Author Topic: City Living and Gardening  (Read 22052 times)

Offline Melusane

• Nooboo
City Living and Gardening
« on: November 06, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »
I wanted to know if it was possible to fulfill the Freelance Botanist aspiration inside the City map.
I had my sim buy the Fountainview Penthouse.
I used the seed packets, the fruit and veggie shop, the love festival and the spice festival.
At the moment I have everything except the snapdragon and the tulip. I even have the U.F.O. I found no plant inside the City Park except one potato plant.

I'll let you know if I can find those two missing plants eventually and grow the cow plant.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: City Living and Gardening
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
You can find roses, tulips, daisies, chrysanthemums and snap dragons at the Love Festival in planter boxes that appear there.  The only plant that spawns at the park is the potato as you mentioned.  I think it's entirely possible to complete Freelance Botanist  there but I think the grafting part might still be broken.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
@Melusane

Could you please share how you got the UFO plant? Did you do the Green Man space mission or does City Living offer some new way to obtain a UFO plant?

I have a couple living in the Culpepper (Needs TLC) apartment. They have emptied the balcony and started a garden (mainly dragonfruit) there, but the space is so small that it's taking forever to level up the Gardening skill.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:02:10 PM »
@oshizu you can harvest the UFO plant from a plant pot at the Spice Festival.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 08:14:16 PM »
@Playalot

Wow, the hardest plant to obtain to complete the Gardening collection just got super easy!
Now, if someone at the Flea Market would just sell all four rare MySims trophies! I did buy Carl the Zombie there, but am still missing two of the rares!  ;D

Offline Melusane

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 01:48:37 PM »
After a second love festival, I believe that the plants (only flowers though) appear at random inside the planter boxes. On the second time, I had a "debug something" plant with a cow plant seed to harvest.
I confirm that if you want to graft from those festival plants, the grafting won't work because it is not properly named. But the normal grafting from your own plants works.
My sim has now completed his Freelance Botanist aspiration!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 02:10:47 PM »
Good for you Melusane!  I agree, the plants that show up are random.  This time there is no UFO plant at the Spice Festival.  :'(
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 02:16:49 AM »
@Joria  sorry for the misinformation. I've experienced 5 Spice Festivals now and the UFO plant is always there! So I guess it must be random per save file not per festival spawn. Or are you getting different plants each time the Spice Market spawns in the same game?

I also get all the herbs each Spice festival too. The plants say "Great" when moused over but the fruit etc. is always just normal.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline fredbrenny

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 01:34:36 PM »
I have been quite successful so far with the botanist aspiration living in the city, and almost have my gardening / plants collection complete!
Just one thing I can't seem to get: The trash plant. I even tried to leave trash downstairs at the festival grounds... there is always some neat Sim who will clean it up before it is able to sprout. Is there a way to get a trash plant in the city other than having to move to the one 'normal' lot with the garden? 

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 02:43:31 PM »
@fredbrenny --- You could build a bedroom at San Myshuno Meadows lot/place a tent, and plant a trash plant.  Then, harvest it after a few days.

Offline Melusane

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 03:55:46 PM »
@fredbenny I couldn't get this one either, but I played a tidy sim.
I wondered if you could make your sim drop some trash on the floor and then move that trash to a planter box in building mode and wait?
Maybe I'll try this this week end and let you know if it works, unless you try it before I do.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »
I wondered if you could make your sim drop some trash on the floor and then move that trash to a planter box in building mode and wait?
Maybe I'll try this this week end and let you know if it works, unless you try it before I do.
@Melusane --- Your idea seems easier :)!

Offline fredbrenny

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 04:52:20 PM »
@Melusane --- Your idea seems easier :)!

I am trying that right now :)  In buildmode, the trash will be under the planter (I have moveobjects on) but it is green and it stinks, so we will wait and see :)
I'll keep you all posted. Thanks!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 09:04:17 AM »
I'm always fighting with my sims to leave the trash pile alone. Once I ever fenced it off but they were still able to pick it up. But the trash plant is the hardest to me because everyone wants to clean it up.  You have to keep an eye on them until it's sprouts as a plant. That the only thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline fredbrenny

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 11:18:59 AM »
I'm always fighting with my sims to leave the trash pile alone. Once I ever fenced it off but they were still able to pick it up. But the trash plant is the hardest to me because everyone wants to clean it up.  You have to keep an eye on them until it's sprouts as a plant. That the only thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

@sdhoey I am having the same problem :( 
Other than that. I don't have a way to do that from any of the apartments in San Myshuno, other than moving my Sim into the Old Salt House and keep a 24-7 watch on the trash pile. @Melusane: Unfortunately you can not use a trash pile on the planter boxes. I am so close. I will probably have to move my family to complete this collection...