Author Topic: City Living Guides and Reference Links  (Read 19050 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: City Living Guides
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »
@Carl

Thanks for the numbers regarding Handiness--that's pretty amazing. The Homey trait causes my sims to throng to the woodworking table to make dragon sculptures, though, so I've put it in storage, lol. I can see that the triple combo would be a quick get-rich scheme for a sim with a woodworking table.
Watching a sim sitting at a computer for days, trying to churn out three bestsellers is no fun, however, so you'll not hear me complaining about Home Studio, hehe.

I'm glad to hear that we can still add other traits to unchangeable traits. I really need to stop just visiting San Myshuno and play a household living there.
Again, love the guides!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »
Wow! Stackable is a definite "easy button".  Not sure I like it.

I've been trying out different apartments.  Will try the TLC one both furnished and unfurnished.  Gotta see the differences if any and what would happen if you add Home Studio and Natural Light.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 04:27:01 PM »
Ya know what, I did see some things about tuning for behavior related to whims. Maybe it didn't mean whims will come up, but Sims will want to use those objects more. So you could help to direct Sims to do something you want by using these traits, when you're controlling a 'main' Sim. Lol maybe kids will do homework reliably with Child's Play AND Good Schools.

And thanks for saying so, I'm glad I pulled it together. I was a bit worried about my coverage this time as the content is very spread out in this EP. Ya know, playtesting Get Together i literally just played clubs all weekend and pulled out like 8 pages in 3 days, but it was easy due to it being focused work. Same for Dine Out and GTW. I remember when Generations came out, I was even sure I could cover it!

Let me know how it goes @Joria!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 04:28:07 PM »
@Joria
I would love if the stacking worked for Baking!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »
Wow, yes it would. It would belong on the cooking page, if not just its own since it's only for people with the EP. Having them all would definitely help, imagine how many festivals I'd have to go to starting from scratch. Although I'm not sure how many are exclusive to those?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
@Carl, I deleted my post since I'd PM'ed you then you responded like a second after I deleted it. But yes, I'll finish up my list and send it to you.
The stalls aren't open only during festivals but they're still a pain to track since they change districts and locations. The schedule seems random (to me).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »
I can't make sense of the festivals timetable at all. My sim is only allowed to make money by selling items during the flea market, 3 sims weeks in there has only been 1 flea market. If this continues he'll starve to death soon lol despite having over $30,000 worth of paintings in his inventory!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »
I can't make sense of the festivals timetable at all. My sim is only allowed to make money by selling items during the flea market, 3 sims weeks in there has only been 1 flea market. If this continues he'll starve to death soon lol despite having over $30,000 worth of paintings in his inventory!

Outside of official flea markets you can sometimes grab the odd table or art board in the festival areas and add your inventory. You just have to try to distract anyone who beat you to selling there first, my success rate is about 50% on that so far.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 07:50:35 PM »
Yep, I like that feature too.  I bought an art board and tried it out in Willow Creek Park right where your sims spawn in, he did quite well especially when I increased the % of mark up.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 08:04:47 PM »
Yep, I like that feature too.  I bought an art board and tried it out in Willow Creek Park right where your sims spawn in, he did quite well especially when I increased the % of mark up.

Oh, thank you, I failed to find the street store or the gallery board in buy mode earlier, but tried again and found them. That will help!
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 11:14:35 PM »
Ok, if you stack Home Studio and Homey in the TLC apartment NOTHING breaks!  Been there 10 Sim days and zip on the breakage.  Sim constantly wants to use the woodworking bench though, which can be annoying as she will drop queue to go do it.
Don't know if it needs more time or not.  My Sim is tired of hot and cold running rats and roaches and wants to move.  (or I do, yuck)

Went to the Romance Festival which was interesting.  Have photos and all the info if you want me to post it.  Initially I thought it was going to be boring but there was a lot more to it.  You get a pink glow if you drink Sakura tea and a flirty mood.  Go figure. lol  The available males are less than wonderful so that part was a disappointment to my flirty female. They are either homely, (to be nice about it), pear shaped, have bad traits or are married, (the cute ones).

Have a list of foods from four food vendors, (there are 3 at the Flea Market) if you want it, including prices.

The Flea Market was disappointing as I had not read the guide and could not figure out how to sell anything. (all those sculptures)  Items available were mostly furniture and a few toys/chotchkes.

When a mouse comes out if you click on it you get an option to OBLITERATE, all in caps.   ;D  You also can complain to the apartment manager.  If roaches come out, (and they are horrible  :o) you get a thought of "What's that?"  Happens for mice too.  Stops your current actions and can drop queue.  If you click on roaches you get an option to ERADICATE.  It amused me that it was all caps.  If you do those actions you con't get rid of the vermin permanently but they don't come back for quite some time.  If you ignore them you wind up with lots more of them showing up and more frequently.

My Sim finally met someone moderately cute with really nice traits.  She asked him to move in which he AND his daughter did! What a surprise.  He was single but not listed as a single Dad and since he was not currently in the world no way to really check it out.  He also was very hard to get.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 11:46:41 PM »
@Joria
Your post reminded me of that old country song by Paula Lockheart.

It's hard to find a good man in the city
I wanna tell you, it's hard to find a good man anymore
They don't care how they treat the girls they meet on the street.
It's such a pity
Well, it's hard to find a good man in the city.

LOL

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2016, 05:55:03 AM »
Stock it, tend it, mark up the % and then start a Yard Sale. I did this in the middle of the cafe in Windenburg, my sim made a killing.  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2016, 01:33:52 PM »
Day 11 in the TLC apartment and finally something broke, some of the pipes in the bathroom.  They were quickly and easily repaired by my Sim.  The other time I was in the TLC, without adding the lot characteristics, things broke within 3 days so I guess all it did was make things less likely to break and more easy to repair.  Still, good to know.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 12:27:28 PM »
@oshizu gave me details on the food stalls, this thing about flea markets is interesting, I may be able to do a piece just on things to do out in the city, combine lots of those minor features that may not otherwise belong on the guide :)

I think tomorrow I'll get the page on the last career out of the way then start on things like that, the bubble blower, and I have a big batch of emotion info that @Playalot compiled for us. Lots of interesting little additions to make and @Flynn Arrowstarr and @MrsFlynn updated the fishing info to include City Living.

anything