Author Topic: Sunset Valley Bunch family keep drowning???  (Read 6058 times)

Offline tjhall1000

• Nooboo
Sunset Valley Bunch family keep drowning???
« on: November 14, 2016, 04:40:37 AM »
so i been playing Sunset Valley for quite a while now.  and in the last couple hours, judy bunch has drowned in a pool. and just a bit ago lisa bunch drowned in a pool...

i go to their house and i dont see any death in or around the pool.

what am i missing? has anyone else seen the bunch family start dying off by drowning? any way to find their death location so i can see if i can fix it.

my game is base game and late night and lofts  but thats it, not even any mods other then the no intro mod

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Sunset Valley Bunch family keep drowning???
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »
Have you looked at all the public pools?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:20:09 AM »
If you have story progression enabled, and the game thinks the town is overpopulated (which may happen if it created sims to fill roles or move in), it will kill off sims to lower the amount of them in town.  Usually it picks sims the active family doesn't have a relationship with.  You will see stories in the newspaper about these sims drowning, starving, or getting struck by lightning.  The game just kills them off and puts the headstone in the mausoleum, but it was probably not an actual drowning animation or anything that you could have witnessed or stopped.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »
If you have story progression enabled, and the game thinks the town is overpopulated (which may happen if it created sims to fill roles or move in), it will kill off sims to lower the amount of them in town.  Usually it picks sims the active family doesn't have a relationship with.  You will see stories in the newspaper about these sims drowning, starving, or getting struck by lightning.  The game just kills them off and puts the headstone in the mausoleum, but it was probably not an actual drowning animation or anything that you could have witnessed or stopped.

I totally forgot all about that. LOL Thanks for reminding me of that Cheezey

Offline tjhall1000

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 05:30:16 AM »
sorry for not giving enough info, im not sure if its on progression, i dont have game up right now lol, but i know i turned off aging, i wanted everyone to keep living lol

and didnt see anything at any public pools either, heck i went to every pool in the town and didnt see anything wrong

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »
I think that may just be SP offscreen deaths.  ::)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »
I don't know much about the Bunch family, yet.  However, I built a pool on my TS3 main family's home lot (15 Summer Hill Court).  I put a fence around the edge of the pool --- except where the pool ladders are.  I also fenced in the pond on my Sims' lot.

I just started playing TS3, so I was wondering if it helps Sims to not drown if their needs are high --- especially the hunger need, the bladder need and the energy need --- as it is in TS4.  Does that method work in TS3 to reduce deaths by drowning?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »
I've only ever had one sim die by drowning in Sims 3. That sim was fatigued from exercise, and I sent him in the pool because he had a wish to go swimming. He kept getting out but I kept sending him in, not realizing I was toying with Grim.  When Grim showed up, I had a moment of "oh, that's why he kept getting out... oops."

I've never had an idle sim swim him or herself to death, but that might just be my luck. 

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 11:25:01 PM »
I've only ever had one sim die by drowning in Sims 3. That sim was fatigued from exercise, and I sent him in the pool because he had a wish to go swimming. He kept getting out but I kept sending him in, not realizing I was toying with Grim.  When Grim showed up, I had a moment of "oh, that's why he kept getting out... oops."

I've never had an idle sim swim him or herself to death, but that might just be my luck.
@Cheezey --- Only having 1 Sim drown is a really good record!  I'll keep track of my TS3 Sims' needs, the way I don in TS4.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 11:49:58 AM »
@tjhall1000 Here is a little tip, I have seen elsewhere: with Story Progression turned on while at the same time Aging Enabled, the game is bound to kill off sims and possibly ones you might not want to see go. I have had some townie sims struck and killed by lightning that way. And there is no evidence. It is a message only and they are simply just gone.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline tjhall1000

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 11:56:02 AM »
doesnt matter now i guess lol both parents of the bunch family as well as the teenager died by drowning, i can only assume the kids got taken away when there wasnt an adult left.

i had aging turned off so that must not be the issue.  i say their house is cursed

thanks for reply tho

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
@tjhall1000 Oh, it's probably just Story Progression then. You are probably right about the kids.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »
I have story progression and aging off, but that's good to know.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 08:44:59 AM »
@coolsim9999999 I have them both turned off as well. Don't like loosing iconic townies to some pudding-faced randomly generated sims who are every bit as badly dressed and badly looking as those of TS4. And they are strangers; all the premade townies become like family to me. I get so attached ::)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 03:20:39 PM »
@Nindigo --- I tend to enjoy keeping my Sims in TS3 and TS4.  For example, in TS4, I have been playing my Sullivan family, whom I created, since September 2015 :).  I really like my TS3 family, whom I created this week, when I commenced playing TS3.