner and trying again*

Alsier

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 10:16:41 PM »
I had that exact same problem, at the end of the ambitions patch to 4.6.6.  After searching around, I found this on the Sims 3 forum:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/305696.page

I used the superpatcher linked from there and it patched my game up to the right level.

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:23:44 AM »
When I click on any of the links where it says: Region 1, Region 7, etc. I get a message asking if I want to download this and that type of file may harm my computer... I guess I'll just go without?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
When I click on any of the links where it says: Region 1, Region 7, etc. I get a message asking if I want to download this and that type of file may harm my computer... I guess I'll just go without?

Click here for the instructions on how to find which Region you should use.  In the States it is usually Region 1. 

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 07:32:13 AM »
Yay! It worked today! (No message about damaging my computer!) Thanks Pam, Alsier, and MtgLady.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »
Okay, I was checking to make sure my game was updated to the most recent- but it is still at 4.6.6!
I tried using this "incremental patch" from thesims3.com forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/188505.page but it says I need to use a different region! I'm not sure what to do.
By the way it still says "invalid file" when I try to update! And again: when you cancel and restart is that when you just click the X at the top right corner? If it is it didn't work.
I am pretty anxious because I'd like to do the 2011 challenges, but can't if I'm not patched.  :-\ ???

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Update Issue: Invalid File? 2011 Challenge!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »
Beddy_Boop — first, shut down and restart your computer. Next, launch the Sims 3 using the standard launcher. Do you get a message saying an update is available at that point?

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
Re: Update Issue: Invalid File? 2011 Challenge!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »
When I first go to the launcher no message pops up, and when I go to the Updates tab it says my game is up to date. Even when I press refresh it says it is up to date. But at the bottom left it says my game is 4.6.6.009001?

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
Re: Update Issue: Invalid File? 4.6.6?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 10:36:06 PM »
Is 4.6.6. the latest update? Or am I making a big deal when I already have the most recent update?

biancasimone

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 02:13:55 AM »
4.6.6 is the most recent update for Ambitions.

Beddy, I was having this issue too.  I backed up my game files, then un-installed Ambitions.  THEN I updated my EADM (EA Download Manager). Then restarted my computer and re-installed Ambitions. Then I restarted and updated through The Sims 3 Launcher.  Now it doesn't show the message every time that I need to update my game!

Some people have said that simply updating the EADM helps that message go away.  I would try updating the EADM and restarting first, it may make that message go away :)

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »
Oh, thank gosh! I was thinking there was an update that came with Late Night, but one that everyone should download! It's a New Years Eve miracle! Thank you so much all! Just another example of how great the forum is!