Author Topic: City Living Guides and Reference Links  (Read 19043 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: City Living Guides
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
Stock it, tend it, mark up the % and then start a Yard Sale. I did this in the middle of the cafe in Windenburg, my sim made a killing.  :)

Thanks for explaining how to use that Art Display thing (forgot the name).
My sim tried selling small paintings at the Flea Market and sold every last one he and wifey had painted.
Also, there was a vendor selling snow globes and so they bought the five they were missing. Collecting has gotten a lot easier!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »
This is unrelated to the City Living Guides, but @Playalot had given me Emotions details for all the main positive feelings. We now have a huge lists on all individual emotions pages, such as Inspired to help you get your moodlets in different ways. I can see this helping people to break their routine a bit, do something different to get into a good mood for work or skilling. Im grateful for her efforts here, it is a very comprehensive list. I announced these additions along with all the new pages for CL on the guide.

I'll do the career next time I'm on the job, then start on other things. I can't wait to have it all up, it's always nice to get the guide to a level that is as complete as possible :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »
I'm not done with development, but I've been pretty distracted. Working on the Critic career now, so that part can be complete. It looks like a kind of fun way to further profit off developing the writing skill so far, plus you have good reason to head out and review food/performances. Overall not bad, and I wish more careers had options like these.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 04:32:51 PM »
So far so good on the guide, Carl.  Appreciating your efforts.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 05:32:22 PM »
Thanks @Joria - got that page up. I'm slow this time, but getting a little more done here and there :)

I'm kind of disappointed with how Art Critic turned out. Job tasks could have more diversity, more means of reviewing individual artwork. Maybe I missed something. If I did, let me know!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2016, 08:15:39 PM »
@Carl --- My 2 main city Sims are art critics, and their careers seem to be going well, so far.  I will pay close attention to see if I find anything that wasn't included on your page --- which is excellent, by the way :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2016, 10:31:23 PM »
I don't know if anyone saw the 2 fishing spots behind the Old Salt House.  There's a ramp behind the construction area at the waterfront.  The 2 fishing spots are down a ramp, at the water, and then, you will see 2 fishing signs ---- side-by-side --- at the bottom of the ramp.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »
Yep that's already noted in the Fishing Location pdf file.

Where to Catch Every Fish (List/Maps of all Fishing Spots)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/download/FishingLocations.pdf

The file has been updated for City Living with photos of the fishing spots.

I don't know if anyone saw the 2 fishing spots behind the Old Salt House.  There's a ramp behind the construction area at the waterfront.  The 2 fishing spots are down a ramp, at the water, and then, you will see 2 fishing signs ---- side-by-side --- at the bottom of the ramp.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2016, 01:48:33 AM »
@MrsFlynn --- Thanks a lot for the link.  That spot seemed so hidden that I thought I would mention it.  I just read through the link, and it is very helpful! 

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »
Yeah they did an amazing job on the fishing spots guide, didn't they?

I'm not sure what's coming up this week. I want to finish off the EP but love the idea of continuing this newbie guide project. I think a lot of people will get it for Christmas this year, and some of them just won't know what they are doing and would love to have an explanation. I see an inherent weakness in the guide in that you kind of need to know what you are looking for, while newbie guides can direct people to areas with more in-depth information.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2016, 05:49:19 PM »
I for one think that's an excellent idea, Carl.  How many years have I been with you guys and yet there are still times when I need a little newbie type help.  Sometimes it can be overwhelming when you are brand new and it doesn't hurt to have a "refresher course" for us old timers either.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2016, 09:51:58 PM »
@Carl --- I agree with @Joria.  Your idea for the guide will help out lots of newbies.  When I was a newbie and found your guide, it was very helpful --- but if you can think of even more things to help newbies in the guide --- that would be awesome.  Your City Living Guide is great, too.

Yeah, they did a great job with the fishing areas in the city!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »
@Carl --- My 2 main city Sims are art critics, and their careers seem to be going well, so far.  I will pay close attention to see if I find anything that wasn't included on your page --- which is excellent, by the way :)!
@Carl --- I paid even more attention to my 2 Sims' careers

Your Critic CL page has everything --- like I thought it would.

Offline eaglezero

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2016, 07:54:14 PM »
Is there anything or going to be anything on the buffs from the bubble blower yet? I didn't know it didn't anything other than fun and accidentally froze my sim, who turned blue for like half a day, lol.

eta: Oh wait I see there is a thread about this - I don't know how I missed it when I specifically looked for it just now. One of those days, I guess.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 03:08:22 PM »
@Carl  something to add to the to-do list maybe? Collections snow globes and posters?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything