Author Topic: City Living Guides and Reference Links  (Read 19042 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
City Living Guides and Reference Links
« on: November 02, 2016, 05:38:54 AM »
City Living Guides and Reference Links

Quick Links:

Guide Links
Reference Links

Guide Links

I'll announce new guides here and add them to this list. Post corrections here or on the actual corrections board and @ tag me when you do so. I'll also list things I have planned and if you think a topic deserves a whole page, please do let me know. I'll consider adding it to the to-do list.

Gameplay
City Living DLC - needs additional screenshots, sections on miscellaneous additions from the pack.
Apartments
Lot Traits
Festivals - To Do

Careers
Critic
Politician
Social Media

Skills
Singing

Misc To-Dos:
Add new death type (bad fish)
Add new traits
Add new Aspiration
Collections
Look for fishing spots - the Flynns got this! Fishing Locations Link
Any new rewards? I should pay attention  :-X
Page on new foods, as recipes are learned specifically by eating them.

I just made the list off the top of my head - did I forget anything? I'll work to get this all filled out within the next 7-10 days!

Reference Links

Sims 4 Neighborhood Maps: San Myshuno Edition
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28337.msg464081#msg464081

San Myshuno Food, Beverage, and Produce Stalls
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28350.msg464223#msg464223

City Living: Video Gaming Consoles
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27698.msg457257#msg457257

Bubble Blower Stats
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27466.msg454413#msg454413

The Sims 4 City Living
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27132.msg450511#msg450511

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: City Living Guides
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:07:04 AM »
Are there more than two collections? (Snow globes and posters)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:48:02 AM »
Collections, yes! I don't know how many but they should be on this list :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 08:27:17 AM »
Fish; pufferfish (kills if cooked poorly)rare ponds and tuna common everywhere
New Music Genre; SPop. New Stations; S Pop, World and Talk Radio
New TV channels; Civic Public Access, World Culture Network, and PolitiSim
Collections; Snow globes, Posters (City Poster Collectibles) Note: the snow globes are animated... if you look closely!  ;)
New Club Activities if you have GT; Play Basketball, Sing and Give Speech
@Carl

*edited: Singing song while playing the guitar levels both skills.  :) I'd imagine it's the same for piano as well. (Also the actual simlish 'words' the devs have used for the songs I'm finding really amusing. Making me laugh at my sims.)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 03:35:18 PM »
There are 3 fishing spots in the large park, several frog spawn spots and at least one veggie spawning spot there.  Might want to mention the wedding venue complete with a nice fireworks display and building there with complete kitchen, bar, tables and more.
There is also a piano and guitar so Sims can practice or play music there.  Not sure about a violin.  Even has a bath tub upstairs in case wedding guests get real grungy.

Painting skill rises very fast by painting murals at the museum.  The museum has lots of easels and a woodworking bench.

What about the bubble machine?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »
@Joria --- All of the stuff you mentioned, makes this pack seem even more awesome than before!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 01:33:10 AM »
Thanks for bringing this stuff up, @Joria - there's enough random little things that I can use the help figuring out what belongs on the site.

Right now I am working on the Social Media career. I have to say it is one of those times where I feel that having a guide is especially helpful. There's a lot of bouncing around as to what skill is required for the next promotion and tons of little abilities. Got all the promotion data, now time to play with these abilities and see if there's anything interesting here :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 03:22:44 AM »
Ok, the Social Media Career is done. Definitely some interesting abilities to be found with this one, way better than politician/activist!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 03:03:20 PM »
I'm glad to hear that the City Living guide is getting more and more info, @Carl!  I'll read your City Living guide some more in a minute.  I've already been looking at it, but it will be great to find out more about the social media career. 

I'm not sure which new career I'll pick, yet.  I'm a journalist, but I've critiqued some art and food, so I may do that.  However, social media is part of journalism now, and I think this is the perfect time to check out the political career.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 01:41:13 AM »
I just had to correct some misinfo I had up on the politics career. I was up in the 2nd half of that one and getting 0 career performance gains via work from home. @Playalot messaged me to say that she has it working just fine at the lower levels. I may have just hit an unlucky jackpot by having it not work multiple days.

But now on further thought it could've had something to do with how I was tasked to visit a festival that was not until way  way past work hours.  Definitely going to need to playtest that so I can point out any limitations.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 02:03:51 AM »
@Carl
For the Social Media career, buying Connections is a waste of points. I was wondering why my sim started at Level 3 Social Media, despite his A grade in high school and his Connections trait, then rechecked your excellent guide to realize that the career branches at Level 4.
So, it seems that if a sim earned an A in high school, buying Connections for the Social Media career is a waste of aspiration points.

I'm so grateful you're doing your wonderful guides for this new EP!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 07:47:08 AM »
The Lot Traits Guide is now live! I am glad to have that one done, it was a lot of digging into the game files to learn some of their effects without having to test every single one. I was not able to figure out a couple, namely Ley Line and Pary Place. We'll get them sorted later!

@osizu Thank you! I will drop a mention of that when I write about work from home and add the new careers to the main careers guide. They do all branch rather early, I think this was done maybe to increase replay value a bit :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 03:01:28 PM »
Do the traits stack?  For instance, if you have Chef's Kitchen and Homey will you have a larger or more frequent boost to skill gain?

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »
@Carl and @Joria

I hope they don't stack. The lot traits are so OP as they are now.

Example:
My sim has Level 2 Homestyle Cooking (from watching TV). Our Windenberg lot has the Homey lot trait (which boosts cooking, mixology, gardening, and handiness).
By the time he finished the Master Chef aspiration's "Cook 5 Excellent Meals" goal, both his Homestyle and Gourmet Cooking skills had reached Level 7.

@Carl
One of your guides mentioned that certain traits come with certain apartments. Does that mean a trait like Historical can't be removed but other traits can be added?
Or does that mean that the lot can only have the Historical trait? (Sorry, I'm not playing in the apartments yet, but I'm still curious.)
Also, what does "Needs TLC" mean? Do the apartment dwellers get a handiness boost, are things constantly breaking, or a little combination of both?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »
For TLC I think it starts broken if it's furnished, but haven't got to test that one much yet. What would it do unfurnished? Needs another look - good catch.

The lot traits DO stack, just not like you're getting +100% skill gains in most cases. Chef's + Homey would give you inspired every time you cook, then homey would throw in a 50% skill boost increase. Definitely potent.

I think a couple are possible to get to 100%. I know woodworking (handiness ) from home studio + natural light and homey should work. That'd be +100% and higher quality for woodworking. Only +100% one I see. You could have +50% to painting skill gains with natural light and use home studio to also boost their quality. Not too much overlap, but it is there. And yeah they're pretty OP.

Historical is one example of one that cannot be removed, but the house still has 2 other slots that you can use to customize. A couple of apartments I think come with 2 non-removable traits, but they may be good ones like Quiet.

anything